Sanctuary

Dr.Doom

Superhero
Reaction score
Sanctuary Comes To SCI FI

SCI FI Channel announced that it has green-lighted a full 13-episode season of new original, scripted drama series Sanctuary, based on the world's first high-definition science-fiction Web series. The new show will be the first television series to use live-action actors against mostly virtual sets.

In the one-hour drama, Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis) stars as the enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus, who, along with her young protege, Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne), is on a quest to track down, aid and protect all manner of strange creatures that walk the earth. The show's sets are 90 percent CGI and shot in the same cutting-edge style as the feature films 300 and Sin City.

Sanctuary creator Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1) and producer/director Martin Wood (Stargate Atlantis) will executive-produce. Tapping and Sam Egan (Jeremiah, The Outer Limits, Masters of Science Fiction) also serve as executive producers. In addition to her producing and starring turns on Sanctuary, Amanda Tapping will also make guest appearances on several episodes of SCI FI Channel's Stargate Atlantis during its fifth season.

"Sanctuary promises to be a totally fresh television viewing experience," said Mark Stern, SCI FI executive vice president of original programming. "This stylistic approach to virtual sets has proven hugely popular on the big screen, and we have been looking for a chance to use it on a television series. We've worked with Damian, Martin, Amanda and Sam on numerous projects in the past and think they are the perfect team to tackle something this ambitious."

Sanctuary will be produced by Stage 3 Media in association with SCI FI Channel. Filming is slated to begin in March.

I know that it is old news but I thought the show deserved its own thread.

It was ok. Tapping's daughter will make or break this show because it needs someone with a spark and her character is the only one bringing any.

This show is FAIL....someone needs to tell Tapping the fake accent isn't helping...that is all

I watched some of the webisodes before it got picked up as a TV series. Tapping's accent really was sort of embarrassing and the show generally couldn't hold my interest. I felt bad for her.

Anyone know the ratings on this one?

From Sci-Fi Wire:

SCI FI Channel's original series Sanctuary was the number-one prime-time cable entertainment program among adults aged 25-54 in its Oct. 3 premiere; the show delivered more than 2.7 million total viewers and was the channel's highest-rated original series premiere since Eureka in July 2006.

i saw this on ITV4 last night(it was a toss up between it and eli stone) and i gotta say, i liked it. i was slightly annoyed by the green screen stuff but i liked the opening episode enough to add it to my viewing:up:

From Sci-Fi Wire:

SCI FI Channel's original series Sanctuary was the number-one prime-time cable entertainment program among adults aged 25-54 in its Oct. 3 premiere; the show delivered more than 2.7 million total viewers and was the channel's highest-rated original series premiere since Eureka in July 2006.
Egad, really? I mean... really? This? :huh:

Well...I don't even know what to say to that. :p I was entertained...but I didn't think it was THAT great.

The show has a lot to build on, but I think in time it has a potential to be a good show.

Right now I'd say it's pretty mediocre.

I'm not overly impressed by it, but there were some elements that caught my interest. I liked the Jack the Ripper guy and I'm kind of interested in what they do with that. The writing was clumsy at times and the acting stilted, but the ideas weren't that bad and the production value was better than I was expecting. I'll stick around for a few more episodes.

I watched three episodes to get caught up...and you know...I think the stories are entertaining and the idea is good. but the characters are just plain boring. No dimensions to them at all. It's hard for an actor to put life into a character when the writers give them almost nothing to work with.

I watched the latest episode today and I'm kind of starting to warm to it. I have to admit that they fooled me. I was sure the sherpa was the monster. It seemed like the most obvious plot twist (I guess you'd call it) and I didn't give them any more credit than that. Good on them.

Loved the last episode. All though nothign tops Will's dance last season. =P

i agree.... Sanctuary is one of my top shows... even managed to meet most of the cast last year...

i agree.... Sanctuary is one of my top shows... even managed to meet most of the cast last year...

Cool. Were they together at a con or did you have to go to a couple?

My wife and I like the show...she wasn't too fond of the Cabal stuff, prefers the dealing with the abnormal of the week.

Cool. Were they together at a con or did you have to go to a couple?

My wife and I like the show...she wasn't too fond of the Cabal stuff, prefers the dealing with the abnormal of the week.

bit of both... met Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion and Damian Kindler when they were over in the UK to promote the webisodes.... then met Chris Heyerdahl, Emilie Ullerup, Chuck Campbell and Robin Dunne at a specific Sanctuary event... was meant to meet Ryan Robbins, but he was ill :(

I haven't been able to do much con wise the last couple of years...but no one from the show has been at the ones I managed to make it to.

I got lucky.... was able to attend a Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary Con last year...would have been able to attend the one this year, had it not been for the need of a new computer eating up my Con ££

I'm actually attending an event this weekend with most of the casts of Eureka and Warehouse 13 (Plus other people)

I got lucky.... was able to attend a Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary Con last year...would have been able to attend the one this year, had it not been for the need of a new computer eating up my Con ££

I'm actually attending an event this weekend with most of the casts of Eureka and Warehouse 13 (Plus other people)

If you could get some pics of Erica Cerra ( which was in Smallvill Isis episode btw) and Allison Scagliotti that would make an happy Xav :)

She pulled out the other day :(... Jordan Hanson and Chris Gauither (can't remember hot to spell his name) are attending with Colin Ferguson.

Allison Scagliotti isn't listed as attending either.... Saul Rubnik, Eddie McLintock and Joanne Kelly ar the only WH13 cast attending..

Erica was also in the Sanctuary episode where they introduced Big Bertha...(plus she was topless in L-word :hehe: )...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"