First Avenger Should Hitler be in First Avenger: Captain America?

Keep the comic in but just call the sidekick Bucky. I think that Cap should have a soldier in his unit that is his buddy, that soldiers name: James Barnes. Because of their friendship, the other guys nickname him Bucky, the name of Caps sidekick in the propoganda comics

That might work. It'd be a little strange at first, but it'd certainly be doable.

Bucky should kill Hitler.

Think of how crazy it would be. The whole movie he's shown as the camp mascott but then on Cap's last mission for whatever reasons Bucky is there. The troops and Cap figure he's there to cheer the troops. But then he reveal himself to be an highly trained nasty little fella that enter the bunker and kill the Fureir. :woot:

In New Avengers recently, Bucky Cap admitted that he did actually kill hitler and he was there to do the dirty work that Captain America couldn't be seen to do (slitting sentries throats and such)

I'd like to see Hitler appear in stock footage with the skull gumped in. this could be shown at a briefing where Cap first learns of him. they could also mention people like Strucker, Zemo and Zola at the same time alluding to some secret cabal within the reich (the origins of Hydra?). Also i'd like a short scene where the skull is shown to be subservient to Hitler (like Vader/emporer hologram in Empire Strikes Back)

that would be nice to get some of those other cap villains thrown in there to lead to possibly seeing them some how down the road.

What I don't get is why a military unit would want a teenage boy around as a mascot. Does having a teenage boy around the camp really raise troop morale that much? If so, one might question if the reasons why are ethical. :dry:

It makes more sense for Bucky to just be a young soldier in his latter teens. Enlisting age is 17, so he could be as young as 17 or 18.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why a military unit would want a teenage boy around as a mascot. Does having a teenage boy around the camp really raise troop morale that much? If so, one might question if the reasons why are ethical. :dry:

It makes more sense for Bucky to just be a young soldier in his latter teens. Enlisting age is 17, so he could be as young as 17 or 18.
Well Bucky's dad worked at the camp, and when he died they sort of just let Bucky hang out there. It was the only family he had.

I don't care either way as long as it is well written and brings something to the story.

Still there have been a few films like this that have had periods in WWII. Hellboy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, X-Men and tons of war movies that all got the feel of that time across without ever showing Hitler. But hey, if a clever writer has a cool idea using Hitler... go for it.

yea i bet they will probably downplay the whole bucky/sidekick thing. And bucky will just be a very young solider who enlisted a young age.

I don't care either way as long as it is well written and brings something to the story.

Still there have been a few films like this that have had periods in WWII. Hellboy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, X-Men and tons of war movies that all got the feel of that time across without ever showing Hitler. But hey, if a clever writer has a cool idea using Hitler... go for it.

Hitler eventually showed up in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade

Hitler eventually showed up in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade

True but he was not in Raiders of the Lost Ark. ;)

The Indiana Jones saga had more than one movie that took place during WWII. That being the case they were looking to add a little oomph to it later on. Enter Hitler.

I would assume that no more than 1/4 - 1/3 of the movie will take place in WWII. If that is the case Cap has the luxury of going either way or adding him in later, in a sequel or in the Avengers movie as part of a flashback, dream sequence, memory scene…. whatever. Should they choose to explore that.

Like I said. I could care less as long as it is great.

I believe that Marvel came out and declared that the majority of this movie will take place during WWII... that being said... I would think that they would at least show Hitler in photos or movie reels or something.

yea i would think it would be nice touch there to see a scene with a hitler, or in news reels or something.

No hitler, but definitely mentions of him.

2q1ct50.jpg

James Payton

Role:Hitler
Film: Captain America: The First Avenger

http://www.uk.castingcallpro.com/view.php?uid=54527

So I wonder if he's Hitler Hitler... or if he's USO Cap-punching Hitler.

Either way, that's kind of a funny resume builder :cwink:

I don't think they need to mention Hitler in the movie or in the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"