Songs they should use for The Batman (2021)

Black Sabbath is for Iron Man :whatever:

XOZumtX.gif

Not even gonna lie, I'd have no issues with this. For "walking out of the theatre" music, this'd be a banger.

I can genuinely imagine that playing in the flight suit scene we've seen from set pictures, maybe as a setup to the finale of the movie if that's where it'll be. Him jumping off at 2:27 and beginning to glide would be god-tier

Everything after the 1 min 22 second mark would fit so perfectly with the next trailer.

Movie studios reuse trailer music all the time tho... how many times did you hear All Star by Smash Mouth in a trailer for a kids film?

Wait...
That's it.

I think that mainstream or semi-mainstream songs will be limited to trailers and TV spots. The film itself will have wholly instrumental music.

Normally I’d agree, but “Something in the Way” worked too damn well in the trailer.

Make that song to Batman what “Extreme Ways” was to Bourne.

Movie studios reuse trailer music all the time tho... how many times did you hear All Star by Smash Mouth in a trailer for a kids film?

Wait...
That's it.

I had no idea someone actually did this. I was going to lol

Oh man, love Gary Numan! It was, ironically, a fan video someone cut to that song for Batman Begins many years back that got me into him actually.

Normally I’d agree, but “Something in the Way” worked too damn well in the trailer.

Make that song to Batman what “Extreme Ways” was to Bourne.

I'm not gonna lie, there's definitely a scenario in my mind playing out where the last scene of movie is set to the verse of the song. Cuts to credits when the chorus kicks in, with full orchestral accompaniment.

But I also am hoping Giacchino carves out a unique musical identity in the score that is enough to carry it, and eventually we'll just look back on the first trailer as a cool marketing strategy that was awesome the one time. Plus, being a Nirvana fan, there's something that feels a bit weird to me about that song in particular becoming a recurring anthem associated with a big blockbuster superhero franchise. Even if it does happen to be the darkest and moodiest of comic book heroes. I'm not sure how Kurt would've felt about that.

Same here but I already knew him before with Cars.

The funny thing for me was I always liked Cars but didn't know who it was by- that video opened for me to explore his other, newer stuff.

Same here but I already knew him before with Cars.

Man I miss those old school tributes from pre 2010 that were actually good

They had a certain style to them I don't see anymore

I didn't realize someone already posted it lol. The one the person did for TDK is great too :

I guess to sort of get back to the subject of Nu Metal, maybe I could offer... Pseudo-Nu ? Or Proto-Nu? It's often a debate on whether or not these guys were ever really Nu. Le Deftones. These songs in particular are richly dark enough for it

Last edited:
I guess to sort of get back to the subject of Nu Metal, maybe I could over... Pseudo-Nu ? Or Proto-Nu? It's often a debate on whether or not these guys were ever really Nu. Le Deftones. These songs in particular are richly dark enough for it

I've always been a Seal "Kiss From a Rose" fan.It would be nice to see Matt Reeves with Michael Giancchino do a rendition of that for this film.

I've always been a Seal "Kiss From a Rose" fan.It would be nice to see Matt Reeves with Michael Giancchino do a rendition of that for this film.
Well, that's ... Uuuh... Kinda totally unrelated to my proposal, but... Cool lol

Maybe they'll go contemporary for the next trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"