SHH! Survivor 31: Oscar Night - Best Picture

If the jury wants to announce who they voted for, they may. Not my place.

i like how JewHob did his rant to help me and didn't even vote for me haha

I did it to help get you to the end. I never promised anyone a final vote so I came into it open minded and considered every aspect of the game. I feel that Byrd ended up playing a game more worthy of a win. Simple as that. I had nothing against your play, I just think your games were similar enough and it came down to his major risk versus your challenge wins. I decided that the major risk deserved the win more than challenges won... though I can't even say it's by much. I honestly didn't know how to vote until last minute. I'm honestly surprised by how close it was.

And as I just PM'd Byrd... I didn't speak Jury with anyone. I was asked by a couple people but I didn't tell them who I was voting for. I wanted to leave the final votes up to each player uninfluenced.

If the jury wants to announce who they voted for, they may. Not my place.
Gotcha. :up:

And I also want to applaud CC for another outstanding performance in a Survivor. She was also very deserving.

I...seriously don't know what to say. I honestly thought CC had the better game and played better than I...but, ****...I'm just stunned.

A few folks I want to thank:

SF and Nirvana. Thanks to the two of you for running a heck of a game, I really enjoyed it and I had a blast. I look forward to taking part in a future game you two run.

JH for bringing me into his alliance...even though it didn't work out for him. I made it this far due to you. I admit it, I did ride your coattails for the majority of the game until I didn't need you...but I still had a great time with him and glad I got to know him. :up:

Thanks to UL for being part of the most dominating team in this game. CC and I took point most of the time in the challenges, but you tried your hardest and at least for me, you were straight up and loyal and true to your word.

Twy for being twy and being my closest friend and confidant in this game. When I wasn't sure if everyone was talking bull**** or not, Twy was the one person I could talk to straight up and discuss stuff.

Big thanks to Matt. After what he did to me in the last game, I got a fire in my gut and told myself I would come back in the next game and do my damndest to be sure I got to the finals and never, never, be used like that again. And I managed to do it, somehow. Thank you, sir. You were my Obi-Wan and you taught me what it took to be a Survivor winner.

Thanks to you, CC. Working on a team with you and UL was one of my favorite parts of his game. We worked well together and, as much as I enjoyed getting to know JH, I enjoyed getting to know you even more. Of all the stuff we went through, I'd like to think I at least made a new friend out of this game :up:

Also...big shout out to ETM. I assume you were the one who voted for me...but I still loves ya. :fhm::hrt:

*wrap it up music begins to play*

They're playing me off, but **** them! I won! So **** them! Thanks to anyone else I forgot!

Thanks for the props, Byrd :)

I think this game came out well. I like a lot of how my experiments with the formatting worked, and I definitely see a lot of strategy came about as a result of my hosting, so I call this game a major success and I am glad I could run this for you guys. At one point, I was not sure I'd have time for it, but I said screw it...I'll get less sleep and do it anyway! Well worth it!!!!

Thanks guys :hrt:

ComicChick, it would have been a sweep without me.

Want to hear the story of my vote? I actually voted yesterday from my ER bed. It was a head on collison at about 45 mph, I walked away with a fractured sternum. So freaking painful. My beloved MKZ died before paramedics arrived. It was no match for the GMC Yukon. Now I'm going to buy a Humvee.

But I cared enough and believed enough in your game to send in a vote with trembling hands. What's Nell's excuse?

Great game guys, and congratulations to Byrdie.

Want to hear the story of my vote? I actually voted yesterday from my ER bed. It was a head on collison at about 45 mph, I walked away with a fractured sternum. So freaking painful. My beloved MKZ died before paramedics arrived. It was no match for the GMC Yukon. Now I'm going to buy a Humvee.

But I cared enough and believed enough in your game to send in a vote with trembling hands. What's Nell's excuse?

I...don't know what shocks me more. Your story...or the fact it was you, not ETM, who voted against me.

Congrats Byrd Man, you played a hell of a game. :applaud:

And not to steal his thunder, but I want to thank all of you who participated in the game and SF for allowing me to co-host my first game. He's a great friend, mentor and collaborator and I'm really glad it was with him.

Side notes, we had a lot of other great Oscar theme challenges that never made it into the game...some being Best Short Story, Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, In Memorandum and other that never materialized, but it was a fun first time adventure for me, even if I ****ed up a few times here and there. :oldrazz: I have an idea for another game I'd like to host that is in the early stages and I definitely plan to participate next game as a player. :up:

Congrats Byrd Man, you played a hell of a game. :applaud:

And not to steal his thunder, but I want to thank all of you who participated in the game and SF for allowing me to co-host my first game. He's a great friend, mentor and collaborator and I'm really glad it was with him.

Side notes, we had a lot of other great Oscar theme challenges that never made it into the game...some being Best Short Story, Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, In Memorandum and other that never materialized, but it was a fun first time adventure for me, even if I ****ed up a few times here and there. :oldrazz: I have an idea for another game I'd like to host that is in the early stages and I definitely plan to participate next game as a player. :up:

The memorial challenge was going to anger so many people...sigh :csad:

But, you did a great job man! I gave you wings to fly without smothering you, and you started learning pretty quickly! Glad I hosted this game with you man! I think next game, you'll have this down :)

By the way, I'm calling my game for early 2013. :oldrazz:

Bedtime for me now. Night guys, and congrats Byrd Man once again! :)

:fhm: Byrd, I already told you everything I have to say via text. I am super proud of you.

I texted Shlee, SF, and Cori the results and if it makes you feel any better Cori's reply was "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and she refuses to congratulate you because your head is supah inflated already.

CC, if you'd been up against anyone else I would have voted for you. You played a great game and if I ever play again I hope we can be on a team and crush people (namely, men). Even though I pretty much promised my vote to Byrd, when it came to actually voting it was really hard for me to cast the final vote, you both played a really great game. SpiFa literally dragged it from me, I hated to have to pick one of you over the other.

*grumble grumble grumble* Congrats Byrd *grumble grumble grumble*

Oh god , that's awful . I'm glad your alright man.

Last edited:
I...seriously don't know what to say. I honestly thought CC had the better game and played better than I...but, ****...I'm just stunned.

I think you played a respectable game and did what you needed to advance to the finals. I really didn't know if the other jury members were going to vote in your favor , so I'm a little surprised myself but that's a good thing . Not to take anything away from ComicChick , she played great as well. Congrats Byrd Man !!

Last edited:

i hope youre ok!

that's some survivor dedication, in life and in this game :up:

Congrats on the win Byrd. I'm so glad that if I didn't win, at least one of my allies won. That's still a win in my book. You were a great player and great teammate :up:

Thanks to SF and Nirvana for hosting. Thanks to Kal for guesting and helping out. Thanks to the judges whoever you were. Feel free to come forth :)

Big thanks to Pickles for singing for us in the Song challenge. Thank you to Erzengel for the singlehandedly helping me win the score challenge. Couldn't have done it without your help. Thanks to Kane for all the graphics and grids galore!

Thanks to my allies, opponents and everyone in between for playing and thanks to the fans at home, yall :)

Anything for you CC. :)

I liked that challenge. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to play again if only one day. :up:

Congrats Byrd!

Welcome to the Winners list. You played a wonderful game. :up:

Great job making it this far CC. I had you the hands down favorite to win it from the beginning. So close! You are a Hell of a player and will certainly win again eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"