Songs that are rip-offs of other songs

Didn't someon say that Teen Spirit was an imitation of The Pixies?
well, if you listen to "Smells Like Teen Spirit", it basically sounds like your regular Pixies song, so while some may call it a rip off, other might say it's just inspiration

^The Flaming Lips should be sued. They suck.

Gwen Stefani - That song that uses the puppet song from The Sound of Music.

I would have to say most mainstream rap.
ohyeah.gif

Didn't someon say that Teen Spirit was an imitation of The Pixies?
It rips off Bostons-More then a feeling quite a bit.

Or at least the intro. I can't really remember, I lost my hearing aid.

Gwen Stefani - That song that uses the puppet song from The Sound of Music.
she's acknowledged that she used the music from the Sound of Music.
I'm not saying it's a good song, but she did it intentionally, because she likes the Sound of Music.

they really aren't any good, or is it a he?
They remade Bohemian Rhapsody for a Queen tribute album, and they massacred it.
They can't sing worth crap, and their version, like their other songs, left me completely bored.

rammstein's du hast is a rip off of ministry's just one fix

there's this song by the white stripes that sounds to me like " rock around the clock" slowed down, "We're Going To Be Friends" :down

yeah...I don't care how many b-list frontmen he beats to a pulp after that.
it's just not believable.

there's this song by the white stripes that sounds to me like " rock around the clock" slowed down, "We're Going To Be Friends" :down

i dont know about that one. but if you want to bring a questionable stripes song into this discussion, listen to 'lets shake hands' and then listen to the flat duo jets 'john law'.

I really hate his soft side. :down

:cmad:

also, i forget the exact songs, but my friend who's a zeppelin fanatic told me about their constant pillaging of howlin' wolf. and speaking of pillaging, wolfmother are constantly ripping off zeppelin and black sabbath...and to some degree, the stripes.

What:huh:They aren't as good as everyone thinks.
The singer can't sing, why haven't you people noticed this?

• Because he can sing
  • Because we're too busy being amazed by the incredible audio sex that is The Flaming Lips

okay, I need to chime into this discussion.
you are correct speedball the Guy from Flaming Lips can't "sing"in a Kelly Clarkson sort of way, he is not a "competent" singer under that category.
the thing we're lloking for is, does he convey the feeling of a given song through his othewise "bad" singing voice?
I'm my case, he does.
and I find more sentiment in 15 of his songs that I could find in the entire Mariah Carey catalogue, when she is infact a great "singer" from a technical standpoint.

Fuel's "Falls on Me" kinda sounds like Collective Soul's "Heavy".

The Alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"