World So if you could only have 1 of Superman's powers...

Ratcrawler

Superhero
Reaction score
He's got such a rich variety including many that have been forgotten on account of how ridiculous they were. But if you could pick any of the main ones, which would you go with?

Flight, easily. All the other ones are awesome, but you can barely even call yourself a superhero if you can't fly.

flight, most likely. but how fast could i fly compared to, say, my top ground speed or the top ground speed of an olympic athlete? or some other animal like a cheetah?

i might choose speed when all's said & done. with limited invulnerability it wouldn't be to hard to simulate flight without having to worry much about the landing

Flight sPeed would range from floating levitation to around 200 mph if you're adrenaline is pumping. You'd have limited invulnerability to protect you from the g-force, temperature and air pressure and nearly unhindered maneuverability.

The limited invulnerability for supersPeed would be a personal forcefield to protect you from impact of dust particles flying at you at thousands of mph, or if you were to run into a thick, glass wall or some unforseen obstacle. It could even deflect bullets. But it would wear off when you'd slow down to average sPeed. You would also be less susceptable but not immune to extreme temperatures.

The limited invulnerability in superstrength would be durability preventing you from being crushed by the giant objects your lifting and to absorb the impact of landing after leaping tall buildings in a single bound. Though if you land on a bed of nails, that's gonna hurt alot. You know what? Let's throw in tactile-kinesis, which would allow you to pluck a building out of the ground behind your back and not have it break down on you.

As far as actual invulnerability goes, it's a mix between a personal forcefield and an intelligent healing factor. You could shake off the ebola virus and dent the 6-ton guillotine blade that was supposed to decapitate you. You could willfully shut either off temporarily if say yuou wanted to get a haircut or tattoo.

With heat/laser vision, you'd be immune to the extreme temperatures so they wouldn't harm you.

Ditto with super-breath freezing stuff and, like Cyclops, you don't get hurled backwards by the equal and opposite reaction of blowing a small hurricane.

Super-hearing involves a healing factor of your ears so you'll never go deaf.

Last edited:
I wants me some heat vision.

Flight, I would love to fly on my own

Hands down super-strength w limited(how limited?) invulnerability, as super strength along with limited invulnerability is pretty much, excluding running faster than an express train, the original concept of Superman.

Last edited:
X-Ray vision. I'd like to see some nakedness.

Hands down super-strength w limited(how limited?) invulnerability, as super strength along with limited invulnerability is pretty much, excluding running faster than an express train, the original concept of Superman.

Well, you could still get cancer or be burned alive. You're skin would be more durable but not impregable. If you get shot in the stomache while clenching your abs, it'll bruise for a bit but if you get shot their while sleeping, you could die.

Flight.
But Superspeed ... mmmh so close. I had to choose one, so Flight. But Superspeed is neat.

I'd chose flight but without being invulnerable, it wouldn't work...So Probably invulnerability...

I would want the Superspeed. that would be my frist pick
2. Heatvision
3. Invulnerableity

flight. i'd love to fly through the clouds and sit up in the sky during sunset

Super speed. For a selfish reason; I would love to see all Earth's beauty in my lifetime.

Flight without invulnerabilty doesn't work. You'd probably freeze to death all the time and your body would'nt be able to take the force of the wind.

For me it would have to be flight hands down.

This is a hard one for me. I'd like to have superhearing only being if that I am extremely nosy...

Flight!

I always wanted to fly like a bird, like an eagle over the mountains and forests. I used to have lots of dreams of flying; I was even able to feel the wind on my face. :yay:

I wish I could dream like that again.

Flight without invulnerabilty doesn't work. You'd probably freeze to death all the time and your body would'nt be able to take the force of the wind.
You wouldn't have to (or maybe even be able to) fly so high or fast that this would be an issue. Look at skydivers, hang-gliders, and those wingsuit things. People "fly" all the time without experiencing the effects you mention.

It's so hard! Invulnerability let's you get away with anything. But flight must be beautiful as a power.

TinkerBell flies:cwink:

Give me super-strength.

You wouldn't have to (or maybe even be able to) fly so high or fast that this would be an issue. Look at skydivers, hang-gliders, and those wingsuit things. People "fly" all the time without experiencing the effects you mention.
No flights to space and look at the Earth? That would be so sad :(

Flight + invulnerability= Makes me very happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"