SkinWalkers

Hmmm....this will either be really good or meh. Hollywood has been f**king up the werewolf genre for awhile now, so I'd love to see a well done film on the subject. Unfortunately, they keep pumping out dreck like the Underworld and Gingersnaps series, plus that crappy Craven film "Cursed". Maybe this is a swing in the right direction.

jag

Hmmm....this will either be really good or meh. Hollywood has been f**king up the werewolf genre for awhile now, so I'd love to see a well done film on the subject. Unfortunately, they keep pumping out dreck like the Underworld and Gingersnaps series, plus that crappy Craven film "Cursed". Maybe this is a swing in the right direction.

jag

What was wrong with the Underworld movies?

Blame Dimension for Cursed. It was around 90% finished...then they had the bright idea of ending production and re-writing the script. This led to cast members dropping out and being replaced.

Plagued by production problems and script issues, this film's release was delayed for over a year. Over half of the movie had to be re-shot with many cast members being replaced due to scheduling conflicts.
Skeet Ulrich originally had a role as the third lead, Christina Ricci's love interest, however when the film was re-scripted and preparing to re-shoot, he was unsatisfied with his characters changes and chose to drop out of the film. His character was then written out altogether.
  • The original plot line had three strangers brought together by a car accident in the Hollywood Hills and the subsequent attack of a werewolf. The three characters were named Ellie Hudson (Christina Ricci), Vince Winston (Skeet Ulrich) and Jimmy Myers (Jesse Eisenberg). When the script was re-written, the plot changed and focused on two estranged siblings who had to fight a curse after a werewolf attack. Skeet Ulrich's character was totally re-written and renamed Jake. Since Ellie and Jimmy became brother and sister, Ellie's surname was deleted and became Myers.
  • The original plot had a final sequence shot on a wax museum in Hollywood. When the screenplay was re-written, the final scenes took place on a movie-oriented club. Art Department supervisors had the ability to use the same props and sets for both the shootings.
n the original version, the film opened with the benefit party by PETA on the hotel roof. Parts of the scene were kept from the original shooting but in the final cut, that scene is at about 50 minutes from the beginning. Mya replaced Mandy Moore in this scene.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0257516/trivia

Dude, the Underworld movies are so horribly written I don't even know where to begin.

jag

Everyone to their own opinion but I love the Underworld films so much

I'm sorry, but the Underworld films are crap. They have an AWESOME premise. But they are so full of plot holes, continuity problems, giant lapses in logic, unrealistic dialogue, wooden acting, half-assed CGI and shoddy editing. Yes, they are beautifully shot and are visually stunning, but they are all style and no substance. I really wanted to like them. I really did. I love the premise and conceptual basis, but they are horribly underrealized by the films, falling far, far short of the potential that was there. I wish the Underworld films were anything more than just a semi-pretty face, but they aren't.

jag

New Skinwalkers pic

To go along with the recently released trailer to SKINWALKERS we caught earlier this week, After Dark Films released a new image from the film today, this one featuring one badass (and pissed off) werewolf looking to rip your larynx out.

While the werewolf design/look above isn't anything we haven't seen before, it certainly isn't bad... but, it's not really good either. More like so-so. Adequate. Average. You name it, that's what it is. Do I still wanna check this biotch out? You bet I do! It's just kind of surprising that it's not mind-blowing, considering it's from none other than Stan Winston himself. Ah well.

After being kicked around the release date bush for awhile now, I'm stoked to see we're finally closing up on it's release date- and in theaters, too! Kick-ass!

jag

the Wolfman remake next year should be a pig push in the positive direction for lycanthropic celluloid

I wonder if this film will get a nice marketing push? First clip out today...and the film hits theaters on July 27th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"