Sick of Previews

Sundancer

Cynicist
Reaction score
Not so much the trailers themselves, but how many there are. Joker had a 4:00p, showtime. Didn't start until 4:25pm. At "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" the guy next to me said as the fifth preview started "Another one??" It makes it tougher to finish the movie w/o a bathroom trip.

It gets a little out of hand, but considering how most of our entertainment has some form of marketing attached to it, it is what it is. I feel like 4-5 is the sweet spot before people start to say, come on.

I wish theyd extend the trailers to 30 minutes. That's part of the experience I buy a ticket for. Needing the bathroom isnt much of an issue for me because I dont eat or drink before I go to the theater and I dont eat or drink at the theater.

What I hate is the product commercials for coke, Sprite, fandango, theater concession foods, AMC's stubs program etc. And now my local Dolby theater has a 2-3 minute trailer demonstrating the wonders of Dolby Cinema. As if the film we are about to watch isnt demonstration enough. If theyd cut all that BS and replace it with film trailers thatd be great.

I don't arrive to the theater on time. I already know I have at least 20 minutes before the film starts, unless it's a Fathom event, that **** starts on time. Now if I want to catch trailers, I'll arrive pretty early, but most of the time I've seen them already several times over.

Not so much the trailers themselves, but how many there are. Joker had a 4:00p, showtime. Didn't start until 4:25pm. At "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" the guy next to me said as the fifth preview started "Another one??" It makes it tougher to finish the movie w/o a bathroom trip.

I almost always have to go to the bathroom when I go to the movies. I try to go when its still kind of early in the movie and nothing big seems to be going on lol.

I wish theyd extend the trailers to 30 minutes. That's part of the experience I buy a ticket for. Needing the bathroom isnt much of an issue for me because I dont eat or drink before I go to the theater and I dont eat or drink at the theater.

What I hate is the product commercials for coke, Sprite, fandango, theater concession foods, AMC's stubs program etc. And now my local Dolby theater has a 2-3 minute trailer demonstrating the wonders of Dolby Cinema. As if the film we are about to watch isnt demonstration enough. If theyd cut all that BS and replace it with film trailers thatd be great.

More you are crazy lol. One thing that is interesting is I think it depends on the theater you go to some what. The theater I like to go to the most I would say plays about 20 minutes of previews. The other theater I some times go to only plays like 10 minutes of previews lol. The theater I go to more I like because the sits are much more comftable but the theater I dont go to has much I do like that there are less previews. The thing is in this day and age most movies I care about seeing I end up seeing a trailer online for the movie before I see the trailer in theaters meaning I dont really need to see it online.

I don't arrive to the theater on time. I already know I have at least 20 minutes before the film starts, unless it's a Fathom event, that **** starts on time. Now if I want to catch trailers, I'll arrive pretty early, but most of the time I've seen them already several times over.

I was going to say the problem is if a movie has only been out like a week you risk getting craping seat chose if you are not there on time.

When I was at the opening of Spider-Man in 2002, I remember distinctly there being three previews before the feature began.

when I saw S-MFFH I swear they ran 10 movie previews.

I think it's getting excessive, and I generally like trailers on the big screen as part of the movie going experience. But as was mentioned, we get trailers online now and most of us see them there before we see them in a theater. And as was also stated, with a 20 minute or so padding to the start of the film proper, I can feasibly be quite late to the theater and still not miss any of the movie itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"