Iron Fist Season Two, Episode 7 "Morning of the Mindstorm"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Seven

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_6.jpg

As Danny steps up his training, Davos ramps up recruitment. Ward falls prey to old demons, and Misty butts heads with a captain.

I felt this was a bit step down, but still quite good. Both Mary giving up and Danny asking Colleen to train him were ultimately sad moments. The exploration of Mary is a Sokovian prison was very cool (hey, name drop!). My understanding is that DID often comes from traumatic experiences, so that would make sense. I wish Misty had recognized Colleen's crest because that would have been cool. There's still room this season to wrap that story up since it does seem intimately connected. I didn't quite catch the name of the Professor so I'm not sure if that's a reference. Likewise, I didn't catch the name of the city they said, but I suspect that's a real world reference.

Four Stars.

So what's Joy's plan here? Was she trying to help Danny there or...?

The idea of Davos wanting students is interesting.

Ward gonna be a daddy... will that go anywhere?

In some ways, it feels like Danny’s story so far is on equal footing. Like he doesn’t feeling like the “star” or lead character of the show.

Danny Rand is a selfish jerk. I'm not exactly sure how Colleen is supposed to train the greatest martial artist in the world around the fact that he has a broken leg, but whatever. The fact that he wanted the Iron Fist so bad that he was willing to give up his relationship and pressure her into doing it is pathetic.

I'm watching because it's Marvel...but if Danny is going to survive into the future, they MUST make some changes to his character.

BTW, every episode title this season is a comic book issue title, if I'm not mistaken. This one was a big giveaway. I saw the title and wondered if we might see Angar the Screamer. Then I realized it's a reference to Marvel Premiere #25, which featured Angar in it.

Can't Danny find someone else to train him? And why not enlist Luke Cage to help him fight Davos? He can take a punch from the iron fist.

Not sure what Joy is up to. Is she planning to steal the bowl back?

I thought Misty asked if there was room for one more at the dinner table and that she was going to eat with them. But they quickly forgot that. Once she had shown those photos she left without eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"