The Punisher Season 2, Episode 4 "Scar Tissue" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
The-Punisher-season-2-cast-700x300.jpg

EPISODE 4: "Scar Tissue"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

This episode felt it was moving the plot forward, but only dribbling it a little bit down the court. We got to see a lot more of Billy Russo and what's going on with him. I thought that was good. I don't get the doctor's attitude. She should at least be encouraging him to go back to the hospital, everything else aside. I'm glad to see Frank and the girl's plot is finally moving beyond the nonsense. There's also some nice thematic moments with the Punisher's own story.

Four Stars.

I can't get over these laughable scars, especially if he was really in as a bad a shape as Madani described. I mean, these are just one step above Jason Momoa sexy scars, lol. The doctor's a weird character, imo.

Still not feeling this Amy storyline.

I am really liking the Billy Russo stuff. They are giving his character quite a bit of depth and I have to give credit to Ben Barnes for being able to pull those scenes off. Dude definitely has some solid dramatic chops. Yeah the scars thing is weird considering how messed up he looked at the end of Season 1, but I'm getting use to it and I also think they are doing a good job of selling the psychological trauma of it so far. Can't say I'm buying his relationship with the doctor though and I have a feeling I know exactly where they are going with it.

So far it feels like Billy won’t be a villain unless writers allow him to have his memory fully back and if he decides to continue to be the bad guy. Just comes off as a victim of his mental state.

A real doctor would have Billy turn himself in.

I kinda like how Frank isn’t that famous/recognizable outside of the NY area.

Most of his crimes took place in New York so it is unlikely that Castle is very well known outside New York. I'm not sure if they even knew he killed those criminals from the opening episode of season 1 since everyone still thought he was dead at that point.

Russo's scars are weak given the reaction they seem to illicit in people. It's like doing Two face and having Harvey Dent have some minor rope burn on one side of his face yet people acting like he looks like his comic counterpart.

I feel like I'm the only one who has little sympathy for Billy. He had a rough upbringing but that isn't an excuse for him being a selfish murderous self centered jerk. Even post amnesia he violently beat the two guards and possibly murdered the bus jerk. The pedo guy kind of had it coming though.

I'm sorry, but Russo's face should look way worse than that... :p

This was a kinda blah episode to me. The Russo stuff is pretty good but I rather enjoyed Frank being out of NY, it was a nice change for the Netflix shows and makes me wish the whole season was set outside of the big city.

Unless the doctor has unprofessionally fallen for him her actions make no sense so far. And agreed on Russo’s face and the lightweight scars.

I'm just now getting into the season, I found it hard to start because I didn't want to accept the Netflix titles were getting canceled. I have to say I love what they're doing with Billy, they somehow made him incredibly sympathetic. I don't mind the light scars since that's what he'd most likely look like after so much time given the injuries. I like how it's far more psychological, he can't stand to be reminded of the guilt he feels for what he can't remember. They took what could have been a gimmicky villain and turned him into an antagonist that's so much more interesting.

I also love how they're handling Frank. After the final scene of the last season I thought it was brilliant to show him deal his issues in a positive way and I was curious how they were going to portray him. I like how he seems to have gotten past the death of his family to the point where Russo's escape doesn't seem to bother him on a personal level. I'm certain that will change but it's nice to see the character not use his past as a crutch or and excuse.

Also, yeah the doctor thing is incredibly stupid but I file that under "If everyone acted reasonable the story would be over"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"