Scream 6

Wow Kevin Williams is directing too. I didn't expect that honestly. I have to say, I am excited. Cautiously.

This is something that normally would have made me feel so pumped, but I can't help but still feel deflated. Seems like a hollow attempt to dig themselves out of the whole they created with everything that went down with "Scream 7" recently. Announcing this and ALSO that Melissa was returning would change everything.

Yeah, this would probably be the only noteworthy move that would get somewhat positive attention back on the film, but the whole situation with Melissa Barrera will always leave a negative imprint on this film, no matter how well it's received.

It was obvious Neve would be back, that's the only way to bring *some* goodwill into this situation. I hope they paid themselves sick. Kevin Williamson directing sounds cool on paper, but this is his second directing gig, following Teaching Mrs. Tingle, a critical and commercial failure. Odd that he's not writing the movie as well.

I'm disappointed that she's agreeing to this because the alternative probably would have been Spyglass selling the rights and thus paving the way for a proper Scream VII with Neve, Barrera and Ortega.

Can’t say I’m excited for this news because it just speaks to how desperate they are at this point. Williamson directing this is even more troubling since he has virtually no experience and seems better suited to just write the thing.

I’m so glad Neve is back and that she got the payday she asked for. I never really warmed up to the new cast members like Barrera or Ortega so I’m fine with them not being there.

I get some folks are wary about Williamson directing but remember how people were wary of the Russo Brothers directing a Marvel film back in 2013?

I'm disappointed that she's agreeing to this because the alternative probably would have been Spyglass selling the rights and thus paving the way for a proper Scream VII with Neve, Barrera and Ortega.
I really hope that's what she means and not to just give her a decent money offer this time around.
I figured it was the latter.

I get some folks are wary about Williamson directing but remember how people were wary of the Russo Brothers directing a Marvel film back in 2013?
Apples and oranges. It doesn't matter who's directing, it's the principle of the thing. Even putting how Barrera was let go aside, you're still left with a huge hole by having two major characters absent here, one of whom was the main character of the previous two films.

If spyglass really wanted to do things 100% right, they'd call Melissa and Apologize to her and try to get her back in.

Probably the only reason they're even able to pay Neve want she wants is because Melissa and Jenna are gone.
Yup.

On one hand have Sidney back and Williamson has me hyped, but on the other I still feel so bad for Melissa. How do they explain the absence of the sisters?

Can't fault Neve for finally getting paid what she's worth. Not too intrigued about Sidney's story continuing, I've been behind the New Nightmare approach instead.

Cool to see Kevin stepping into the director's chair. If anyone were to fill Wes's shoes, it's him.

My guess is that their chararacters will be brutally butchered between movies. :DV: I ain't kidding.

Yup.

On one hand have Sidney back and Williamson has me hyped, but on the other I still feel so bad for Melissa. How do they explain the absence of the sisters?

The same way they explained Sidney's absence in Scream 6: with a throwaway line of dialogue.

I’m so glad Neve is back and that she got the payday she asked for. I never really warmed up to the new cast members like Barrera or Ortega so I’m fine with them not being there.

The difference is that the Russos at least had good episodes of Community under their belt, plus being recommended to Marvel by Steven Soderbergh helped, even with having something like You, Me, and Dupree on their resume.

Also, regardless of what people thought about them directing at the time, Winter Soldier wasn't plagued with controversy surrounding a studio getting rid of its lead over their political views posted online.

Wow. Gonna need a minute to process this. I'm happy for Williamson to get the opportunity. Not so happy that the absence of Melissa/Jenna isn't being addressed. A lot of mixed feelings.

Also guys, don't shoot the messenger. "Written by Guy Busick". It is common knowledge that Guy was the Stu-believer of the creative team. James, Matt and Tyler have all openly talked about it.

This is gonna be a last ditch, hail mary, Stu vs. Sidney final round movie, mark my words. Again, this isn't me fan theorizing, this is just acknowledging what's staring us right in the face. I think it's likely happening whether people want it or not (and where else do they even have to go at this point?). So get ready.

Is this going to be when Sidney finds out her husband is John Carver and he battles Ghostface.

Regardless of all I've said, you know I'll be there opening night.

This is gonna be a last ditch hail mary, Stu vs. Sidney final round movie, mark my words. Again, this isn't me fan theorizing, this is just acknowledging what's staring us right in the face. It's happening, so get ready.

Man, that would be so lame and desperate.

Wow. Gonna need a minute to process this. I'm happy for Williamson to get the opportunity. Not so happy that the absence of Melissa/Jenna isn't being addressed. A lot of mixed feelings.

Also guys, don't shoot the messenger. "Written by Guy Busick". It is common knowledge that Guy was the Stu-believer of the creative team. James, Matt and Tyler have all openly talked about it.

This is gonna be a last ditch, hail mary, Stu vs. Sidney final round movie, mark my words. Again, this isn't me fan theorizing, this is just acknowledging what's staring us right in the face. I think it's likely happening whether people want it or not (and where else do they even have to go at this point?). So get ready.
I refrained from saying this but I agree. They're gonna tie scream 7 back to the first film and attempt to put a bow on the franchise. Stu seems like the obvious answer in all of this.

I will say, I'm really happy Kevin Williamson is getting to direct. It's a full circle moment for him.
All we can do now is hope for a satisfying Scream film.

I’d be excited in any other situation but I just feel bummed for multitud of reasons y’all had mentioned. They were going somewhere really interesting and instead they’re bringing back Neve and Kevin for big damage control rather than seemingly and truly caring about the story. Fan service a bit on the nose, as much as I love Neve. Wouldn’t be surprised they bring Stu back at this point.

Can’t say I’ll support this after how Spyglass treated Melissa and for the reasons therein. Just can’t be excited for this. Good for Neve, I guess.

Yawn about Sidney returning. I'm sorry but her character feels so spent. She was bored of Ghostface in 5. She'll be practically catatonic this time around.

Very unfortunate about Melissa and Jenna. I wasn't a fan of the whole Billy's daughter thing but Melissa deserved to be treated so much better than she was by Spyglass. It stinks that it ended for her this way.

Only thing I like about this is Williamson's involvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"