• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shark Night 3D

Sharks normally don't like to attack humans. We're too much bones with not enough fat and meat.

I agree. But if food is scare and sharks are hungry,they will eat a human.

I was going to see this earlier but I had a cash shortage, so I may go see it next weekend instead along with Apollo 18.

Totally harmless and pretty much forgettable. I had serious concerns during the opening (which lazily copycats the opening of JAWS for what has to be the billionth time) but I appreciated that soon after the filmmakers attempted to mash my two favourite sub-genres together: shark thriller and white trash redneck horror.

Unfortunately, David R. Ellis again fails to deliver on what is - on paper - a pretty fun concept. The violence isn't quite as subdued as I expected - there's lots of blood in the water - but it still feels too brief and impact-free. It's frankly impossible to accomplish anything impressive in either sub-genre without a certain sick, deranged sense of playfulness. The PG-13 kills that necessary edge. I really enjoyed the ludicrous reasoning behind why the sharks have taken up residence in the lake, but it's never exploited to its maximum blood-letting potential. It's a cool, demented idea grafted onto a fairly generic lite teen slasher film.

The actors playing the kids are pretty much straight out of Ellis' THE FINAL DESTINATION. Boring. I did like Chris Carmack as the lead *****y redneck bully but, again, the twisted potential of his character is squandered in the name of a teen-friendly rating. Donal Logue is also pretty fun, although when is he not? It's also hard to dislike Sinqua Walls' character, who makes a series of decisions so illogically dumb that it's hard not be fascinated by him.

The 3D is pretty much non-existent, except for a handul of underwater shots and a couple explosions. Once again, Ellis stumbles on the 3D (Why does this guy keep getting work, again?). He also can't stage a climactic jump scare to save his ****ing life.

Oh, and the post-credits stuff is so stunningly awful and laugh-free it's almost worth waiting for. It's basically a terrible YouTube video you wouldn't watch for more than 6 seconds at home.

In the past I might've given this a soft pass, but coming one year after PIRANHA 3D this movie just doesn't justify its existence.

Totally harmless and pretty much forgettable. I had serious concerns during the opening (which lazily copycats the opening of JAWS for what has to be the billionth time) but I appreciated that soon after the filmmakers attempted to mash my two favourite sub-genres together: shark thriller and white trash redneck horror.

Unfortunately, David R. Ellis again fails to deliver on what is - on paper - a pretty fun concept. The violence isn't quite as subdued as I expected - there's lots of blood in the water - but it still feels too brief and impact-free. It's frankly impossible to accomplish anything impressive in either sub-genre without a certain sick, deranged sense of playfulness. The PG-13 kills that necessary edge. I really enjoyed the ludicrous reasoning behind why the sharks have taken up residence in the lake, but it's never exploited to its maximum blood-letting potential. It's a cool, demented idea grafted onto a fairly generic lite teen slasher film.

The actors playing the kids are pretty much straight out of Ellis' THE FINAL DESTINATION. Boring. I did like Chris Carmack as the lead *****y redneck bully but, again, the twisted potential of his character is squandered in the name of a teen-friendly rating. Donal Logue is also pretty fun, although when is he not? It's also hard to dislike Sinqua Walls' character, who makes a series of decisions so illogically dumb that it's hard not be fascinated by him.

The 3D is pretty much non-existent, except for a handul of underwater shots and a couple explosions. Once again, Ellis stumbles on the 3D (Why does this guy keep getting work, again?). He also can't stage a climactic jump scare to save his ****ing life.

Oh, and the post-credits stuff is so stunningly awful and laugh-free it's almost worth waiting for. It's basically a terrible YouTube video you wouldn't watch for more than 6 seconds at home.

In the past I might've given this a soft pass, but coming one year after PIRANHA 3D this movie just doesn't justify its existence.
I for the most part agree. To me it was just a popcorn flick nothing more nothing less. I actually thought it was entertaining for what it was, and it was a worthy effort. I think there could of been more suspense to it, and an explanation why the sharks where that super aggressive.
The acting was kindof weak,but I wasn't expecting an acadamy award performance neither. Some of the deaths where good,some weren't. I also was kindof disappointed,[BLACKOUT] NO Boobies[/BLACKOUT], I'd figure there would be some in this type of genre movie,:woot:.
Overall, it was an decent movie, not sure the 3D was worth it, but /shrug.

I have yet to see it,but the reviews you guys give don't surprise me. This is a movie,like Piranha 3D,that should have fun with the subject matter. From what I've read,they took it too seriously.

The fact that this was PG13 should've been a big warning sign. It's like a slasher flick that's PG13.

Catherine McPhee was the only reason I saw this movie.
She was on American Idol.
She was the one with the tattoos.

Last edited:
Catherine McPhee was the only reason I saw this movie.
She was on American Idol.
She was the one with the tattoos.

Does she get eaten? If only it had been R-Rated then maybe she would have shown her Ta Ta's but it will probably get an unrated cut on DVD & Bluray anyways but seeing her or anyones ta ta's isn't guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"