Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 13 "They Reminisce Over You"

Depending on their ratings/metrics, I wouldn't be surprised if they (after LC & IF has their 3rd seasons) condensed Luke and Iron Fist into one "Heroes for Hire" show.

I doubt IF gets a 3rd season. But they will do a Heroes for Hire.

Why not just do the next event miniseries as Heroes for Hire?

So the first one was Defenders. Make the next one Heroes for Hire.

Wow. I did not expect this episode to go the way it did. There was a lot packed into it and it used its time well. I thought at first it felt like a sneak peek of season three with Mariah in prison and war on the streets. By the end, everything was wiped clean. There were definitely some shades of the Godfather, explicitly in the scene with the scene with Misty as the door was closing.

I'm curious where they'll go from here. Obviously, they set up a pretty big status quo change with Luke Cage, but Tilda Johnson is still out there and can make an impact next season. I'm glad they ended Bushmaster's story without killing the character, but it feels his arc has been resolved.

Five Stars.

I really, really liked this season. I would put it up there with the best seasons of Marvel's Netflix shows. There's such a strong sense of style, such a great realization of a setting. It felt like a sprawling crime epic and pulled it off better and more consistently than Season 1. Satisfying arcs for all the characters, especially Luke. Can't wait to see where he goes next.

After Tilda kissed Mariah on the lips am I the only one who think "OMG they're going to pull a Myrcella being poisoned by a kiss thing"? Like, I can't think of any other reason someone would kiss their mother on the lips like that.
It was the first thing that came to my mind as well. :p

Well, the more I think about, the more I'm not crazy about how this ended. Luke Cage is a criminal now? He has to be to take over for Mariah and I'm struggling with the idea of him selling drugs and guns. :(

I don't think he'll sell drugs and guns, but I do think he'll meet with those who are to make sure they deal with their issues and don't enter Harlem.

That makes more sense but they weren't clear. I don't know that running the club alone would make enough money, unless that's where Heroes for Hire comes in.

That makes more sense but they weren't clear. I don't know that running the club alone would make enough money, unless that's where Heroes for Hire comes in.

No, the club is very profitable, he'll have more than enough money. The point of the ending is that he's acting like a mob boss, using force to control his territory. But instead of using it to make money through criminal enterprises he's using it to keep organized crime out. He made deal with crime lords saying basically "you stay out of Harlem and I won't mess up your business". There will still be crime in Harlem just not from organized crime families.

He compromised to end a gang war over the power vacuum left by Mariah. The season ends with him compromising morals to protect Harlem and leave us for season 3 to wonder how much more he'll have to compromise to maintain this peace or if he'll give into the temptation and power. It's a slippery slope.

Hopefully that makes things more clear.

Really interesting and bold way to end the season. The Godfather parallels are obvious, but I think they also drew some influence from The Dark Knight. Here we have the hero essentially becoming the villain in the eyes of some people so that he can keep the city safe. Really intrigued to see where they go next. I don’t see Heroes for Hire coming about after this though. That wouldn’t make sense. But I would like to see more Luke/Danny team-ups... they finally found a way to make Danny likeable! Hooray!

Also, I’m 99% sure that Annabella Sciorra’s house in this episode was the same house that Darlene takes over in season 2 of Mr. Robot. Anyone else catch that?

Also... Annabella Sciorra could GET IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"