Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan/Advancing Titans

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
Nakashima preps 'Advancing Titans' - Kawamura, Ishida to produce sci-fi actioner
Mark Schilling said:
Helmer Tetsuya Nakashima plus producers Genki Kawamura and Yuji Ishida are set to make sci-fi actioner "Shingeki no kyojin" (Advancing Titans), based on a hit comicbook series.

The trio last teamed for 2010's "Confessions," a psycho-drama that earned $50 million and was selected as Japan's entry for the foreign language Oscar race.

"Titans" focuses on the survivors of an attack on Earth by human-devouring giants.

Hajime Isayama's six-comicbook series has sold 6.6 million copies since its launch in the Bessatsu Shonen Magazine in 2009.

Nakashima is still casting but plans to begin shooting in spring. Toho will release "Titans" in 2013.

Nakashima said that the pic, which will require extensive CGI, will be "the most expensive Japanese film ever," but did not name a figure. Hayao Miyazaki's "Ponyo" is reputedly the country's highest-budget film to date, coming in at $34 million in 2008.

From Anime News Network 2011-10-12:
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Manga to Get Film in Fall 2013

The email newsletter for Kodansha's Comic Plus members confirmed on Wednesday that a film adaptation of Hajime Isayama's Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) manga will open in Fall of 2013. More details will be provided in future postings of the newsletter.

Hajime Isayama launched Shingeki no Kyojin in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2009. The story follows the life of humans after giants suddenly appear and take over the entire world. To keep out these invaders who eat humans for food, the humans erect huge walls, but at the cost of their freedom in the outside world.

The manga has become a sleeper hit, selling over 3 million copies since last year. The fifth volume shipped in August.

The official website of Itako, a city north of Tokyo, posted an October 3 casting call for extras on the latest film by award-wining director Tetsuya Nakashima (Confessions, Kamikaze Girls, Paco and the Magical Picture Book). According to the casting call, the crew is looking for 80 "healthy male and female" extras "to play people fleeing in panic from 'giants' who suddenly appear in a peaceful shopping district."

"Attack on Titan" Anime Cast Revealed
"Death Note" director Tetsuro Araki's Project "Attack" anime turns out to be "Attack on Titan" manga adaptation
Scott Green said:
As was widely speculated, Project "Attack" from Death Note/Highschool of the Dead director Tetsuro Araki and Production I.G subsidiary Studio Wit has turned out to be the adaptation of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga. Beyond that, a new promo spread also reveals the principal cast.

The manga, released in North America by Kodansha, is an intricately detailed and disturbing manga concerning how a human society reacts to the sudden onslaught of voracious giants.

Must See "Attack on Titan" Anime Trailer
Scott Green said:
Wow... I'm not sure if this hype video will be indicative of the actual quality of Death Note/Highschool of the Dead director Tetsuro Araki and Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell) subsidiary Studio Wit's adaptation of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga. Still, you have to say that it looks quite impressive.

Keep an eye out for the show's Spring 2013 premiere.

The series is an intricately detailed and disturbing manga concerning how a human society reacts to the sudden onslaught of voracious giants. Kodansha began releasing it in North America this year.

Tetsuya Nakashima, who directed the nearly-Oscar-nominated adaptation of Confessions and the cult favorite adaptation of Kamikaze Girls, has a live action adaptation of Attack on Titan slated for fall 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzmOh4SuBc

This is going to be really good. I've been reading the manga for a year and I can honestly say it's one of the best out there right now. It avoids usual Shounen tropes with a very raw environment.

“Attack on Titan” Invades Movie Theaters: An Interview with Director Higuchi Shinji
A Global “Attack” Commences
When the serialization of Isayama Hajime’s manga Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) began in 2009, its outlandish premise of mysterious giants breaking through massive walls to prey on the last remnants of humanity terrified readers with its innovative approach to horror. Since then, over 50 million copies have been published around the world. A live-action film adaptation directed by Higuchi Shinji, who has blended Japanese tokusatsu-style physical special effects of the kind developed in movies such as the Godzilla series with the latest CG technology, brings its nightmarish vision to the screen with even more visceral and powerful imagery.

(Compiled from interviews carried out on July 21, 2015. Attack on Titan, the first half of the two-part film, opens on August 1, and the second, Attack on Titan: End of the World, follows on September 19.

The movie is making its rounds on the web now. I didn't think it was that good. I will wait to see the real version though, maybe something was left out. I thought the rurouni kenshin trilogy was way better, but this is just the first movie and comparing it to a trilogy is not really fair. Like I said I will wait and see the theatrical release to see if anything is different.

How long is it gonna take for the 2nd season to come out?

The movie is making its rounds on the web now. I didn't think it was that good. I will wait to see the real version though, maybe something was left out.

It's an interesting alternate take on the source material, but I HATED what they did to Mikasa's character.

How long is it gonna take for the 2nd season to come out?

They need to finish milking it out first.

But for real, they didn't expect the anime would became such a smash-hit, so they're taking their time adapting the rest of the manga, which still isn't finished. I've been hearing it will continue next year.

It's an interesting alternate take on the source material, but I HATED what they did to Mikasa's character.

Yeah I didn't like that either.

The titan's do seem a bit more horror in the live action. The look of some of the titans were just odd though, and not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"