THE OFFICIAL COMIC-CON 2010 THREAD

Lodging with MadRhapsody

Confirmed:
-Burnside20

Potential:
-Gabe Shelley
-Jay Winger

Own Homes:
-MadRhapsody's nephew (with my brother and sister-in-law)
-Sairys (with her parents)

Capacity: 10 (seven slots available)

Hotels, Inns and Specials

Single Rooms:
-Keyser Soze (US Grant Hotel)
-Optikal
-SuperFerret
-Ahura Mazda

Shared Rooms:
-Twylight
-Twylight's brother
-Twylight's guest (x2)
-Wiegebo
-Shlee

Specials:
-Johnny Blaze and guests, one is to be determined (Two-bedroom suite)
-Byrd Man (Car? That's what he said. o_O)

The Attendees

Four-Day Passes:
-MadRhapsody
-Burnside20
-Keyser Soze
-Wiegebo
-Twylight
-Twylight's brother
-Twylight's guests (x2)
-Shlee
-Green Lantern
-Optikal

Individual Passes:
-MadRhapsody's nephew (Saturday)

Attending but unsure of days:
-Trustyside-kick
-KenshinAtrain
-Byrd Man
-Johnny Blaze
-Catman prb
-SuperFerret
-Ahura Mazda

To be determined:
-Trustyside-kick's brother and friend(s)
-Johnny Blaze's friend(s)

UPDATED @ 8:28pm PT on Thursday, August 6th, 2009

Greetings! My name is Melissa, though most people call me Mel, and my main online name is MadRhapsody-- sometimes with 17 added to the end. I have lived in San Diego, California all my life and I have seen many enjoyable events come and go. However, one that captured my attention in July 2008 was the San Diego Comic-Con. I was never into it before because I wasn't a comic fan, but the reason I got into the yearly Comic-Con was because of Tim Kring's Heroes. It wasn't until this year's Comic-Con where I was finally converted into a comic fan. Big thank you to Keyser Soze, Wiegabo, Twylight and Twylight's brother-- who have become like extended family to me-- for helping me understand why they're enjoyable and why I must become a fan.

Comic-Con 2009 was excellent and it has convinced all of us to make it a tradition to go every year. With all the excitement, my parents offered free lodging during Comic-Con week to my friends who come from near or far for this extravagant event. With the living room, two empty rooms and my bedroom (girls only! Or my boyfriend if he tags along), we can fit 10 people. You do not have to pay a penny for every night you sleep over. However, I do suggest bringing a sleeping bag, an air mattress, clothing, and groceries money. You know, the essentials.

Notice the lists have been modified! I thought Twylight's list making was a lot more refined than mine, so we're going with hers. Pretty simple and not that hard to follow. As time passes by, I will create two new lists: Cosplay and Non-Cosplay. In this year's Comic-Con, John cosplayed as Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) and I cosplayed as Carol Ferris (formal wear). It was a lot of fun, and although my outfit was last-second, I'm glad I dolled myself up for it. For 2010, I am planning to cosplay as Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4). I heard that some people were already interested in cosplaying as well, so feel free to join in on the fun! Each year, thousands of people cosplay for Comic-Con, so you most certainly won't be alone. Whether we participate in the yearly Masquerade or not depends on all of you.

Any posts made here should contribute to Comic-Con 2010. To be added to a list, post here. To confirm cosplay or non-cosplay, post here. To report any news about 2010, post here. Please try to avoid getting too off-topic as it makes my life easier to have this organized. Thank you!

~Mel (MadRhapsody)
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
UPDATE (08/03/09) - Created Hotels and Inns List, Keyser Soze moved under that list with US Grant Hotel.

I might come and stay but I do not know what the best hotels are in the area. I am hesitating between the Ivy (but I think you need to be two) and the Solamar. I am also looking at the Marriot and the Westin (to a lesser degree).

If you have any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Last edited:
I might come and stay but I do not know what the best hotels are in the area. I am hesitating between the Ivy (but I think you need to be two) and the Solamar. I am also looking at the Marriot and the Westin (to a lesser degree).

By the way, any advice on other things to see would be helpful. At the moment i am planning to fly to LA from Europe and then after a couple of days fly down to San Diego for 4 days before going back.

I am plannig on going to SDCC next year. I am gonna join this thread for various updates and information about places to see and such. Thanks :up:

The US Grant was the one I stayed in this year, and it was lovely. And in terms of location, it's a 7 block walk from the convention centre, which only takes about 10 minutes.

By the way, any advice on other things to see would be helpful. At the moment i am planning to fly to LA from Europe and then after a couple of days fly down to San Diego for 4 days before going back.

I went to the San Diego Zoo, and had fun there. :yay:

I wonder how early they let you book Hotel rooms

I get discounts from Merriot. Depending on where the hotel is located, could be as low as $45 a night. :woot:

What are the cheaper/cheapest hotels in the area?

I have been searching already. I was curious to know people's (who know ther area) suggestions as to what's good. Perhaps post should have sadi that

Ah, right on. MadRhapsody might be able to give you a hand then.

One of my thoughts for next year is renting a cabin at the Chula Vista KOA Campground... it's like $100 a night and if you split it.. *does math* the -only- issue is the car parking once you get into Downtown San Diego, but it's only a 17 minute drive...

As I mentioned to twylight and wanted to mention to others:

If we all choose a hotel and get booked early (like, we book about 4-6 months in advance), I guarantee that we can find a great group discount.

I have ZERO problems sleeping co-ed. Seriously. None. So sharing rooms wouldn't be a big deal.

But if there's a Marriot close and JB gets a discount, and if we could get a group discount on top of that, it would be cheap as HELL, especially if we book early.

ALSO! I wanted to make us t-shirts for next year. Design them, print them out and all that stuff, and we could decide to wear them like Friday or Saturday. With the hype logo/URL on them and stuff, maybe individual flair (like character names or forum handles) on the backs of the shirts. Something like that.

If you're interested in that, hit me up so we can design the shirt together, and if you're interested in donating to the cause, I'll probably just charge everyone the base cost of the shirt if that. :)

Anyway, I'm for sure going, I'm already planning on it and going to be saving for it. I'm totally stoked. :D

The t-shirts must mention we are from the Hype Basement. :word:

Put me down as going under Hotel Guest or whatever it's called. Single again and no longer losing all my cash, I am DEFINITELY saving up for SDCC 2010.

If I do end up going, and that's a big if right now, I'm cool with splitting the bill for a hotel room with you guys.
It'd have to be a 2 or 3 bedroom suit though, since one of the rooms would be mine and mine alone.
So it'd more than likely have to be a Residence Inn, not a Courtyard.

If I do end up going, and that's a big if right now, I'm cool with splitting the bill for a hotel room with you guys.
It'd have to be a 2 or 3 bedroom suit though, since one of the rooms would be mine and mine alone.
So it'd more than likely have to be a Residence Inn, not a Courtyard.

I don't think so. One to a bed ain't gonna fly next year. :word:

You're a princess, Johnny. I have no idea why you'd need a room to yourself, but if you could swing it, would be nice to know how many we could comfortably fit there and be within hotel rooms and stuff like that.

Can you find out for us? :heart:

Im down for passing out on a couch or pulling up a piece of floor as long as i have somewhere to sleep im good.

God damn double postings! :cmad:

You're a princess, Johnny. I have no idea why you'd need a room to yourself, but if you could swing it, would be nice to know how many we could comfortably fit there and be within hotel rooms and stuff like that.

Can you find out for us? :heart:

Since I don't read comics anymore, I'd mainly be going to check out the movie and TV show panels. And pretty much going out and partying every night I'm there.
I'd need a room to myself since I would be trying to pick up some San Diego strange while I'm there.

As for how many you can fit, depends on who's up for sleeping on the floor. Really, you can fit a ****load in a 2 bed suite. Provided those in question have no qualms about "ruffing" it.

It's cool, Blaze. I can be arm candy. ;)

You sure it'd be cool with the hotel if we pack a 2 bedroom suite full of people? LOL. It would cut down costs, but I'm just worried about breaking hotel rules and/or getting kicked out. :p

As long as we are not crazy and blatant about it we should be fine...there will be so many people milling around that they wont be able to keep much track on who is going where

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"