SciFi does not renew SG-1 - 10th Season is the last!

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back

SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Stargate SG-1, developed for television by executive producers Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner, is based on the 1994 feature film Stargate. SG-1, which originally starred Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, began on Showtime, then moved to SCI FI after five seasons. The current cast includes Tapping, Shanks and Judge and newcomers Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges. It airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

This is sad.
I will miss it.

Granted, its not the same since Jack left...

This sucks.

SG-1 is still going strong and season 10 as so far been great IMO! The series easily had another year or three in it and I think Scifi is going to regret this decision.

Hopefully the producers will manage to find another TV station willing to take over production of the series.

this does suck... but every good show must come to an end some time.

I feel the same way when stupid people cancelled Farscape and Angel prematurely. Claudia is on another show being cancelled. I for one kinda missed O'Neils character. I was always upset that they never had Carter and O'Neil get married or something. I am hoping they will do this for the final episodes.

I am interested in seeing how they finish the show.
I doubt O'Neil and Carter will get together. Its not in their nature.

Well....I'm sure they'll add SG1 characters into Atlantis now. Hopefully they kill off Weir, and put Charter and Daniel in Charge. Also maybe kill off Ronin. He feels too generic.

First this is posted in the Stargate thread. Second I am going to have to make this my signature

SG-1 is NOT DEAD. It just will not air on the Sci-Fi Channel after Season 10. MGM which OWNS Stargate has EVERY INTENTION of continuing SG-1 with or without the Sci-Fi Channel

sucks, one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

Morg said:
sucks, one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

Read what I said Morg :o You guys do know that SG-1 aired on Showtime before Sci-Fi right ?

TrailerCues said:
First this is posted in the Stargate thread. Second I am going to have to make this my signature

SG-1 is NOT DEAD. It just will not air on the Sci-Fi Channel after Season 10. MGM which OWNS Stargate has EVERY INTENTION of continuing SG-1 with or without the Sci-Fi Channel

you make a sig that big and the mod come down on you :p

If they do switch channel who will pick it up?

Morg said:
If they do switch channel who will pick it up?

It might not even continue as a series

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature or the big screen ? Also I would like to note that there has been plans since Season 8 for an "SG-1" Big Screen Movie & I will have to go through the Gateworld news but the new Showtime Channel President said that they would love to have SG-1 back

Showtime? Crap, I can't get it here :(

I wonder if Pierre Bernard is going to do a Recliner of Rage segment on this.

cant believe its been this long--this is bananas! i didnt really watch the show, but im sad to see it go!

Glad its going those 2 cast members from farscape have been ruined the show imo. Its better to have no SG1 at all then having one with them on it.

Well this is just sucky.

Reminds me of the Angel cancelation, shows going great and then "bam" canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"