Comics Slott's last arc

good riddance... it's looooooooooooooooooong overdue...

I don't think I care one way or another... :csad:

Yeah, whatever. He built things and destroyed them himself, no one needs to undo anything he made thus far. Just a run to be forgotten/ignored or both.
anybody's better than Slott at this point.
Imagine if they offer it to Garth Ennis and he takes the job, the run will be a bigger mess.

Rumor has it Nick Spencer will be taking over. I would've preferred Jason Aaron or Charles Soule, but anybody's better than Slott at this point.

They should have happened years ago. I honestly don't know who I'd want to replace him.

Dan Slott is unequivocally the worst Spider-Man writer. His departure is long overdue.

Dan Slott is unequivocally the worst Spider-Man writer. His departure is long overdue.

I disagree. There are far worse writers. Terry Kavanagh for example. Read his Web of Spider-Man stories from the early 90s. Or Todd McFarlane.

I admit, I hated Regent. He should have stayed in RYV and been forgotten. As for Red Goblin...I don't even want to talk about it.

I disagree. There are far worse writers. Terry Kavanagh for example. Read his Web of Spider-Man stories from the early 90s. Or Todd McFarlane.

I admit, I hated Regent. He should have stayed in RYV and been forgotten. As for Red Goblin...I don't even want to talk about it.

I admittedly have read only a small portion of Slott's Spider-Man, and I certainly have a 90s nostalgic bias, but I'd take Kavanah's Spider-Man stuff over what I've read of Slott's any day. Same with McFarlane.

I admittedly have read only a small portion of Slott's Spider-Man, and I certainly have a 90s nostalgic bias, but I'd take Kavanah's Spider-Man stuff over what I've read of Slott's any day. Same with McFarlane.

Kavanah's writing came from a barf bag.
Slott was great with continuity, and his Spider-Man up til the end of Superior was fantastic.

:yay:

Last edited:
Some people say you should always leave them wanting more. Dan went the other way.

Some people say you should always leave them wanting more. Dan went the other way.

Aloha,
C Priest did 5 years on Black Panther. Not sure why Marvel let any one writer stay on a book for ten.
Spidey rules

His BND stuff while working with the brain trust was alright (probably because he didn't have full control). Did not care for his Big Time Run. Loved his Superior run (despite him not quite sticking the landing) but that's probably because he wasn't writing Peter but rather Doc Ock. Everything after was pretty bad (especially Spider-Verse and Clone Conspiracy).

So overall I haven't been a fan of Slott and his departure was definitely long over due. He should have left when Superior ended. It's kind of sad that the guy got to write the book for so long.

I never really understood the Superior love. I kept hearing how good it was and finally went back and read it. I was mediocre at best for me. Then again, Ock's also been one of my least favorite Spidey villains, so that probably has something to do with it.

ASM_800_CVR.jpg

Since when has the carnage symbiote been able to breathe fire?

Last edited:
I believe the Red Goblin is supposed to be Osborn with the Carnage symbiote.

Aloha,
That's my understanding as well. Not sure he can breathe fire or that's just artistic license.We'll see. Man #800.I've been under the weather the past week and thinking about 800 issues of Amazing just made me feel that much older.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
That's my understanding as well. Not sure he can breathe fire or that's just artistic license.We'll see. Man #800.I've been under the weather the past week and thinking about 800 issues of Amazing just made me feel that much older.
Spidey rules

There's been some speculation that the Red Goblin will be the result of Osborn making a deal with Mephisto to have complete control over the symbiote. It does say in the solicits for the upcoming issues that there's some other mystery behind the red goblin, so who knows.

I never really understood the Superior love. I kept hearing how good it was and finally went back and read it. I was mediocre at best for me. Then again, Ock's also been one of my least favorite Spidey villains, so that probably has something to do with it.

I agree. Superior is mediocre at best. And Ock is one of my favorite villains. It's just another example of Slott degrading Peter.

Aloha,
Yes, Norman is going to bond with carnage. So anything is possible.
Here's one for you
Goblin mashed with carnage equal-Garbage:woot:

Spidey rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"