• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Scrambler or Bat-pod?

names are too gimmicky. it's understandable for the military to require name for their hybrid tank vehicles aka the tumblers due to differentiate between the many models they have. batman doesn't have nearly as many vehicles. i don't think a specific name is required. simply 'the bike' is as complicated of a name as it needs to be.

the pursuer or something. scrambler reminds me of eggs or something that scrambles frequencies to avoid being detected. the exact opposite of what this bike looks like.

the pursuer or something. scrambler reminds me of eggs or something that scrambles frequencies to avoid being detected. the exact opposite of what this bike looks like.

when i came up with the name, i imagined that one of the things the military wanted the bike to be able to do was to hit small pockets of enemy troops in quick, hard ambushes. during the development process these became known as "scrambles" and the bike acquired the name "Scrambler". of course i was like 16-17 when i came up with that, and i'd just started dabbling in screenwriting so there you go.

just so you know, i've been screaming "SCRAMBLER dammit!" for the past hour and a half. "Scrambler" is my name for the bike, which i think is a LOT better than the "Bat-pod" designation that the LA Times (and the filmmakers) have given Batman's sick new ride.

"Scrambler" is (I.M.O.) the perfect name for it, since it both describes what the thing does (or makes people do when they see it barreling down at them firing those huge machine guns) and shows the bike's relationship to the Tumbler.

anyway, i thought rather than forcing my opinions down everyone's throat, a simple poll would suffice. so vote away
this is a little too much, don't you think? :whatever:

I don't see why they need to call it anything.

eh, i'm human. i name things :woot:. personally i think they've either already come up with a name or will just call it "the bike". but as a creative person i like to write my ideas down and see how people react to them. but thats just me.

when i came up with the name, i imagined that one of the things the military wanted the bike to be able to do was to hit small pockets of enemy troops in quick, hard ambushes.
and a motorcycle makes sense? screw that, dude. call in a surgical airstrike.

the bat scrambling crotch pod

and a motorcycle makes sense? screw that, dude. call in a surgical airstrike.

yes, for small pockets of enemy troops. you can still use airstrikes, but save those for larger targets. plus, if you think about it, a bike with as much firepower as that can do almost the same amount damage, if not more, as about 3-5 footsoldiers without risking that same amount. furthermore, the enemy won't know whats coming until it's too late. all they'll here is a dull rumbling sound and then... well you get the picture.

when i came up with the name, i imagined that one of the things the military wanted the bike to be able to do was to hit small pockets of enemy troops in quick, hard ambushes. during the development process these became known as "scrambles" and the bike acquired the name "Scrambler". of course i was like 16-17 when i came up with that, and i'd just started dabbling in screenwriting so there you go.

I'll compromise.

Bat-crotch scrambler

yes, for small pockets of enemy troops. you can still use airstrikes, but save those for larger targets. plus, if you think about it, a bike with as much firepower as that can do almost the same amount damage, if not more, as about 3-5 footsoldiers without risking that same amount. furthermore, the enemy won't know whats coming until it's too late. all they'll here is a dull rumbling sound and then... well you get the picture.
have you never heard of a predator drone or smart bombs? i take it you weren't alive or you are too young to remember the Gulf War. maybe too young to have paid attention to our action in Afghanistan in 2001. i think you just like to say "small pockets".

All 3 of those sound gay. Just don't even name the ****ing thing. Just have Lucius go, "I'm building you a motorcycle. I'm guessing you could put it to good use" or something like that.

Bat-Pod. Scrambler sounds like an egg dish.

have you never heard of a predator drone or smart bombs? i take it you weren't alive or you are too young to remember the Gulf War. maybe too young to have paid attention to our action in Afghanistan in 2001. i think you just like to say "small pockets".

i was about 4 or 5 during GW1 and i do remember Afghanistan. i'm not trying to be rude to you, Mysterio, so i hope you show the same courtesy. I'm simply defending my argument (although "Rumbler" is growing on me, I won't deny it).

since you mentioned drones and smart bombs, you've given me another opportunity to defend my argument, so feel free to counter (civily though):

In Begins, Wayne notices the Tumbler shoved in a back corner covered with a tarp--our first clue that this thing has been around since at least Bruce left for his sojourn seven years prior. While some may immediately think "then the Tumbler's only been around since '98", we get more clues when Fox gives Bruce a little history lesson about the Tumbler, there are clues in both the physical design of the Tumbler and in Fox's dialogue that tell us not only why the Tumbler was developed, but when. The most obvious clue is that "she was built as a bridging vehicle. During combat, two of these would jump over a river, towing cables."

Ok, well there are a lot of places that have rivers where this could work. But let's look at the Tumbler's design: a relatively low, wide and somewhat stocky chassis that stays low to the ground, and is outfitted with not two but four large, heavy-duty tires that look like they belong on a 737 (an exageration, but you get the point).

Because of the way that the Tumbler is designed, this kind of vehicle just wouldn't work in a heavily forrested area: it's too wide, and the wheels are too big. Furthermore, while there are rivers in forests, the terrain is simply too closed in to allow the Tumbler to attain the speed it needs to jump a river.

The only answer was that the Tumbler was designed specifically for desert warfare. And with your remark about smart bombs, you just solved the riddle of the Scrambler (or Pod). Yes, while we did have smart bombs back in the Gulf War, the technology wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now. And why waste a multi-million dollar heat-seeking missile to take out an enemy soldier with a shoulder-RPG (a huge threat to fighter jets by the way, especially when it's a particularly windy day in the desert), when you can send in a highly-trained soldier riding a high-speed, all-terrain, combat-grade motorcycle that can both take them out as fast and as hard as any missile, without wasting a missile that could be used to take out a much more critical target like a weapons' facility, or a more tactical target like a power grid?

Plus, they would have no defense against the Scrambler (or Pod, whichever you prefer), since a) They were aiming for and anticipating fire from the jet fighter passing overhead and b) Even if they were able to take a shot at the Scrambler, all the soldier has to do is lean to the side. The enemy won't have any time to reload, so either they let the bike kill them, or they run for it.

By the way Mysterio, thanks for making me actually work do defend my idea.

names are too gimmicky. it's understandable for the military to require name for their hybrid tank vehicles aka the tumblers due to differentiate between the many models they have. batman doesn't have nearly as many vehicles. i don't think a specific name is required. simply 'the bike' is as complicated of a name as it needs to be.

I think you're taking this a little bit too seriously, as if this is a real vehicle. If something has a name, it has a name. you have to think that they still have to see toys of this thing too, and that this is, after all, a fantasy/comic book movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"