The Dark Knight Scrambler or Bat-pod?

Dark Sentinel

Superhero
Reaction score
just so you know, i've been screaming "SCRAMBLER dammit!" for the past hour and a half. "Scrambler" is my name for the bike, which i think is a LOT better than the "Bat-pod" designation that the LA Times (and the filmmakers) have given Batman's sick new ride.

"Scrambler" is (I.M.O.) the perfect name for it, since it both describes what the thing does (or makes people do when they see it barreling down at them firing those huge machine guns) and shows the bike's relationship to the Tumbler.

anyway, i thought rather than forcing my opinions down everyone's throat, a simple poll would suffice. so vote away

Scrambler sounds like a machine that would do my eggs just the way I like 'em.
Sorry.

Scrambler sounds like a name a bat-fan on some internet-board would come up with cause he couldn´t think of anything better than a word sounding similar to Tumbler.

i imagine morgan freeman sounding better using the word "pod"

i dunno why.... but thats just me

Scrambler sounds like a name a bat-fan on some internet-board would come up with cause he couldn´t think of anything better than a word sounding similar to Tumbler.
Damn. I smell the burnt flesh from over here. :o

I don't think it will be called a 'Bat-pod' or even 'Bat-anything' for the matter, just like how it was in BB.

Wait, is the 'Scrambler' name fan-made, or official? I could've sworn I read that before going into this thread.

i don't know... scrambler sounds ok at first but after a while it does sound so good. i don't think it'll have "bat" anywhere in the name

actually that was the idea behind it: the way i had it in my head, the Scrambler was developed alongside the Tumbler as a combat-grade motorcycle meant to a) Protect the Tumbler from enemy fire during missions; and b) Hit small pockets of enemy troops in quick, hard hits, which during the conceptual design stages the engineers called "scrambles". Plus, it shows that Batman's vehicles weren't randomly designed (though it may appear that way to Gothamites), but that they both complement each other.

now granted, "Pod" makes more sense if the bike indeed does physically link up with the Tumbler, but i didn't think of that concept, Nolan & Co. deserves credit for that.

Wait, is the 'Scrambler' name fan-made, or official? I could've sworn I read that before going into this thread.

haha its not official. i have something like 5 posts in the "Batcycle" thread in the last half an hour practically screaming the name.

i imagine morgan freeman sounding better using the word "pod"

i dunno why.... but thats just me

I agree. Can imagine him saying something like "We/I've nicknamed it the Pod, for obvious reasons" and Bruce and the audience see the obvious reason. .....or something

hehe...just thought of something... next time, we'll get the Bat-iPod...

QFT. It honestly sounds like something a preteen would come up with.

QFT. It honestly sounds like something a preteen would come up with.

i won't argue with you there. i actually came up with the name while writing a fanscript for BB3 after i saw Begins (I'm more partial to Two-Face than Joker:woot:). anyway i came up with a few ideas for a Robin subplot, and one of the elements i came up with was introducing Robin's motorcycle as a companion vehicle to the Tumbler. Naturally since I thought he'd be about 16-17, he'd want a cool name for his bike and "Scrambler" kinda stuck. i mean in my defense it's not half-bad for a (then) 16 year old kid who'd just started to dabble in screenwriting.

someone mentioned "Rumbler" in the Batcycle thread as a suggestion. it sounds cool but just a little to similar to "Tumbler" in my opinion.

RUMBLER... if it even requires a name. I'd rather it just be referred to 'the bike' or something derived from a torrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"