The Punisher Season 2, Episode 6 "Nakazat" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
The-Punisher-season-2-cast-700x300.jpg

EPISODE 6: "Nakazat"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

This episode was very strong. Each of the plots was strong and we got to figure out some of what's going to happen.

The Billy story definitely has shades of last season with vets and it also has shades of Bullseye. That being said, I like it a lot. Probably my biggest disappointment was that I took notes about how his relationship with the doctor wasn't apparently sexual and then had to cross that out. I liked Mahoney a lot here. He's an honest cop and I'd love to see him brought into the circle, but Punisher isn't Daredevil and I don't think he has to inherently trust him. Midani, likewise, doesn't have to believe he'd do the right thing if, in her mind, the right thing is trusting Frank Castle.

The Amy story had some really good moments this issue. If we think back to an episode or two ago, Amy was "playing with guns" (as Frank put it) in Midani's apartment. Now she's dealing with guns for real and realizing it's all serious. Likewise, when Frank said that this is what happens when you blackmail someone. She definitely didn't appreciate the gravity of the situation.
I loved the stuff with the Russian. There was a lot of ambiguity with Castle sparing him. I wonder if comics Castle would have done the same thing. The Schultz thing shows the odd politics of the show. Frank Castle is generally identified more with the right. His adversaries seem to be more left-wing. However, it still fits with the character because there's a blue collar thing with him vs. who he's facing. Anyway, it's an interesting take on the character that's complicated, to say the least.

Five Stars.

Frank not shooting that pedophile dead really bothered me. I know the girl talked him out of it, but that’s not Frank.

Frank would’ve taken the shot without hesitation. Him not killing the Russian guy was a little more understandable, but most iterations of the character still would have.

What is up with that shrink?! She is more messed up than the guys lol

Doctor really just throwing her whole career away, huh?

Was wondering how Billy gets a crew based on what I remember seeing in the trailers. I had imagine, he didn’t have much money to his name now. So, it was nice to get an answer.

The Russian stuff was cool to watch.

The Schultz family is so hypocritical, it’s funny.

I wonder if Pilgrim’s old Neo-Nazi/KKK background will lead to some more background info if Madani gets anything out from his DNA and fingerprints.

I know people make a lot of Billy's minor scars but the Billy and Curtis face to face really stood out as one of those moments in which it is possibly justified.

Billy - "Oh I think I've paid already."
dramatic mask lift, shows Billy's red pen scars in dimly lit parking garage and we the audience are supposed to act like he is horrifically mutilated.

Frank not shooting that pedophile dead really bothered me. I know the girl talked him out of it, but that’s not Frank.

Frank would’ve taken the shot without hesitation. Him not killing the Russian guy was a little more understandable, but most iterations of the character still would have.

I agree, one of the main reasons season 2 was so disappointing for me. Too many moments like that one where Frank just didnt do what we know he does as fans of the comics.

I understand why the Russians need those photos suppressed. America would never accept a gay president and it's embarrassing for the family. So, Russian businessman wants to own him (again, totally realistic given how politics works) but, and I'm only episode nine right now, how does this tie into the Preacher character? I'm still not clear on his motivation(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"