Sniktsnakt's Art Thread

sniktsnakt

SNIKT
Reaction score
I'm not the best at what I do (That's Wolverine's line), and I'm a writer by practice, birth, and choice, but I thought I'd throw some of my sketches in here. For everyone who actually knows what they're doing out there, I'd love to hear what you think, and suggestions especially!

I'll start with some stuff from a few months ago and work my way up to the present.

Just a quick couple disclaimers. One: I haven't taken an art class since kindergarten, where I failed due to the fact that I couldn't color inside the lines or cut on a straight line. All my art skills have been gained by frequent scribblings in the margins of my math notes and homework.

Secondly: I'm a big Wolverine fan, if you haven't seen me bouncing around these boards already and figured that out. So, yeah. I think I'm pretty much only going to be posting Wolvie here, with maybe a Gambit or so here and there.

So there you go. I hope you enjoy. Again, I'd love to hear back from you all. I'll put the first couple up in just a few minutes, right after they finish uploading onto photobucket.

:)

Last edited:
All right. Here we go. Just a warning: these start out pretty bad, but I think they get much, much better by the end. So keep checking in, even if you don't prefer my starting, simple, cartoonish styles.

First: I drew this one about a year ago--maybe a little more. Took maybe an hour to draw.

The longest part of getting it up here, though, was due to the fact that I had doodled it on graph paper. I hope I got rid of the lines well enough.

1catbirdmanresized.jpg

The second of my Wolverine postings is the intro of a more . . . dunno. Cartoonish era? Starts fading after a time, but it was funny enough I decided to post it anyway.

2dripping.jpg

The next pulls away from cartoonish. Drawn about a year ago. Sorry about the graph paper (I wasn't joking about drawing these on math notes!) :D
4scribblegrey.jpg

Next couple, drawn about . . . eh . . . 6 months ago. Working more on shading and realistic-ness (trying ;))

Not a big fan of the faces and hair yet, though.

5crouchfirst.jpg

5grump-face.jpg

The next was a return to the cartoonish, but I was focusing on working on the hair and the eye.

Don't like the chibi-ness, though. Logan would kill me. :)

6eye.jpg

The next, one that I like to call my "suicidal Wolverine," if that's possible. :D Working more on arms, hands . . . .

7suicidallol.jpg

And another of similar style:
10double-take.jpg

Getting better, I think. I drew these about 6 months ago, I'd say.

Just a couple more before I head to bed.

8kneel.jpg

12stand.jpg

And even though this is a bit early for Halloween, I promise it ends up looking really cool if you carve it into a pumpkin (Yes, my whole apartment complex thought I was crazy, but that's life.). My one adjustment would be to make his sideburns an outline instead of carving them out completely. :D :up:

13pumpkin.jpg

And finally, my real start in the direction towards better stuff. These were probably drawn about . . . eh . . . . 5 months ago. Or something.

Trying for shading, but still not quite there with the proportions and stuff.

11head.jpg

14coat.jpg

Okay, I lied about "just a couple more before going to bed." I just wanna try to get a bit more recent with my style on here.

So here's a couple more. :p

I just had to try the hat, the jacket, and a bit more on shading:
15sit.jpg

And another attempt at Shirtless!Wolvie :-)p). I think the proportions are off on his legs or something.

17crouch.jpg

All right. I'm off to bed. Just going to leave behind a gift dedicated to squeekness, if she ever pops in.

16Gambit-1.jpg

No comments or anything? Okay. I'll just post a few more.

A 5-minute sketch of Spider-man, just to shake things up, followed by another Wolvie on my path to trying to get these things to look like something a real artist could do. I drew these about . . . eh . . . 1 a month and a half ago.

spidey.jpg

And Wolverine again:

18huhredo.jpg

All right. Two more ready to post. I drew these not long after the last two. About a month ago.

20Couch.jpg

And one that I didn't quite finish, but I thought looked nice anyway:

19Grr.jpg

Sweet. See? I am getting better, yes?

:D:D :up:

Great stuff.

I especialy like the perspective attempts and the pics that have incidentals like the cat.

As for suggestions (As if I have an right to suggest...)
I would suggest all the Byrne Hogart books.

Start with drawing figures in deep space.

Keep it up.

Great stuff.

I especialy like the perspective attempts and the pics that have incidentals like the cat.

As for suggestions (As if I have an right to suggest...)
I would suggest all the Byrne Hogart books.

Start with drawing figures in deep space.

Keep it up.

Thanks! :D

. . . Uh, but this might just reveal how I really don't know anything about art. Does drawing figures in deep space mean, like, adding surroundings? Perspective and all that jazz?

If so, I'll start working on that.

Thanks for both the comments and the suggestions! :D

Last for tonight.

Drew this around the same time as the last few--about a month ago.

Improving still, I think.

21Snikt.jpg

Out of the depression from the early leaked movie and in an attempt to keep myself away from my normal circles and all the spoilers flying around, I sat down yesterday and scribbled this up.

And honestly, I was surprised and extremely pleased at how well it turned out.

It took about 2-3 hours, with frequent interruptions to talk to my roommates. And this also happens to be the first picture that I kinda used a reference picture for--though I still made a fair few changes to make it the Wolverine in my head.

Wolvie, this is for you:

Headshotautocorrect.jpg

I played around with the contrast on my computer and thought it looked a little better afterward, so here we go:

headshotlighting-1.jpg

MMmmmmmmmmm.

:D:D:D :)

Okay, I'm throwing a question out there: How in the world do I go about learning how to put color to my drawings? Digitally or otherwise?

Any suggestions?

im really liking your art so far i can definitely see progression

im really liking your art so far i can definitely see progression

Thanks!

I took a step back on trying for realistic style on this last one, just 'cause I was trying to add color--something that I haven't tried since 4th grade, and have never tried on a computer.

Just a quick thing, but it was fun. :)

I used GIMP, which was mentioned in one of these threads. Whoever suggested it (I forget who it was), thanks.

So, yeah. I dedicate this one to movie Deadpool, to what might have been.
DPvWVblurredlines.gif

nice job with the colors. that's something i need to work on myself.

as for gimp, glad you got it :up:
now head on over to the Hype Coloring Book and join in on the fun with us.

Wow. I'd forgotten how long it'd been since I posted here.

I certainly have a whole bunch more pictures to add, so I'll add some tonight and some more tomorrow, since it's getting late on my side of the internet.

To start with, here is my first detailed coloring project I did, followed by a few sketches.

coloredfinished-1.jpg

turning.jpg

NewHeadshot.jpg

Doodles.jpg

Here's just a handful of others--some barely sketches--inspired by my own fanfiction, "The Meaning of Pain."

First we have a scene where Feral!Wolverine first decides to stop running from Weapon X and stand and fight:
stoprunning.jpg

The next takes place around the same time--a sketch of Wolverine tumbling from a helicopter after he guts the controls (and the pilot, but I wasn't going to go there ;). Oh well.)

copterfallsketch.jpg

Next I've got a sketch of one of Wolverine's first real face-to-face meeting with Heather. I was working on a new perspective for this one (I don't think I've ever drawn the back of someone's head), and trying to catch Wolvie's expression. :)

Heather.jpg

To wrap up, we have another sketch from my fanfiction where Wolverine meets with Nick Fury. In the story he's in a bit worse shape than he is in the picture at this point, but I was focusing in trying to incorporate their surroundings and whatnot. Besides the fact that the table is too high, I don't think it turned out all that bad.

wvfury-1.jpg

Any comments are very welcome!

Here's a couple more sketches, followed by a couple colored pics.

Bridgeperspective.jpg

Falling:
falling-1.jpg

Falling Colored:
fallingshading.jpg

Mariko and Wolverine:

sadcolored1.jpg

Just one more sketch for today. I'll stick my most recent ones up tomorrow. :)

Rising.jpg

Well, from the view count of this thread I see that *some* people are popping onto here, so I'll keep posting. :)

Here my most recent drawings--just from these last couple weeks, focusing on texture, and on the other two *perspective* and hands (which I usually try to avoid entirely. ;))

first.jpg

second001.jpg

To end, a WIP inspired by Uncanny X-Men 251:

third-1.jpg

foreshortening looks great on the chained up sketch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"