Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) - Starring Drew Barrymore/Timothy Olyphant

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
C1bd30xVEAAIHaa.jpg

C1bsXPpUcAAdOYX.jpg

C1akv-RUoAAYwLP.jpg

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/05/santa-c.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
Netflix has finally unveiled the meaning behind the title of new series Santa Clarita Diet.

Starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant, Santa Clarita Diet centers on husband-and-wife realtors Joel (Olyphant) and Sheila (Barrymore), who live in the L.A. suburbs with their teenage daughter Abby (Liv Hewson). Sounds normal enough, right? But their lives begin heading “down a road of death and destruction” when Sheila dies and comes back to life as a zombie.

As new photos from the show reveal, Sheila returns to the land of the living with a newfound joie de vivre — plus a craving for raw meat and humans (the show’s titular diet).

“We do this sort of Cro-Magnon type of evolution with her over the course of the 10 episodes.No gimmicks, no prosthetics, just an awakening,” Barrymore told USA Today. “I just really enjoyed just shedding a snakeskin with her, so it became a really fun obstacle that I wasn’t even planning for but seemed so conducive and fun and healthy for my own life.”

Showrunner Victor Fresco (Better Off Ted) executive-produces the quirky comedy alongside Barrymore, Olyphant, Aaron Kaplan, Tracy Katsky, Chris Miller, and Ember Truesdell.
I'm intrigued, but I hope there isn't as much overlap with iZombie as it seems like there could be on the surface. I already have one, I don't need another that is exactly the same except with award buzz.

Could be kind of fun. It's Barrymore so I'm already interested.

05-santa-clarita-diet-3.nocrop.w494.h733.jpg

The premise sounds pretty ridiculous but I like the cast

This looks great! :)

Trailer on the Coming Soon frontpage.

Last edited:
Good trailer. My fears of this being just "Emmy-friendly iZombie" have been put to rest. Looks to have it's own flavor.

So has anybody watched any of this yet? Well when I 1st started this series idk what to think. After 3 episodes I love this show. A lot funnier than I expected a little gross in the 1st episode but I got past that. I will watch the rest of the series during the weekend.

Drew barrymore is iconic. I will watch to support her. She should tweet more btw

Im watching it but I am not that impressed. Seems kind of forced.

One moment kind of bothered me. Abby holds up a granade (grey canister with a red band around it) and ask what it is. He says flashbang. On the canister it says CS... and CS is. Tear gas.

This series is really, really good. Surprised at how well they played off the trope.

So glad they renewed it but also not the least bit surprised either.

Anyone else watching S2? Up to Episode 7 and it’s pretty entertaining, with a few curve balls!

Not yet but going to try to binge a little this weekend.

I watched everything Season 2 in 24 hours and it was really solid. I'll do a proper review soon.

Getting huge Beetlejuice/The Burbs vibes from the season 2 episodes I've watched so far. Very enjoyable though!

Timothy Olyphant has brilliant comedic timing.

Season 2 was good, but I feel season 1 was stronger. Their daughter is really annoying to me. Olyphant deserves an Emmy.

I liked this season more.

Is it just me or was there more swearing in this season?

I'm new to Netflix and working my way through season one. It's a little silly for me but it's nice to see Timothy Oliphant again. Loved him in Justified. :)

Binged all of season 2 in a day. Loved it! This show is so much fun. Olyphant and Barrymore are great together and the daughter is fantastic. She's probably my favorite character on the show. Also, [BLACKOUT] Nathan Fillion's head was a welcome addition. Not sure where they'll go in season 3, but it could be interesting having Natalie Morales helping them take out bad guys. I also hope Ramona comes back for a few episodes; her deadpan demeanor is hilarious.[/BLACKOUT]

Season 2 was even better!!!

My favourite characters were Joel, and [BLACKOUT]Gary! Loved Nathan Fillion returning! Hopefully, he's made regular cast member if S3 happens! [/BLACKOUT]

I have not even watched season 1 LOL I have to get on it

I'm about halfway and it's pretty good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"