Should there be a "pre-Batman beyond" BTAS with 'Bruce Wayne' Batman in the BB suit?

mano012sg

Civilian
Reaction score
Should they produce a 4th BTAS instalment to fill the gaps as Batman fights crime in the Batman Beyond suit, timed after the BTAS series and before the beginning of Batman beyond?

I am not sure at which point after the Justice LEague does he don the Batman Beyond suit, but Given the ultimate combination of Bruce Wayne and the suit...its a wonder, we don't see his adventures before he retires.

Also they ought to produce a series about Terry Mcginnis as Batman after Batman Beyond leading up to Epilogue.

No i don't think they should, Bruce looked stupid in that suit with his big build anyway. Also it would be taking away from the mystery element.

I would have like to perhaps see some sort of action that causes for people to think bruce wayne commited something and he's wanted by the league...

then he whips out his 'beyond suit' as a counter measure for such a scenario and ends up beating up the whole league while wearing it. He's cleared of his actions but vows never to join the league officially again.

then it'd obviously then become a suit to wear either normally or as he gets older to compensate for his age.

it need not be a series, merely a one off tale. However i do think they have far better one of stories to tell than that one. another rehash at batman villains for that era is again kinda dull, especially considering the joker may be dead by that point.

I think the era you're talking about would be best suited as an adaptation of the kind of ideas that The Dark Knight Returns had. Both would have been around the same age at that stage.

I guess it could be around the time the popular villains were defeated once and for all, with the exception of the Joker and Harley Quinn, who were dealt with in ROTJ, and Mr Freeze and Bane, who later return in Beyond.

I'd imagine the Near Apocolypse of '09 would have had an effect on the mood too... a lot must have happened around then.

We know Tim and Barbara both retired soon after ROTJ and Alfred must have died around then too, so I imagine Bruce becomes very alone at this point.

No i don't think they should, Bruce looked stupid in that suit with his big build anyway. Also it would be taking away from the mystery element.

don't get you about the mystery bit...please explain.

Is it that the old suit had the cape that cloaked it?
but the new suit had a full black mask and had its own stealth cloaking abilities, in addition to Bruce's own skills and experience in stealth and combat.

I would have like to perhaps see some sort of action that causes for people to think bruce wayne commited something and he's wanted by the league...

it need not be a series, merely a one off tale. However i do think they have far better one of stories to tell than that one. another rehash at batman villains for that era is again kinda dull, especially considering the joker may be dead by that point.

True...
but like you put it...you know...that few minutes of footage in "Reborn" that Bruce uses the suit...it self was cool. Since then I 've been wondering how he would have fought crime in that suit.

I think the era you're talking about would be best suited as an adaptation of the kind of ideas that The Dark Knight Returns had. Both would have been around the same age at that stage.

like what union_jack says...it could have happened...

what about trying ideas from both a possible return of some justice league threats or BTAS threats or common tech crime as an preview to the Batman beyond time frame.

I guess some of these threats would cause Bruce to use his new suit.

I am trying to think of ideas for adventures here (a new thought)...so maybe we could just start from coming up with some stories? similar to the "never ending batman story" thread idea.

it could be like our own preview of the potential BTAS IV...with him switching from the traditional suit to the new suit!!!

I'm not sure if there are any takers on building our own BTAS IV plot series...

But if there are, this is not like the other thread where you are limited...I welcome decent ideas....so you can put in anything from a word to a paragraph to add to the story. comments of course in parenthesis, i.e : '(), [], {}, ...' to differentiate.

I don't mean to offend anyone when I say decent ideas, because after watching BTAS, many of you know the 'serious standard' they set for stories. So you may have had ideas for those...this is my way of getting all of us to come up with something for BTAS IV, looking for good contiuity and ideas (not goofyness), to build up. Coz I know how good some of your ideas are on this forum...truly I enjoy them.

the basic flow could be:

the first few 'episodes':
1. the environmental background (Gotham city itself) that leads to the change in suit and vehicle etc...

then progress to:
2. Bruce's own reason for using the new suit

then we begin:
3. his adventures and stories in the suit.

Its probably going to take some time...but with so many contributors I beleive its goona be good results.:-)

I have 2 things to say.

First of all, if the original post is regarding the new direct to dvd series coming out, i dont think he should wear the BBynd suit considering that this series is NOT in continuty with the TAS timeline. This new animated series is to bridge the gap in between BB and TDK, so its not the same as the DCAU.

Second of all, I write alot of stuff and I'd be happy to write a few episodes of a fan-made TAS IV. I think its very possible that we could pull it off if we can get some good people who know how to use macromedia flash.

I'll start writing some episodes and ill post it in this thread, then we can modify it and work from there. Hows that sound?

No, I dont.

Actually, they touched on why he made the suit to begin with in both the cartoon series and in more detail in the comic book series. It was because of his health and age and the technelogical advances the "villains" were using.

they also hinted as to where he got some of the designs from...

mystery of the batwoman had some beyond looks in it with the red bat sign and the justice lord batman also had a more beyond style as well.

it would have been cool if justice lord bruce actually had the complete beyond suit and bruce took it off him and thats the one he started using when things got tough and terry got that suit from him.

Essentially, a tv series of the pre-beyond Bruce Wayne wouldn't work.

All it would be is a "fill in the gap" series. It would explain why Bruce needed the suit (old age was slowing him down), how Bruce Wayne lost control of his power to Derek Powers, and what happened to most of Bruce's rouges gallery.

For the most part, this series wouldn't be any different than B:TAS or the New adventures of batman.....except the writers would have the suit's gadgets to play around with and they could write about bruce's old age.

Greg

I have 2 things to say.

First of all, if the original post is regarding the new direct to dvd series coming out, i dont think he should wear the BBynd suit considering that this series is NOT in continuty with the TAS timeline. This new animated series is to bridge the gap in between BB and TDK, so its not the same as the DCAU.

Second of all, I write alot of stuff and I'd be happy to write a few episodes of a fan-made TAS IV. I think its very possible that we could pull it off if we can get some good people who know how to use macromedia flash.

I'll start writing some episodes and ill post it in this thread, then we can modify it and work from there. Hows that sound?

To answer your first question:

No. it's not intended to be from the new direct series what ever...
It's really fresh off my imagination and (a kinda) yearning to see Bruce Wayne in action with the beyond suit, before he hands it over to Terry in batman beyond. It would be a 'fill in the gap' seasons between post BTAS& late JLU to Batman Beyond (epilogue).

The basic premise is that given that now the various comics and animated series have cross overs...it would be no harm to include these as adventures that fill in the gaps.

If this turns out successful, maybe after this seasons' stories are established, we could actually have a cross-over with MArvel comic heroes and Capcom series etc.... It's not about comparing Batman to them, but also looking at how he works with them, or adding in his own research to take them down etc...as he did with his own DC teammates. But this is only a wish,,,to be determined later.

I agree with Union_Jac's comment, but with my comments in the reply as well, because I think it would be nice for Batman to start off in his new suit on a positve note, as an asset to the JLU then in opposition to them. Right?

The areas that concern me begin with:
1) The difference Batman in his capablities & Limits with the suit compared to before. best as 'realised' by Bruce himself.
2) How much more of an asset he is to himself and the JLU, on his adventures.
3) How his rogues (if possible, old and new) present themelves or adapt to match his capabilities.

---------------

As for you 2nd suggestion:

Man...go ahead...I can't wait to see/read thsoe adventures. Just remember...its to be BTAS kind of mature and serious or JLU kind. (as reference, check "making of BTAS" set of clips on you tube).

I'll fill in my bit of background (based on my reply in my previous posts) and stuff soon. coz it's unfair that I only pose qns and don't do some contrubution myself right?

Essentially, a tv series of the pre-beyond Bruce Wayne wouldn't work.

All it would be is a "fill in the gap" series. It would explain why Bruce needed the suit (old age was slowing him down), how Bruce Wayne lost control of his power to Derek Powers, and what happened to most of Bruce's rouges gallery.

For the most part, this series wouldn't be any different than B:TAS or the New adventures of batman.....except the writers would have the suit's gadgets to play around with and they could write about bruce's old age.

Greg
yeah buddy, its meant to fill in for the time late JLU - BAtman beyond.
that's why its BTAS IV...coz its amazing that we have the new batsuit and Bruce Wayne...but they are not put together for at least a season.

True...
but like you put it...you know...that few minutes of footage in "Reborn" that Bruce uses the suit...it self was cool. Since then I 've been wondering how he would have fought crime in that suit.

like what union_jack says...it could have happened...

what about trying ideas from both a possible return of some justice league threats or BTAS threats or common tech crime as an preview to the Batman beyond time frame.

I guess some of these threats would cause Bruce to use his new suit.

I am trying to think of ideas for adventures here (a new thought)...so maybe we could just start from coming up with some stories? similar to the "never ending batman story" thread idea.

it could be like our own preview of the potential BTAS IV...with him switching from the traditional suit to the new suit!!!
Besides, there are functions or creative uses to the suit that Terry hardly manages to explore, which Bruce, who created the suit, may put into use. It'll be nice to see that. Coz it obvious that Bruce's illustrated style of crime fighting is different and more pro then terry's.

I'd more or less like to see a series revolving around Terry McGinnis around the time of the JLU Episode Epilogue.

I'd also like to see what happened to Two-Face, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman in the DCAU.

I voted yes only because then we could explore what finally drives Dick away from even being Nightwing, and Barbara from being Batgirl, and Tim of course. It would allow more exploring from the Joker/Tim thing revealed in Return of the Joker as well which was one of the best parts about that movie.

EDIT: But I want them to give media exposure more to the other heroes; especially if they decide to make a new Timmverse-style cartoon series.

I'd more or less like to see a series revolving around Terry McGinnis around the time of the JLU Episode Epilogue.

I'd also like to see what happened to Two-Face, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman in the DCAU.
yeah..buddy...was thinking of that too...

I mean in epilogue...Terry in civilian blitzing past all security and reaching amanda waller...tells a damn lot about how fantastic he grows to be doesn't it?

But the flow is meant to be like: BTAS IV (with Bruce in the Batsuit) -- > JLU +crossovers with Marvel/capcom etc --> Batman Beyond --> Terry as Batman (with epilogue being like a special episode).

Once we reach that stage, we can see if you still want to conitnue the Batman legacy or if terry wants to give up the role in his old age + given that maybe crime has ceased (people got wiser maybe? HAHA!!) enough for the GCPD to handle everything without problems. but personally I think its best to leave that ambigous in case some of hte officials decide to come up with something new. whaddya think?

[then again if enough people were to contribute good stories here...some how if we could get it to be actually created & aired...it'll be cool...provided we can get past all the logistics and stuff, in a legal way. I'm really wary about breaking online laws.]

Got the flow? if not pose ur qn. Of course...using some common sense..we can kind of see how/where the continuities blend.

I'd like to apologise to all if you are a little peeved by me obsessing about hte flow and stuff. But hey to get anything done...we need to prioritise right?

Ok as I promised...the background to BTAS IV:
BACKGROUND:

The last time we saw Batman (Bruce Wayne), in BTAS was in The Lion and the Unicorn and in the Justice League in Destroyer.
At this point... we could safely assume that it was timed rather in the early 2010 period {Comic-verse time + JLU was set in the year early 1990s- ~ 2000 right?}.

This is the time where in Gotham...well Blips are gradually being replaced by aerial patrols, helicopters, CCTVs, satellite surveillance. Metropolis in comparison in slowly beginning a new phase of modernisation itself, using Wayne Tech's advancements there as well as Superman and the Justice League's contribution to Global advancement in all sectors of Life basically.

Given the various alien invasions, many raw materials and stuff have been strewn all over Earth, (much like Kryptonite is) and different criminal organisations and even gangs are learning to use such technlogies, re-fashioning them to meet their own agendas.

After Destroyer, Lex gets sent back by Darkseid (who wants the effects of the Anti-Life Equation all to himself).

As for Lex and his gang, yes...they helped the Justice League in Destroyer...but slowly the group begin to take on Lex's wealth-biased ideologies about protecting themselves first, using various means...then doing good for the people from their position of strength. He reasons that the Justice League won't be happy...but he doesn't care. So once again he begins his ways for power as a means for doing good ... so that he could be in par with the Justice League.

So now there are 3 major powers/good/criminal elements: 1) the Justice League themselves. 2) Lex's Injustice League who wants to use the power hunger way to both force people to depend on themselves more and to become a great leader and being a human protector of planet Earth...thereby retiring the Justice League out of 'gratitude'. He also has secretly stashed the alien invasion 'artifacts'. 3) The various criminal elements [Mafia, Terrorists, criminals etc...] who get their hand on various alien left over materials and resources, along with in genious new ways and technologies to do their crimes.

Un wittingly, the Justice League's progress for society, which is welcomed is also used as a catalyst for criminal elements to 'test' the "defence system" on Earth. Part of this instigation comes from a yet unknown source degrading the potential of Earth of taking care of itself...depending entirely and pitifully on appointed heroes and aliens for taking care of the entire Planet. The instigator also drives the message that Earth needs to defend its own citizens from invasion, rather than depend on others.

This causes a huge divide in the planet. There are normal people, who respect and love the Justice League, and others who treat them as outsiders. This is also the new 'ideological' struggle for terrorists and organised crime, to find a way or fight for territory of the most powerful to defend the planet. These bad guys also take into account going up against the justice League with advanced equipment.

On the law side, the various military and security agencies are bolstering up their security for both avoiding a potential backlash of alien invasion, which seems as common as civil wars were centuries ago. Fortunately, most of the security groups support the Justice League.

With this happeneing the whole modern society is evolving rapidly in terms of technological evolution..almost like a technological age II.
...to be con't...

Background con't...

In Gotham City, leading a almost overhaul of technology, Wayne Tech simultaneously introduces 3 projects in Transportation.

a) The Gotham & Metropolis Subway is evolved to run on both fresh air and on maglev technology. This is stated to produce clean yet efficient energy vehicles that also clean the atmosphere they pass. Any unwanted gases are filtered and chemically broken apart, the energy used to charge reserve power, before rendering them inert.

b) New maglev-pnuematic cars are introduced on Gotham Streets. In 5 years these test productions are fully converted into hover cars. This extends to every kind of vehicle from Gotham, (all the DC states), Asia etc...

c) The armed forces and police are issued new suits, exo suits, that will enable to endure the higher damage from new kinds weapons as well as jet pack suits for rescue forces.

From this initiation, the world advances in technology.
---------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Wayne's primary motivation for pushing this move was due to a few reasons:
First of all was his increasing difficulty in handling these new kinds of advanced threats. With the knowledge that Batman was a human being unlike the rest of his counter parts, many focussed the crime in Gotham City...partly to tickle the Bat and draw out his weaknesses. As Batman, he returned home more frequently with close shaves then he's ever had before even with his skills and experience, each time his suit more torn or ruined, by the advanced weaponry. He was always knocked by long-distance shots, while he was on the move (in mid air on his grappel lines for instance). Batman's skills in his old suit, especiall after his time with the justice league, served to be inadequate against the constant threat of advanced weaponry.
The second reason was the way he saw his comrades fall due to advanced weaponry. They were powerful, but there needed to be some proper training so that they didn't just get knocked out by lucky blows or over whelm all the time.
The third reason was the advance tech and agreement that there was a need to check both the risks and potential for both the criminal agenda (if it got out of hand) and if alien invasions were to occur again.

to be con't...

Background Con't....(part 3)

Bruce had been experimenting with some potential exosuits...in his own time, partly as fun (yeah..Bruce's version of "fun") for the time if he was old and unable to fight crime as well as he can now.

Now in his early 40s and given the present situation, he realised that he has to start working on himself first to improve his crime fighting skills some more. For a period, he stops being Batman, getting robin, nightwing and Batgirl handle the cases unless it really required his assistance. In addition to the potential problems he and his team mates faced, his real reason for this review was that he was extremely peeved at the way he was overwhelmed and taken down, despite all his skills. For Bruce he couldn't digest this humiliating fact. Something didn't click...despite using all his skills. He had to reflect.

Bruce begins by reviewing all his old cases and recalling all the ways he solved them...finding and improving and devising various methods to improve his already impressive skills. He goes back to basics for all his training, deep meditation & reflection, martial art skills, ninjutsu skills, etc....

He realised that his biggest problem was that he was using powerfully effective methods by habit that had worked in old Gotham...and without realising it had been dependant upon the JLU for tougher mission reqts or help, while everyone including himself was fooled into completely thinking of Batman as the loner-survivor. As a result, he had not been reinventing his methods of work for almost a half a decade.

It wouldn't have taken a fool to realise his dependancies and weaknesses by observing his instinctive reactions in using among a few things: his utility belt, batarang, explosive pellets, his remote-controlled vehicles. He wasn't touched when he was hiding, he was hit when he was on the move!!! It was also irritating to him, that is foes could fairly decently predict where he would be heading to once he was spotted, thereby almost predicting his moves and ambushing him, something only done to his proteges in their initial stages!!! While previously he would have put a person twice his size through a steel door, now he was having trouble even getting near a decent hoodlum, even with his tools. and his stealth by itself was relatively losing its effectiveness.

He had enough after his close shave in a case where he got entangled by some common hoodlums of Rupert Thorne's gang and was caught in some bindings. He found that with new technologies, he lacked the strength or the speed to survive being crushed. He survived only because of sheer luck, when the machine snagged and caused a electric cable to burn it's way through his bindings enough for him to just squeeze free, just a whisker before the machine hit where he had been before. While he was working on improving his skills even during these times...he realised that he was outmatched by the competition. He was now the joke...where many cases were only marginally interrupted by him.

Where previously Comm.Gordon would gasp in awe at his using his grappel hook, these were the opportunities that criminals were targetting him for, in addition to realising that he was just human. Part of the fear was gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------
coming up next: A brief on his self-reinvention and donning of the suit, designing of the new Batmobile.

I voted yes only because then we could explore what finally drives Dick away from even being Nightwing, and Barbara from being Batgirl, and Tim of course. It would allow more exploring from the Joker/Tim thing revealed in Return of the Joker as well which was one of the best parts about that movie.

EDIT: But I want them to give media exposure more to the other heroes; especially if they decide to make a new Timmverse-style cartoon series.

** just a side note...I believe that's it could be in the middle of this reflective period that "Return of the Joker" episode bit where Robin is kidnapped, and transformed into Joker Junior and that whole episode.

It could be that after this, Bruce is more determined to launch his crime-fighting solo and gradually disallows Nightwing and Batgirl to function. For Barbara it also time for her to join GCPD as a cop like her dad did. Nightwing redons his suit in pursuit of his own fight in crime against Batman's words.

{I think this continuity makes sense with the BTAS IV background ya?}

My thoughs on the matter are this.

We've already seen all we needed in the first episode of Beyond. He was not the best Batman he could be, his healthy physique going to crap after all those beatings and fights. He most likely made the suit after he probably was beating some crooks who are stealing a TV and they actually get the best of him and get away. He spends a little time still trying to fight in just the normal suit as he develops the other better suit from Beyond. Eventually it gets made and he's Batman again for a time before suddenly... even the suit can't help him. And in the first episode where he uses the gun, it was most likely the end of a long line of his little cheats to take out the criminals in his older body. The gun crossing the line in his mind, making him find Terry to be Batman and we all know the story after that.

No need for it but it's interesting no less, but the point as to why is explained rather vividly above.

My thoughs on the matter are this.

We've already seen all we needed in the first episode of Beyond. He was not the best Batman he could be, his healthy physique going to crap after all those beatings and fights. He most likely made the suit after he probably was beating some crooks who are stealing a TV and they actually get the best of him and get away. He spends a little time still trying to fight in just the normal suit as he develops the other better suit from Beyond. Eventually it gets made and he's Batman again for a time before suddenly... even the suit can't help him. And in the first episode where he uses the gun, it was most likely the end of a long line of his little cheats to take out the criminals in his older body. The gun crossing the line in his mind, making him find Terry to be Batman and we all know the story after that.

yup...but so all of a sudden?. besides the question of this post is to see batman/Bruce wayne adventures in the Beyond suit for a time before handing it on.

So your reason might be somewhere in between the times before he goes on reflection and at about the point he gets some of this knockdowns as I had mentioned? Could be that he's feeling a little more jolted due to the broken bone bits in his body, everytime he got knocked down.

Which partially gives a reasoning...where if you hear to some miraculous healing feats of the art of Tai-Chi, in a ideal world like Batman (where there are creatures like Superman and Wolverine) and him being a Martial Artist...it would make sense that part of his training which he failed to reinvent with his age rising was to regroup his body and health and heal as much as possible all these flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"