The Punisher Season 2, Episode 2 "Fight or Flight" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
The-Punisher-season-2-cast-700x300.jpg

EPISODE 2: "Fight or Flight"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

I'm not a fan of the "man takes woman hostage using physical force and restraints, but its really for her own good" story that is done so often. Pretty distasteful.

And the girl seemingly intentionally making her own life more difficult was really annoying, and apparently was written that way solely to justify our hero kidnapping and restraining a young girl.

Also, not at all enjoying the cliche spouting villain.

Terrible episode...worst of either season thus far.

^ I mean, I don't disagree, but worst of the season thus far rings pretty hyperbolic when there are two episodes.

This episode was a bit slower, but the hunted storyline is continuing. They've gone from Michigan to Ohio, so I guess they're heading east. I know Frank is involved, but he would really be smarter just to let her go. If she doesn't want his help, he doesn't benefit from forcing her to let him help her. His actions are certainly not justified. Still, it led to some action scenes. By the end, it feels like it's setting up next episode to basically be some variant of the original Terminator with small town cops getting shot a lot.

The Russo stuff feels like it'll be a slow burn plot for a while. I'm not sure why the show had such as sinister tone for his doctor. She's trying to restore him to competency so he can stand trial. Seems reasonable to me.

Four Stars.

^ I mean, I don't disagree, but worst of the season thus far rings pretty hyperbolic when there are two episodes.

This episode was a bit slower, but the hunted storyline is continuing. They've gone from Michigan to Ohio, so I guess they're heading east. I know Frank is involved, but he would really be smarter just to let her go. If she doesn't want his help, he doesn't benefit from forcing her to let him help her. His actions are certainly not justified. Still, it led to some action scenes. By the end, it feels like it's setting up next episode to basically be some variant of the original Terminator with small town cops getting shot a lot.

The Russo stuff feels like it'll be a slow burn plot for a while. I'm not sure why the show had such as sinister tone for his doctor. She's trying to restore him to competency so he can stand trial. Seems reasonable to me.

Four Stars.

To be clear, I said worst episode of either season. So, worse than any episode of season 1 as well.

This is a trope that needs to go away.

I'm not a fan of the "man takes woman hostage using physical force and restraints, but its really for her own good" story that is done so often. Pretty distasteful.

And the girl seemingly intentionally making her own life more difficult was really annoying, and apparently was written that way solely to justify our hero kidnapping and restraining a young girl.

Also, not at all enjoying the cliche spouting villain.

Terrible episode...worst of either season thus far.
Yeah I'm not loving this storyline so far.

Yeah, Rachel is annoying. She clearly isn’t dumb and yet they make her an idiot when it comes to seeing how Frank is helping her.

Frank's kinda dumb too since it seems he’s just adding stress to his life when he could let her go.

The Pilgrim dude is creepy and I didn’t buy that he knew Beth was telling him all that she knew. Did I miss the part where “Pete” even gave her his last name?

But it was for her own good. If you're expecting progressive storytelling out of The Punisher of all things, I don't know what to tell you. He's done far worse to women in the comics. Frank Castle is not a good person.

Yeah, Rachel is annoying. She clearly isn’t dumb and yet they make her an idiot when it comes to seeing how Frank is helping her.

Frank's kinda dumb too since it seems he’s just adding stress to his life when he could let her go.

The Pilgrim dude is creepy and I didn’t buy that he knew Beth was telling him all that she knew. Did I miss the part where “Pete” even gave her his last name?
I never heard him give his last name either.....

I can understand why Frank won't let her go. The fact he helped Rachel made Frank a target as well. He now has people after him and Rachel won't tell him the truth of why these people are after her which means he doesn't have enough info to stop these people from coming after them. For a soldier like Frank intelligence is important and not knowing your enemy is important.

I can understand why Frank won't let her go. The fact he helped Rachel made Frank a target as well. He now has people after him and Rachel won't tell him the truth of why these people are after her which means he doesn't have enough info to stop these people from coming after them. For a soldier like Frank intelligence is important and not knowing your enemy is important.
True true.

Theoretically you could find an excuse in ANY of these Stockholm Swooning (or, Stockholm Father Daughter Feelings or whatever) movies or shows to justify why it's okay. I just think that it's a sad and lazy trope to use in 2018 (when this season was made).

Here's an interesting video on it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"