Someone fill me in on Prison Break

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
I missed the first few episodes, so I figured I'd rent the DVDs and get caught up then watch Season 2. It never happened unfortunately. With 24 starting back up though and Prison Break being it's lead in, I'd really like to get into it. Can someone please tell me everything I need to know to understand Prison Break?

All i can tell you is, that you've been missing one yell of a show Matt! ALMOST as addictive as 24. I'll post some facts later, i'm heading for an early night.....

Prison Break is a god among TV shows. :up:
You missed alot, Matt.

I can type all of it.
Read Wiki's summaries on Season 2, so far. :up:

They broke out of Prison and now they don't know where they're going with the show.

I missed the first few episodes, so I figured I'd rent the DVDs and get caught up then watch Season 2. It never happened unfortunately. With 24 starting back up though and Prison Break being it's lead in, I'd really like to get into it. Can someone please tell me everything I need to know to understand Prison Break?
It started out like Oz in season 1. Now in season 2 it's like "The fugitive" times 4.

They broke out of Prison and now they don't know where they're going with the show.

Hahah, those were my exact thoughts. Thats how I feel about it too. Its not as good as everyone likes to make it out to be.

They have cliffhangers that would make most shows' cliffhangers look like an ending of a Barney episode. Great characters, some that you love, some that you love to hate. It has the humourous moments that 24 lacks. It is like 24 where the believability is relaxed (like that body tattoo that Michael has would take too long to finish before he went to prison) and if you go into it knowing that and accepting it you should enjoy it. Still have time to rent the DVDs.

Ok, I've been reading up on Wikipedia. Here is what I've gathered:

Michael's brother Lincoln was framed for the assassination of the Vice-President (now President)'s brother who is in reality alive. She may or may not have also assassinated the President.

They framed Lincoln because Lincoln and Michael's father knew too much about Ecofield's dealings with "The Company" (who from what I gather is more or less the Illuminati). The father is working for an anti-"The Company" group.

Michael managed to break out Lincoln and 8 other convicts and they are on the run trying to get to Utah to recover Westmoreland's money and then leave the country. However, they are being chased by Special Agent Mahone, who was recently shot by the President's body guard Kellerman who wants to help Michael and Lincoln.

Does that about sum it up?

Yup! now they are with Kellerman and could be working together to prove lincons incense.

I think its a really good show but they might fall into the trap lost is in by running it out way to long

Yup! now they are with Kellerman and could be working together to prove lincons incense.

And Kellerman tried to kill Lincoln's son and Michael's girlfriend.

One of the more main points left out is they found Westmoreland's cash, a character named T-Bag has it.

That is a very broad overview of what's happened so far and only really concerns the two main characters, of the "Fox River 9" (the escapee's) 4 besides Michael and Linc are still out there and they get a fair amount of screen time as well.

It's a pretty interesting series, the producers had two seasons mapped out before season 1 started, so they definitely knew where they wanted to go this season. It's definitely a good show to watch before 24, gets the heart pumping.

Ok, I've been reading up on Wikipedia. Here is what I've gathered:

Michael's brother Lincoln was framed for the assassination of the Vice-President (now President)'s brother who is in reality alive. She may or may not have also assassinated the President.

They framed Lincoln because Lincoln and Michael's father knew too much about Ecofield's dealings with "The Company" (who from what I gather is more or less the Illuminati). The father is working for an anti-"The Company" group.

Michael managed to break out Lincoln and 8 other convicts and they are on the run trying to get to Utah to recover Westmoreland's money and then leave the country. However, they are being chased by Special Agent Mahone, who was recently shot by the President's body guard Kellerman who wants to help Michael and Lincoln.

Does that about sum it up?
Westmoreland was E.B. Cooper. The place where he buried the money 30 odd years ago had a house sitting on it. Michael, Lincon, and the rest pulled a home invasion to try and get it, they failed. Also LJ (Lincon's son) was framed for killing his mother and her boyfriend. They also tried to break him out of juvee, and failed.

Westmoreland was E.B. Cooper. The place where he buried the money 30 odd years ago had a house sitting on it. Michael, Lincon, and the rest pulled a home invasion to try and get it, they failed. Also LJ (Lincon's son) was framed for killing his mother and her boyfriend. They also tried to break him out of juvee, and failed.

Regarding LJ isn't he currently in his grandfather's agency's custody?

Regarding LJ isn't he currently in his grandfather's agency's custody?

Yes. At one point he was a fugitive with no shoes in the streets of Chicago because of Kellerman and the US government. 24 and Commander in Chief just beat out Prison Break in having an [BLACKOUT]evil[/BLACKOUT] and female president.

Yes. At one point he was a fugitive with no shoes in the streets of Chicago because of Kellerman and the US government. 24 and Commander in Chief just beat out Prison Break in having an [BLACKOUT]evil[/BLACKOUT] and female president.

Am I right about The Company being an illiuminati type group? I couldn't find much on them. And if so, who is Michael's father working for?

wait, time out. Kellerman seems like a prick. Why is he helping Michael then?

We have no idea, after he killed the agent he uttered the words something like "The president screwed me over and screwed you over and shes got whats coming to her and im going to help you.... know come on!" and they ran out of the tunnel and it faded to black

After Kellerman failed to kill Sara Tancredi (Doctor at the prison, daughter of the deceased Ill. Governor and she knows about the plot to frame Linc), the government basically erased his entire existence (went so far as to delete his image in pictures) and were planning to kill him. Basically now the only thing Kellerman can do is work with Linc and Michael to "out" the conspiracy.

Alright, Wikipedia said Kellerman and the President have a past and Kellerman calls her by her first name...is that significant?

Not really Kellerman works as part of the Company and was formerly in charge of the whole setting Linc up to take the fall. As far as we know they were never "involved", just business associates.

Did both Kellerman and his partner both have side families?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"