Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 1 "Soul Brother #1"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 1 of Season 2, "Soul Brother #1" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

A number of characters and groups from the Luke Cage comics got referenced or appeared
The Rivals, The Diablos, piranha jones and Cockroach Hamilton

Glad the whole Judas bullet vulnerability was revolved

Bushmaster knifing that Yardies eyes was brutal

Last edited:
For anyone who didn't notice that scene in which Bushmaster sliced the guy's eyes was directed by none other than Kill Bill's Lucy Liu.

Ok so I was kinda of turned off by the ads showing Luke with a different personality. Maybe it’s the point? Like he’s a corny dude trying to come off as hard/cool.

I was confused about the Judas bullet scene not knowing that was the ammo the dude was using.

I forgot Reg E. Cathey was in this so it was a nice surprise to see him.

Dude talking to Mariah and Shades about plastics... hasn’t seen him in a while.

Did someone steal Misty’s groceries?

Well, one thing certainly hasn't changed. The music in this show is just yummy. :ilv:

For anyone who didn't notice that scene in which Bushmaster sliced the guy's eyes was directed by none other than Kill Bill's Lucy Liu.

Well done. This was her directorial debut I believe.

Finally got around to watching this...fell asleep. I think what did me in was the stuff with Shades and ...I cant even be bothered to remember her name. Seeing them just served as a reminder of what a stupid move season 1 made midway through. I hope they kill these characters/storyline soon.

Woke up and there was some cornball bad guy that sliced some dude's eyes out (which was cool...but again...the guy otherwise came off more cheesy like the second half villain of season 1, rather than cool like Cottonmouth).

I'm not going to rewatch this episode to see what I missed. I'll get around to watching the rest of the season when I have some free time over the next few days.

Just a 5/10 for the opening from me.

Just felt super slow and anytime any sort of momentum got going in the episode they cut to something else.

Looking forward to getting more in to it as Mustafa Shakir's character seems great and I just get the feeling he is a very good actor.

All and all a let down of a beginning but im hoping this show picks up speed in episode or two.

I dont know if there's any reggae lovers around here but did anyone else but me smile with the Gregory Isaacs song they played at the end? "Night Nurse." It was so perfect lol

You start the season with Mobb Deep Shook Ones II, I am all in

I'm a week late compared to everyone else, which makes this tricky. Having written the first night every other time, I know it's weird being late. Everyone else is wondering why he's saying that when it's clear what happens later. Still, I'm going to do my best to watch without spoilers and comment as I go. So, Harlem Cocktail in hand, here's my best.

A couple random thoughts: I thought the fight correography has improved. I don't like Luke's dad. Shades and Mariah - ewwww. I thought Misty had a nice little arc - she was done, saw Cockroach got released, and decided to go back to being a cop. Speaking of Cockroach - it's always good to see a comics character even if he's changed. In the comics, he's just a guy with a big shotgun. There's also a reference to Glenn Industries, which is a Daredevil thing. I thought Bushmaster had a great first appearance. It started subtely, but it built. Since the Jamaicans were already established, he comes in seemlessly.

The big addition is the Hero for Hire debate. I've definitely heard the suggestion that the idea of the amateur, volunteer hero is one of privilege. You have to basically be independently wealthy to afford to be a hero for free and there's no shame in getting paid to do it. I'm glad they're exploring this issue because it's worth exploring.

Four and a Half Stars.

Does anyone ever think that Rosario Dawson reminds them of Famke Janssen? There's something a bit similar about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"