SkinWalkers

Ok cool poster, sounds cool.
I will check it out, nice find about it DE.

I'm not one to say if a movie looks bad or sucks but it looks pretty meh. Like it was made as the Sci-Fi movie of the week. Did they make it look like it was made in the 80's on purpose?

Don't know if its been reported but its not coming out march 30th anymore.

Its being pushed back until summer. I heard its coming out July 4th.

If so then till we be like when Dimension pushed back the pulse remake 3 months and came out the same weekend as POTC2.

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing Natassia back on the big screen on or around my birthday.:(

Movie Preview: “Skinwalkers”

I love me a low-budget horror movie. No, wait, let me rephrase that. I love me a cool low-budget horror movie. A horror flick needn’t have a big Hollywood budget to draw my attention, and “Skinwalkers” doesn’t have a big budget from the looks of it, but director Jason Isaacs seems to have gotten the most out of it. Two things that indicates this is the kind of movie that will look good on DVD but not so much on the big screen: obviously bad actors and a kind of “where’s the common sense?” script. Yes, I can tell both those things from the trailer. But hey, it looks pretty damn good, with plenty of werewolf and supernatural action, gunplay, and hot chicks involved in gratuitous sex scenes. Me likey!
The story:
In the small town of Huguenot, Timothy approaches his thirteenth birthday, unaware this milestone marks the time of his transformation. His mother Rachel fears her son⿿s health is deteriorating. But those around him⿿those who have guarded him since birth⿿know Timothy is a half-blood and that when the red moon is full, he will finally have the power to control his family⿿s destiny. They also know that Timothy⿿s gift puts his life in grave danger. Meanwhile, two packs of Skinwalkers watch the night sky. Bound by blood, divided by principles, and hellbent to survive, they understand that this rising moon signals the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy. Consequently, the packs are prepared to wage a fierce battle for possession of the one who holds the key to their future and their way of life.

“Skinwalkers” opens March 30, 2007, and by “open” I mean it may or may not come out on theaters, but expect it on DVD relatively quick. It’s the kind of movie that will live on DVD, not the theaters. Starring Natassia Malthe, Shawn Roberts, Jason Behr, Elias Koteas, and Rhona Mitra. Directed by James Isaac (”Jason X”).

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/movie-preview-skinwalkers/

Press Release for Skinwalkers and other After Dark Films

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After Dark Films, a film production and distribution company and creator of Eight Films to Die For: After Dark Horrorfest, today announced that the opening date for psychological thriller/horror film CAPTIVITY, starring Elisha Cuthbert and Daniel Gillies, is June 22. On March 29, the controversial film received a one-month suspension of the ratings process from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), due to advertising in Los Angeles and New York that was deemed “inappropriate for public viewing.” The film is to receive a rating within the next seven to ten days, though there are no assurances that the MPAA will give it an “R.” CAPTIVITY, previously scheduled to open on May 18, now joins three other summer releases from After Dark Films.

“After Dark Films is cooperating with the MPAA to assure them that advertising and promotional materials for all our films will abide by their rules and procedures,” said Courtney Solomon, partner, After Dark Films. “We have moved the release date of CAPTIVITY so that we can continue building awareness of the film while giving our fans what they have been eagerly waiting for as soon as possible, within the parameters of the current ratings review process. We are planning additional ad campaigns for FIERCE PEOPLE, SKINWALKERS and WRISTCUTTERS: A LOVE STORY this summer, and in addition to submitting the materials for all of these films to the MPAA for approval, we ensure our continued compliance with their guidelines.”

Skinwalkers
Release date: July 27, 2007
Rating: R
Director: James Isaac
Cast: Jason Behr, Elias Koteas, Rhona Mitra, Kim Coates, Natassia Malthe and Matthew Knight
Synopsis: Creatures, bound by the blood of the wolf, that can kill with curses and move at lightning speed, watch the night sky for the rise of the blood-red crescent moon. They are SKINWALKERS. They feed on our flesh and thirst for the taste of human blood. The red moon signals each pack, divided by principles, hell bent to survive an ancient prophecy.

On his 13th birthday, Timothy (Matthew Knight) a half-blood, is about to reach the time of his transformation. He’s been guarded since birth by those around him. They know the power he holds. He alone has the power to control the destiny of his family, and their kind, a gift that has placed his very life in danger.

On the third night, at the rise of the red moon, a war will rage for control of their kind. There are two warring factions: one would like the curse to end, the other embraces bloodlust, and revels in the immortal freedom of the beast within. Under the full red moon, the violent feud pits brother against brother, lover against lover, and good against evil.

Web Site: www.skinwalkers.com

Those are just the parts about Skinwalkers. for the whole article, go here.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20070507006233&newsLang=en

Skinwalkers: A Gentle Werewolf Film
Source: Ryan Rotten, Box Office Mojo

Box Office Mojo is reporting the MPAA has weighed in on After Dark Films' upcoming werewolf frenzy Skinwalkers. Turns out the Jim Isaac-directed flick has received a PG-13. We're positive there is a story behind this; perhaps something to do with "trims" to reach the "largest possible audience." But who really knows? Starring Natassia Malthe, Shawn Roberts, Jason Behr, Elias Koteas and Rhona Mitra, the film concerns a young boy caught up in a feud between to quarreling werewolf clans. After Dark releases the film on July 27.

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=353

• NEW! Trailer **
    • HD 480P
      qtlogo.jpg
      (41.2Mb)
    • HD 720P
      qtlogo.jpg
      (104Mb)
    • HD 1080P
      qtlogo.jpg
      (157Mb)

Just watched the trailer and looks sick lol and I hate it when a kid has to be the one to save everyone or just when a kid is a hero lol when they only like 9 or something lol.

But nice bikes, I do like motorbikes.

So they are half human and half animal, they look like wearwolfs or half - dogs lol.
Or can they be any animal?

Wow, that is a new trailer. At first it played like the old one. Thanks for sharing.

I still like the overall *cheap* look of the film. Maybe I'm old school, or seen way too many b-movies on Sci-Fi, but I like this look. Too bad it's no longer an R. Wasn't the R cut close to 2 hours too?

Damn.

I was like; "Hell yeah. Sexy womens, werewolves, violence, I am so there-... PG-13? :csad:"

Yeah, with the film getting a PG-13 rating, I'll wait on the unrated dvd.

Yeah, with the film getting a PG-13 rating, I'll wait on the unrated dvd.

I'll see it if it comes out here. Good chance it'll hit the cheapie theater on base than the one out in town though. Depends on how it's release. I rather see....a edited down werewolf movie...than a edited down Die Hard film in theaters.

Skinwalkers: A Gentle Werewolf Film
Source: Ryan Rotten, Box Office Mojo

Box Office Mojo is reporting the MPAA has weighed in on After Dark Films' upcoming werewolf frenzy Skinwalkers. Turns out the Jim Isaac-directed flick has received a PG-13. We're positive there is a story behind this; perhaps something to do with "trims" to reach the "largest possible audience." But who really knows? Starring Natassia Malthe, Shawn Roberts, Jason Behr, Elias Koteas and Rhona Mitra, the film concerns a young boy caught up in a feud between to quarreling werewolf clans. After Dark releases the film on July 27.

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=353

You got to be kidding me :(

New 'Skinwalkers' Trailer!

You can now watch, rate and comment on the new trailer for After Dark Films' Skinwalkers, which hits theaters on July 27. Skinwalkers is about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves. One group of werewolves is sworn to protect him, the other group is trying to kill him -- and the young boy's mother has to find out why her son is at the center of the conflict before time runs out.

Trailer:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=852

A bit iffy about this due to the lack of decent werewolf flicks recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"