Sequels Seems like a SM4 is confirmed

Sentinel X

optical illusion
Reaction score
Also Tobey is open to joining the cast of SM4 again, so says this article. And at the bottom of the article Avi says SM4 will continue with or without Tobey anyhow.

Tobey Maguire, who reprises the role of Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Man 3, told SCI FI Wire in February that he remained open to a fourth film, with reservations. This despite earlier reports that the third Webslinger movie would be his last. Maguire is not contractually bound to do a fourth film.

"Well, it's possible that we make another movie," Maguire said in an interview. "It all depends on if there's a story worth telling. I feel very proud of the three movies that we've made. I feel like the stories all deserve to be told, and, you know, if they come up with a good movie, and the whole team wants to get back together, and we feel like we can make a good movie that's worth making, then I'm up for it."

His co-star, Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson), echoed the sentiment in a separate interview in February. And for her, it depended on whether or not writer/director Sam Raimi agreed to a fourth installment. "There's an openness at the end [of Spider-Man 3], which I like, but ... I feel like this is a trilogy unto itself," she said. "And I think if we venture into a fourth, it will be some time from now and in a new way. Because I don't think Sam can do that: continuing on this same course. I think he needs to venture as an artist and do other things; otherwise, none of us will have anything good to bring to the fourth. So I think we all need to venture out a little bit, and then maybe we'll come back together one day and do another one."

She added: "I would work with Sam on any movie he wanted to work on it with me, because I just adore that man."

For his part, Raimi hasn't said one way or another whether he'd do another movie. Producer Avi Arad has been quoted as saying he'd move ahead with a fourth Spider-Man with or without Maguire. Spider-Man 3 opens May 4

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=40891

Well, they did already hire David Koepp (the screenwriter of the first Spider-Man movie) to come back to write Spider-Man 4. So, the movie will happen. Probably not for another 3 or 4 years though. Will Raimi, Tobey, & Kirsten be back? I'm not getting my hopes up.

Here's the original article. I thought I heard later that he had signed on, but I could be wrong. He's at least in talks to come back...

Superhero Hype! has learned exclusively from a very reliable source that Spider-Man screenwriter David Koepp is in talks with Sony Pictures to write Spider-Man 4!

Our source tells us that the studio is really excited about Spider-Man 3 after having seen a first cut of the movie. Add to that the phenomenal reaction to the screenings of footage at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in
Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and the momentum leading up to this point from last summer's Comic-Con, which have sparked the studio to approach Koepp about penning the fourth film's screenplay.

Koepp is not signed yet, but the studio is definitely moving forward with another installment.

Keopp recently finished the script for Indiana Jones 4 which received the green light from George Lucas,
Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford. Besides the first Spider-Man movie, he has written such blockbusters as War of the Worlds, Jurassic Park, Panic Room, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Mission: Impossible and Carlito's Way.

The first two "Spider-Man"
films earned $1.6 billion dollars total worldwide. Spider-Man 3 kicks-off the summer on May 4.

Here's the link if you wish to see for yourself: http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=5111

Everyone just pray to God real hard that Sam and everyone comes back to do a fourth movie as I just hate it when they replace actors, especially since I can't imagine anybody else as Peter Parker/Spidey besides Tobey

My idea: Norman comes back kills Gwen in classic fashion and throw in the Lizard as well. ta daaa!!!

Let me ask you all this... suppose Raimi, Tobey, Kirsten, etc. do not return for Spider-Man 4. Would you rather see a new director & cast continue on with the storyline Raimi has created? Or would you rather see a new director do a new storyline and put different spin on Spider-Man (eg. Superman Returns, Batman Begins type of thing).

I personally would hope that if they got a new director, that whoever it may be does something entirely different than what Raimi did. That way you don't have someone trying to copy or interpret someone else's idea... cause usually that ends up bad.

For me, it goes like this:

No Raimi - I'll see it, but I won't expect much.

No Tobey - I won't see it.

No Dunst - I'll be the first one in line for advance tickets!

I dont see why Raimi wouldnt direct 3 more movies for 2 simple reasons. One hes loved the character since he was a kid, hes never gonna loose interest in Spidey. And two, hes gonna get a big paycheck :D

For me, it goes like this:

No Raimi - I'll see it, but I won't expect much.

No Tobey - I won't see it.

No Dunst - I'll be the first one in line for advance tickets!
And what if both Tobey and Kirsten aren't in it? :cwink:

Either they are all gone... or they are all back... I think its 90% they are all gone

I have long thought this francise would continue with a 4 while they were still filming 3. It would be nice if Tobey and Raimi both came back seeing as the Lizard is still present and you would like to see the interaction of Tobey with Dylan Baker once he changes to the Lizard. Maybe things will get worked out if not they will certainly continue with new actors and a director regardless of what happens.

Either they are all gone... or they are all back... I think its 90% they are all gone

I agree with you on the fact that it's all or nothing. However, I'm willing to say there's a 65% chance they're all gone and a 35% chance they'll come back.

I will go with 75% chance they move on and 25% chance they do another. Will Sony fork over the doe?

I say the same team will make a fourth one, possibly ending the franchise.

D!

I have long thought this francise would continue with a 4 while they were still filming 3. It would be nice if Tobey and Raimi both came back seeing as the Lizard is still present and you would like to see the interaction of Tobey with Dylan Baker once he changes to the Lizard. Maybe things will get worked out if not they will certainly continue with new actors and a director regardless of what happens.

I think they through 4 and 5 should subtley add pieces to the sinister six, like for example, the first sequence in SM4 is him taking down the Rhino, then one of the 3 main bad guys...i.e Lizard equals=Harry, Carnage=Venom....Shocker is like the Sandman type, with like say the size of the roles switched with the Lizard, so then you have two of them, you already have Doc Ock, and Sandman...so like SM5 is like Mysterio (hopefully established in SM3 just a tad bit), and Vulture the two main bad guys...and maybe a spiderslayer...and in both movies of the Sinister Six Trilogy there are shades of King Pin, he unleashing Rhino, hiring Shocker, in a billionre war with Vulutres alter ego (can't remember his name off the top of my head)...and in SM6 he offers them a deal to work as a team

like for example, the first sequence in SM4 is him taking down the Rhino,

When have they ever done that? Find me ONE TIME that the Spider-Man movies (or any comic book movie) has introduced a villain for ONE FIGHT without any backstory.

When have they ever done that? Find me ONE TIME that the Spider-Man movies (or any comic book movie) has introduced a villain for ONE FIGHT without any backstory.

You have a problem with it why?? Rhino is one of flattest characters in all of comic books to give him any more than 10 minutes unless he is part of the sinister six would be a waste of time....and also its forshadowing what is to come, Spiderman has villains mounting up all over the place, Rhino is one of them, his adversaries are growing, he needs to make more allies etc

You have a problem with it why?? Rhino is one of flattest characters in all of comic books to give him any more than 10 minutes unless he is part of the sinister six would be a waste of time....and also its forshadowing what is to come, Spiderman has villains mounting up all over the place, Rhino is one of them, his adversaries are growing, he needs to make more allies etc

All the villains have to connect to Peter on a personal note otherwise the movie would just be too different from the others and in otherwords ****

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"