Sleepy Hollow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof. Openly express disappointment with the writers while it's currently on? Yikes. (Unless she knows it's cancelled, but still not cool.)

I mean, I agree. I think it's been terrible. Giving the HH a face in present time, Katrina, the family stuff, and Hawley. Just didn't connect with me so I quit halfway through the season.

oh crap. Someone lost his head

And the adventure continues....unless they get cancelled.

Episode 18 "Tempus Fugit" Timothy Busfield was funny as Ben Franklin and watching him get decapitated was crazy. Ichabod's selfie video was kind of funny. I like that Abbie was able to free herself. Tragic that Ichabod was the one to finally kill Katrina.

Kind of a mixed review here. I was enjoying it up until the end.:csad:

Once Franklin lost his head,I was pretty sure the Traveler spell would be reversed.:oldrazz:

Abbie hugging Crane was funny. One would think she should've put him wise to the phone earlier. It's nothing short of a miracle he got it to work.

I was one that really enjoyed this season,arguably more than the first. The biggest problem for me is the rush to get to the finish. I can understand why Winter had problems with the way her character was written. The way they resolved her character was very uncharacteristic. After being a source of empathy for the whole season,she snaps,goes crazy and tries to kill everyone?

They kinda left the door open for the future. Maybe something will come of it.Maybe they just wanted an open ending for the sake of all the Crane/Abbie fanfic shippers.But if the writing was well and truly on the wall, I'd have hoped for a happier ending. They tried to give Katrina a "happy ending" by reuniting with Henry, I suppose, but it just fell flat. Nothing between her and Ichabod was really resolved. She died as a crazy person and she deserved better.

In a way,I guess it was a tall order for them to try and wrap up the story whilst trying to leave the slightest bit of wiggle room to continue in the future,but in the end it was a disappointing resolution.:csad:

That was a good finale, shame though that they had to turn Katrina because they didnt really know how to write her and keep her relevant. If the show is picked up for a 3rd season, I am interested to see where they go from here.

I never realized how short Nicole Beharie was until this episode. When she was standing next to Grace I kinda laughed like when Peter Griffin and Lois were laughing at Stewie for being so short.

I really hope the series doesn't end here. The run up to the last episode felt so rushed to have Katrina's heel turn, but they kinda wrote themselves into that spot by writing her in a conflicting style. All season long she pulls some questionable things, but they always tried to rationalize it away instead of just hinting that maybe she might just be more of a selfish ******* than we realize. I think she would have made a really good villain if they wrote it better, but you could tell the writers were probably divided with where to go with her. It's too bad that she took up too much focus, but the end felt like they have a lot more potential there. I didn't hate Katrina as much as some people did, but she really became a burden on the show after a certain point.

Crane, Abbie in Pocket Storm mode, Jenny with more screen time, and Ninja Irving would make a pretty cool season 3. Throw in the Kindred, and that's all they need. Hawley isn't bad, but I'm against him for a few reasons. One, he is basically Jenny's replacement, and he also looks a little bit too much like Dark Sentinel.:o

Bring on season 3. Fox owes me for screwing up with Almost Human anyway. They have to pay what they owe.

I really liked the season finale, the role reversal was entertaining and interesting with Abbie experiencing things from the other side, Crane vs the mobile phone was gold and I was surprised when Ben Franklin lost his head, literally! :wow:

The scene where Abbie met Grace was a good one and I personally think they did a good job with wrapping up the Katrina arc, she was the proverbially 3rd wheel.

Now the ending could work as a series finale well enough I guess as they cleared up the current major threats, but they also have the chance to continue on from here with a fresh through-line, no Katrina or Henry distractions and a set team with Jenny and Ninja Irving fully involved after being a bit sidelined in season 2.

I certainly hope we get more, there are few better duos on TV than Abbie & Crane. :up:

I really hope the series doesn't end here. The run up to the last episode felt so rushed to have Katrina's heel turn, but they kinda wrote themselves into that spot by writing her in a conflicting style. All season long she pulls some questionable things, but they always tried to rationalize it away instead of just hinting that maybe she might just be more of a selfish ******* than we realize. I think she would have made a really good villain if they wrote it better, but you could tell the writers were probably divided with where to go with her. It's too bad that she took up too much focus, but the end felt like they have a lot more potential there. I didn't hate Katrina as much as some people did, but she really became a burden on the show after a certain point.

I think the problem they had with Katrina is she was in the way of the shows strongest card, the Abbie and Crane dynamic. I don't mean from a "shipper" POV, I think just from purely a chemistry and entertainment perspective the show is at it's best when they are working together, and Katrina got in the way of that because I don't think many cared about him getting back with her as they just want him to stay in the present in Sleepy Hollow and fight evil with Abbie.

Crane, Abbie in Pocket Storm mode, Jenny with more screen time, and Ninja Irving would make a pretty cool season 3. Throw in the Kindred, and that's all they need. Hawley isn't bad, but I'm against him for a few reasons. One, he is basically Jenny's replacement, and he also looks a little bit too much like Dark Sentinel.:o

I swear I didn't read your post before using the term Ninja Irving. :funny: Bringing back the Kindred is a great idea, he could come under the command of some new big threat and repalce HH as the physcial enemy for Crane and Abbie. I mean I know HH is pretty much the base of the mythos of Sleepy Hollow in the original story but I think they blunted him this seaosn by giving him a face and trying to add empathy to him. He was best as a Terminator-esque villain.

As far as I'm concerned,they pretty much divested the series of any interesting plot lines going forward. (I'm guessing they tried to tie as much of the story up, all but certain of this being the series finale) I guess Headless is still out there? I forget where we left him.

Frankly, Katrina is a pivotal part of the whole thing. That's why it's a slap in the face that she died instead of Irving or Jenny. She provided the motivation for Crane. They kinda didn't know what to do with her for a while,but I felt they put her to good use for the most part this season.

Anyway,with Katrina & Henry gone,there really is no personal motivation for Crane going forward. It can only lead to shallow "Let's fight the ghoul of the week- while Abbie & Crane fall for each other" plots, and if that's the case,I'd rather the show end here and now.

Good riddance, Katrina. You *****. Even in death she didn't have a good thing to say to her husband. Instead she reaches for her psycho "daddy didn't love me" maniacal son. Ever since she walked on this show my enjoyment has been decreasing with each successive episode she appeared in. Knowing she may be gone for good makes me extremely happy. It's not even about Abbie and Crane. She was just an awful and ignorant character.

Great finale. I really hope this gets renewed.

They are running out of villains. Now they have only Abraham and the fallen angel whose name I can't remember.

They are running out of villains. Now they have only Abraham and the fallen angel whose name I can't remember.

:o

76178-Ben-Affleck-whens-gon-be-my-ti-jrHk_zps787a19c3.gif

I think the problem they had with Katrina is she was in the way of the shows strongest card, the Abbie and Crane dynamic. I don't mean from a "shipper" POV, I think just from purely a chemistry and entertainment perspective the show is at it's best when they are working together, and Katrina got in the way of that because I don't think many cared about him getting back with her as they just want him to stay in the present in Sleepy Hollow and fight evil with Abbie.

I swear I didn't read your post before using the term Ninja Irving. :funny: Bringing back the Kindred is a great idea, he could come under the command of some new big threat and repalce HH as the physcial enemy for Crane and Abbie. I mean I know HH is pretty much the base of the mythos of Sleepy Hollow in the original story but I think they blunted him this seaosn by giving him a face and trying to add empathy to him. He was best as a Terminator-esque villain.

Katrina would have been fine if they just used her as a regular member of the team, but they just had to place too much of a spotlight on her. The weak love triangle thing with her, Crane, and the Horseman was really bad. They seemed so torn on what to do besides keep her in the limelight when she really would have been best being their supernatural fighter. I think that season 3 could be about them taking on a bunch of evil witches that discovered their powers when the bell rang. Katrina could have played a nice part in that with or without being a villain, but they tried to pull a Vince McMahon and make everyone like her at the expense of all the other characters.

And the poor Kindred is just out there looking for a father. They'll find him one day, and he'll be all the awesomeness they'll ever need.

They could fight witches since they are kinda like the vampires from Blade in this series. There are also angels, but that's way too far into Supernatural territory. An evil cult would come in handy. Jenny also should have some contacts that may want to start something crazy, and they have to take them down. There are so many places they can go now. They've got the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow.

As far as I'm concerned,they pretty much divested the series of any interesting plot lines going forward. (I'm guessing they tried to tie as much of the story up, all but certain of this being the series finale) I guess Headless is still out there? I forget where we left him.

Frankly, Katrina is a pivotal part of the whole thing. That's why it's a slap in the face that she died instead of Irving or Jenny. She provided the motivation for Crane. They kinda didn't know what to do with her for a while,but I felt they put her to good use for the most part this season.

Anyway,with Katrina & Henry gone,there really is no personal motivation for Crane going forward. It can only lead to shallow "Let's fight the ghoul of the week- while Abbie & Crane fall for each other" plots, and if that's the case,I'd rather the show end here and now.

Given how much the majority of fandom hate Katrina (myself included), we're all glad it was her. Thye should've done this early this season and we'd still have Moloch san him and Henry/Jeremy becoming one.

Pushing her the forefront (plus Henry, MysogynyStu Hawley, and sexing up Headless) plus Goffman and co. alienating loyal fans did more harm for the show than good and Walden & Newman weren't amused with the direction either thus why certain episodes were redone and Frank's death was reversed. Goffman really did want Frank and Jenny (Hawley was created to take her place before the network head nixed the idea). dead and also wanted keep Abby in Purgatory longer.

Hate to break it to you but that man and his associates put the show's renewal in jeopardy

There's still the other two horseman of the apocalypse and they can easily resurrect Moloch without now that things got rebooted with Katrina's death

Katrina could have been and was for a time,effectively used as a team player.She had her own outlook and powerset,so she wasn't superfluous. I didn't really like Jenny all that much, though I warmed up to her this season.(I thought she'd have made a good duo with Hawley) Irving is cool,but I think his character has been played out at this point. So,when looking objectively, I still think Katrina had the most potential.

If anything, she should've remained evil for next season,so that they could deal with her in a less rushed manner. (seriously,Crane's whole family died within two episodes)

Anyway, as I said before, Katrina (and to an extent Henry) was a pivotal part in Crane's story. Without that, you lose a lot for him going forward. But, this was probably the end of the show. In any case, it was for me. :shrug:

The actual villain of this show was Crane's attempts at dealing withe repercussions his being thrust forward in time caused his friend and family.

I dont get why yall think they are running out of villains. Molloch isnt the only demon/devil in mythology and there are two other horsemen that havent been introduced. Theyve barely scratched the surface at this point.

Katrina could have been and was for a time,effectively used as a team player.She had her own outlook and powerset,so she wasn't superfluous. I didn't really like Jenny all that much, though I warmed up to her this season.(I thought she'd have made a good duo with Hawley) Irving is cool,but I think his character has been played out at this point. So,when looking objectively, I still think Katrina had the most potential.

If anything, she should've remained evil for next season,so that they could deal with her in a less rushed manner. (seriously,Crane's whole family died within two episodes)

Anyway, as I said before, Katrina (and to an extent Henry) was a pivotal part in Crane's story. Without that, you lose a lot for him going forward. But, this was probably the end of the show. In any case, it was for me. :shrug:

The show and the character of Crane were doing just fine before Katrina came to the present day. She isnt nearly as crucial as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"