Sequels Should the Vanilla team be retitled Uncanny X-Men or X-Treme X-Men?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
I mean, now that X-Force is coming out and there's also potential for X-Factor as well, regular old, "X-Men" might sound too plain. I mean, Uncanny X-Men or X-Treme X-Men both have a bit more flavor to them.

Let's assume that in the new timeline, Cyclops and Phoenix would theoretically be over with X-Factor and X-Force is confirmed to have Colossus now so my ideal roster would be Rogue, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Shadowcat and Iceman.

Last edited:
Uncanny should be used at some point. Plain old X-Men sounds alot better then X treme X Men. That sounds more like a kids cartoon.

Don't know if Kelsey and Alan would back for those makeups.

What did you mean by "Vanilla team", did you mean the "core team". I would rather see Fox split the X-Men into teams than making a new team with a name of X-Force or X-Factor.

X-Men Legacy
Wolverine
Cyclops
Rogue
Gambit
Psylocke
Beast
Jubilee
Forge

X-Men Forever
Storm
Jean Grey
Iceman
Angel
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Bishop
Shadowcat

Last edited:
X-Men Forever should never be a title. That comic was an abomination.

Don't know if Kelsey and Alan would back for those makeups.

Why not just keep Hoult? It's not like he'll be without makeup at this point in time. Then recast Cumming and have somebody new play Nightcrawler.

Yes, Uncanny X-Men should be used. But not until the reboot!

X-Men Forever should never be a title. That comic was an abomination.

Using "X-Men Forever" has nothing to do with the quality of X-Men Forever. Anyway, its more appealing than Uncanny X-Men and Xtreme X-Men. Uncanny sounds so old and Xtreme.... well it sounds a little funny.

Using "X-Men Forever" has nothing to do with the quality of X-Men Forever. Anyway, its more appealing than Uncanny X-Men and Xtreme X-Men. Uncanny sounds so old and Xtreme.... well it sounds a little funny.

I get what you're saying, and I get that Chris Claremont worked on all three series but X-Men Forever has such a horrible quality attached to it and doesn't remind viewers of the awesomeness of Claremont's earlier work. I doubt that Fox would want to have a title that would create negative hype.

X-Men Forever over Uncanny X-Men as a title? Hell no.

I get what you're saying, and I get that Chris Claremont worked on all three series but X-Men Forever has such a horrible quality attached to it and doesn't remind viewers of the awesomeness of Claremont's earlier work. I doubt that Fox would want to have a title that would create negative hype.

HUh? Tell that to Avengers using "Age of Ultron" in the title.

Mainstream viewers, won't care about reputation/reception of "X-Men Forever" in the comic industry. Especially if the movie is telling a new story.

X-Men Forever may be the lamest title I've ever heard. Forget any comic connections, you wanna avoid any comparison to the Batman film like the plague.

I could see Uncanny being used, but they might as well keep it simple and continue using the "X-Men: Subtitle" format for the time being.

They will probally contunie to use X-Men with subtitle for main X-Men films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"