First Avenger Should characters in "Captain America" smoke?

They should, but could have a problem. Weren't some anti-smoking people trying to keep Gen. Ross from smoking cigars in TIH? Ridiculous.

What's ridiculous?

Ridiculous is not showing a very common thing on the front lines in those days because it will offend the mommys and daddys.

Exactly!

People who think smoking should never be shown in any movies are your typical PC cry babies who are helping dumb things down and basically making Americans look like we can't think for ourselves.

The thread starter mentioned that showing smoking in movies is "bad" but it's the individual's right to choose. If someone starts smoking because they saw it in a movie or on TV...they're incredibly moronic.

I didn't vote on the poll because when it comes down to it, I don't care either way but I do lean towards showing smoking since it was heavily prominent in those times.

Last edited:
The following movie is rated R for violence, explicit cigarette smoking and alcohol drinking

THE RED SKULL SHOULD SMOKE!! A cigarette through a long filtered holder...
011708redskull.jpg

Agreed. But didn't the Skull use that also as a hidden weapon with some deadly red gas/mist/powder also? I'm really fuzzy on Cap stuff.

They should definitely smoke, I mean this is being set in a war isn't it? The two go hand-in-hand (at least from what I've seen in war movies)

I don't think that in the Captain America movies people should smoke.

I think they should be allowed to kill the enemy, to blast their heads, to machine-gun everything that moves. Show Capt- America gunning everything anti-American just to teach them a lesson or two.

But God, no smoking! Think of the children!

Sure, I would have liked to have seen Red Skull with the classic FDR-type cigarette and long filter but it's not like it was gonna make or break the movie for me.

Smoke or not, not my business....if captain america smoke is ok & healty because he's have superpower in fantasy....but if in reality u can get cancer or what is name....so don't to try it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"