Sim City anyone else looking forward to it?

Yeah, EA is a horrible company. I was going to wait until it went on sale. Sucks that its not on Steam though because EA had to try and put out their stupid version of Steam thats clearly no where near as good.

Anyone who purchases the game before March 18th gets a free game. They haven't given specifics. They launched tons of new servers and and working hard on fixing it.

Most of the problems really are overblown people just love to *****.

Quality definitely improved this weekend, it's playable unlike earlier this week but still laggy.

Sometimes regional cities do not sync up properly which is a massively annoying problem to have. For example, say I have a mining town that is drilling oil and I build a oil power plant--I should have enough power to power my city as well as neighboring cities but when I try to buy power from one of the other cities without a power plant, there wont be any available! So I will then have to waste money on a wind power plant until the cities sync up and I can buy power on my mining city that is sitting on tons of unused power. There are many other annoying issues that derive from sync lag

Another problem I have experienced is none of the gift simoleons I have made to my neighboring cities have arrived there

EA disabled game features to get the game running better, which I hope they reverse as they improve and add servers. Currently you can't freaking filter maps, Cheetah speed nerf, no leaderboards (meh), finding available games is a nightmare! I had to create my own region but I'm playing by myself because, I assume, no one could find my game since there is no filter options.

With all that said, any one that has the game want to join my region? Origin I.D: dodgers33089

Yeah there's still some hiccups, but it definitely was much more playable this weekend. My city is working great, though I do think it's bugged out and I'm afraid to address it.

Essentially it says my city needs 350 MW of power. My coal power plant, standard without any upgrades is still powering my whole city, which is impossible. I'm not even buying power from my neighbors!

I really want to research clean coal, but I'm afraid that the power plant will cease to be unlimited once I place a clean coal generator on my plant.

I'm on the East 1 server if anyone wants to join me. MasterTheHero (Origin)

sent you a request. I'm playing on US West servers, 1 or 2, but they're currently all screwy.
Last I checked, east 1 was full too.

EDIT: Yea, both West 1 and 2 were taken down at 8am for server upgrades

I'm playing Antarctica. It's just too funny not too!

Origin ID: Rabidbunny1027

I think I'm going to give the game another week or so before I purchase it. Hopefully by then they release another patch.

Like Dodgers said, I hope they un-nerf cheetah speed and update the way you can search for friends. I'd like for them to iron some more stuff out before I spend $60

I'm looking forward to this game and I'm also looking forward to Injustice: Gods among Us and Ghosts N Goblins Online.

Sorry if this is a very late reply. Just wanted to know, did anyone buy the game? How's it working out for you? I've been reading the horrible reviews about connecting to play an empty city in a region, how the game's AI (agents) isn't really intelligent, etc. Is it true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"