Shrek 4 Coming to Theaters in 2010

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Source: DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. November 1, 2006

DreamWorks Animation reported its earnings for the third quarter of 2006 on Tuesday and revealed that Shrek 4 will hit theaters in 2010. Also, the Puss in Boots movie, previously expected to go straight to DVD, will instead be a theatrical release sometime after Shrek 4.

"'Puss in Boots' is a unique creative property that has the potential to be a valuable extension of the 'Shrek' franchise," stated Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation. "We are excited to be developing this into a feature film where we think it has the greatest opportunity."

The company announced that its new partnership with Nickelodeon has identified its first two creative concepts for ongoing television series based on DreamWorks Animation theatrical properties. The first will be based on the hit penguin characters from the company's 2005 theatrical release Madagascar and the second series will be derived from DreamWorks' 2008 theatrical release Kung Fu Panda.

Lastly, the company revealed its theatrical release slate for 2009 from its projects currently under development. Monsters vs. Aliens, the working title of an original concept from DreamWorks Animation, is scheduled for release in the summer of 2009. How to Train Your Dragon, based on the book by Cressida Cowell, is scheduled as the company's release for the 2009 fall/holiday season.

DreamWorks Animation's next project, Flushed Away, hits theaters on Friday, November 3. It will be followed by the company's Shrek the Third on May 18, 2007

Could we get the 3rd before we look forward to the 4th?

Darth Elektra said:
Yeah, Im not even looking forward to the third.
What thr hell's he gonna do next? Run for election with the donkey as his running mate? I don't see why everyone is saying its going to be bigger than SM3 or POTC3.

J Alba's Lover said:
What the hell's he gonna do next? Run for election with the donkey as his running mate? I don't see why everyone is saying its going to be bigger than SM3 or POTC3.

You know that would be hilarious!

Ok, so here is the dreamworks animation list
Antz
Shrek
Chiken Run
Sharktale
Shrek 2
Madagascar
Wallice & Gromit
Over the Hedge
Flushed Away
Shrek the Third
Bee Movie
Kung Fu Panda
Madagascar (sequel)
Monsters Vs. Aliens
How to Train Your Dragon
Shrek 4
Puss in Boots

WOW Thats alot of movies!

I thought Shrek 1 was pretty fun.
"Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy!" :up:

I'm anticipating Puss n' Boots more, it seems like it could be far cooler...

Asteroid-Man said:
Antz - OK
Shrek - OK
Chicken Run - excellent, due to Aardman
Sharktale - sucked
Shrek 2 - below average
Madagascar - below average
Wallice & Gromit - excellent, due to Aardman
Over the Hedge - below average
Flushed Away - excellent, due to Aardman
Shrek the Third
Bee Movie
Kung Fu Panda
Madagascar (sequel)
Monsters Vs. Aliens
How to Train Your Dragon
Shrek 4
Puss in Boots

-- Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the future Shrek movies unless they bring something more to the table than dated pop culture gags and lame musical numbers. Dreamworks is lucky that they have a partnership with Aardman animation.

Yes, cause the films you pointed out are raving blockbuster succcesses. :rolleyes:

At least Madagascar and the Shrek films are entertaining. Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit, and Flushed Away, were all either boring, or looked boring.

I will say though that Shark Tale, Over The Hedge, and Antz sucked.

Shrek 2 was a total suck-fest. I can't believe they're doing this.

JustABill said:
Yes, cause the films you pointed out are raving blockbuster succcesses. :rolleyes:

At least Madagascar and the Shrek films are entertaining. Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit, and Flushed Away, were all either boring, or looked boring.

I will say though that Shark Tale, Over The Hedge, and Antz sucked.

Well, judging by your tastes, there might be a few things in "Flushed Away" that you'll like. There are a bunch of shot-to-the-crotch gags and at least one fart joke after all.

And we all know that only the good movies are "blockbuster successes". :rolleyes: X 100

I want a Madagascar sequel........NOW :(
and also a Puss movie...not shrek 4 :o

Here's how I liked it first time watching...

crap=1
meh=2
ok=3
pretty cool=4
awesome=5
outstanding= off the chart

Antz-ok
Shrek-awesome
Chiken Run-pretty cool
Sharktale-ok
Shrek 2-pretty cool
Madagascar-oustanding
Wallice & Gromit-crap
Over the Hedge-looks like a "pretty cool"
Flushed Away-looks like a "meh"
Shrek the Third- I think this will be an outstanding or an ok
Bee Movie-looks like a pretty cool
Kung Fu Panda-looks outstanding
Madagascar (sequel) -looks pretty cool
Monsters Vs. Aliens -sounds outstanding
How to Train Your Dragon-sounds pretty cool
Shrek 4-sounds ok
Puss in Boots-sounds outstanding

Judging from my tastes? Dude, I don't even get off on the fart jokes or the shot to crotch ****.

I'm just saying, Wallace and Gromit was ****. It was dreadfully boring. As was Chicken Run.

When I watch a movie, animated or not, I want it to entertain me. Those movies didn't. Shrek and Madagascar did. And not because of fart/pee jokes, but because they had characters that were generally crazy fun. I mean Donkey, the Penguins, David Schwimmer's character in Madagascar, John Cleese in Shrek 2, John Lithgow in the first one, Gingerbread Man. The list goes on. :o

Galactus said:
Source: DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. November 1, 2006

DreamWorks Animation reported its earnings for the third quarter of 2006 on Tuesday and revealed that Shrek 4 will hit theaters in 2010. Also, the Puss in Boots movie, previously expected to go straight to DVD, will instead be a theatrical release sometime after Shrek 4.

"'Puss in Boots' is a unique creative property that has the potential to be a valuable extension of the 'Shrek' franchise," stated Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation. "We are excited to be developing this into a feature film where we think it has the greatest opportunity."

The company announced that its new partnership with Nickelodeon has identified its first two creative concepts for ongoing television series based on DreamWorks Animation theatrical properties. The first will be based on the hit penguin characters from the company's 2005 theatrical release Madagascar and the second series will be derived from DreamWorks' 2008 theatrical release Kung Fu Panda.

Lastly, the company revealed its theatrical release slate for 2009 from its projects currently under development. Monsters vs. Aliens, the working title of an original concept from DreamWorks Animation, is scheduled for release in the summer of 2009. How to Train Your Dragon, based on the book by Cressida Cowell, is scheduled as the company's release for the 2009 fall/holiday season.

DreamWorks Animation's next project, Flushed Away, hits theaters on Friday, November 3. It will be followed by the company's Shrek the Third on May 18, 2007

When is the third Shrek movie coming out?

since others have done it i thought i'd give my opinion on the list

Antz - t'was better than the one with the gender confused ladybug thingy
Shrek - still good to watch when drunk "lol it's a talking donkey! A FRIKEN DONKEY!!"
Chiken Run - all kinds of awsome, always loved the Great Escape and chickens make it funny:D
Sharktale - didn;t look good so didn;t see it
Shrek 2 - disliked, but cleese was good...ish...
Madagascar - need more pingu's:cmad:
Wallice & Gromit - rockin' my freind, rockin'! i grew up with Wallace and Gromit so i've probably got that nostalgic thing going on, but man if the dog fight isn;t one of the funniest things i'd seen since Cleese stipping while talking russian
Over the Hedge - want to see it badly:(
Flushed Away - looks so good:D
Shrek the Third - whats it about? should i care?
Bee Movie - meh..
Kung Fu Panda - sounds fun..
Madagascar (sequel) - woo!
Monsters Vs. Aliens - fun:huh:
How to Train Your Dragon - meh
Shrek 4 - :csad:
Puss in Boots - NOW GODDAMIT!!!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"