Saving Youtube Videos

Knightsaber Priss

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could give me a crash course on how to save videos from Youtube onto my PC's hard drive so that I can save them onto disc.

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Copy the URL and then paste it in the space in this link and it can be downloaded

The part i circled,you need to select Youtube

15xq.jpg

Okay...I did this but it's saved in a file my PC doesn't recognize. Now what?

Do I have to do it this way Can't I just convert the videos into another format and use my movie editing software to edit them together and save them as an .avi file so I can convert it on my laptop and save it as a DVD?

Godzilla2000 said:
Anyone know how to clear up the blockiness of converting videos?
That's impossible. It's caused by the compression used for Flash movies. You can't revert it since there's a loss of data in the compression.

Edward Brock said:
That's impossible. It's caused by the compression used for Flash movies. You can't revert it since there's a loss of data in the compression.

Ah, well I guess I'll have to just watch these videos on post it note size screens since they look better at that resolution.

Whirlysplat said:
Does this woRk with Macs?

- Whirly

It's a Firefox extension and it does work with Mac's (I just installed and tried it).

jag

I can't get this to work on my Powerbook. Help.

Godzilla2000 said:
The Total Video Coverter linked on the page you gave me.

Does anyone know anything about SUPER or Riva FLV Encoder?

Because I'm confused as to which one to use. Especially since I'm clueless about how each one works anyway.

cmill216 said:
I can't get this to work on my Powerbook. Help.

A little more info about what you're seeing in the way of issues and erros might be helpful.

jag

jaguarr said:
A little more info about what you're seeing in the way of issues and erros might be helpful.

jag

Well, I download the file, and my VLC player doesn't play it. I change the extension and everything.

Hunter Rider has given you a link to download these videos... In that same link there is a help section with a guide on how to view and convert these files... So yeah... Go there. READ!... Actually you don't have to read, the guy made a flash animation for those who are really slow.

cmill216 said:
Well, I download the file, and my VLC player doesn't play it. I change the extension and everything.

What was the file extension?

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"