Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 6 "The Basement"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 6 of Season 2, "The Basement" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Nice reference to this in the beginning:

cagedoom.jpg

I was not expecting the Shades and Comanche reveal.

It explains why Comanche has been acting so salty towards Mariah

The guy playing Comanche is a sold actor for a former NFL player

Well, now we know why Comanche seemed a little jealous about Mariah. Hard to learn when you were simply a scratch to someone’s itch.

The May May moment made me laugh.

I was confused about Misty’s choice to quite the force.

The fight with Bushmaster reminded me of last season when Mariah named a number of ways they could’ve tried to kill Cage outside of just guns.

I don’t know about other viewers but I always like to watch shows and films with subtitles and captioning. So, it’s kinda amusing to see what they decide to translate when it comes to Patios. Anyone who’s been exposed to it or any other kind of broken English can know/infer what’s being said.

Last edited:
The Shades/Comanche scene was surprisingly touching. And it broke some ground in the MCU.

This was a jam-packed episode. The opening manhunt was very intense with the blue lights and car patrols. I also just love every time they explore Jamaican culture, it's a lot of fun. It's scary to think that one of the consequences of this whole thing is Immigration just deports all Jamaicans. There are consequences for others besides those directly involved.

One complaint, this is the third time they've explained Mariah's insider trading deal to someone. I mean, I get that Luke didn't hear it before, but we have and don't need to see it again.

The fight at the end was good. It was pretty reckless for Luke to make the deal (unless he had no intention of following through) since Bushmaster won once before. That being said, it looks like Luke could win in a fair fight. Still, I wonder if he will go to Danny to train him to fight better.

Five Stars.

The Shades/Comanche scene was surprisingly touching. And it broke some ground in the MCU.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise.

I didn't see that coming. Shame that it isn't going to end well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"