Sony Pictures Plans Gran Turismo

This still sounds like a decent idea. Like just a fun sports movie. At least they're not doing something weird with the premise like adding aliens ala Battleship. And the cast is pretty good so far. Could be a cool lowstakes movie. The smart thing to do would to be to focus on the practical FX and go all out with that. I think that really helped Top Gun. Not saying this can be as big as TG2 but still would be more successful than if this is just a huge CGI fest.

I still have very little faith in Blomkamp tho. Within the studio system and even on his own, his movies haven't been hitting like that

Probably for the best.
RSDHkSK.jpg

If they were gonna make another Tron movie that window closed a long time ago. Remember it almost was about to happen but Disney canceled when it looked like they were gearing up principal photography in Canada. They dragged their feet way too long.

A time for a direct sequel has passed but it is about to enter nostalgia time lapse range so it could still very much happen at some point.

A time for a direct sequel has passed but it is about to enter nostalgia time lapse range so it could still very much happen at some point.

I have no interest in a follow-up that doesn't continue what we got before or has Jared Leto.

David Harbour Talks 'Gran Turismo' Film Adaptation and Working with Director Neill Blomkamp

During the interview with Harbour, Weintraub brought up Gran Turismo as part of the large list of projects that the actor has on his plate in the future. When talking about Blomkamp, he said that it has been a joy to work with him, saying, "Neill is so cool and such a good director that it's really been a joy to work on this movie, and this movie's going to be... Talk about not what you expect, with him at the helm there's a visceralness to this movie, to this video game world that is so cool. I can't wait for you to see this movie." The two also talked about how cool it is for the story's plot to be based on a true story, with Harbour saying, "Yeah. Sim racing, man, who knew? Those guys are incredible."

Honestly if it were Tom Cruise behind it I’d have more faith. This seems like his kind of movie

Is it weird that Ginger Spice is the only reason I’m mildly interested in this?

yeah it looks really good I am so gonna see this one

Is it weird that Ginger Spice is the only reason I’m mildly interested in this?
No. Honestly I'm such a big Spice Girls fan (my first love in music). I still keep up with them despite having no new music since 2007. And this is the first time any one of them is appearing in a blockbuster Hollywood movie. Ginger Spice haven't released a new album in over 15 years as well. So this is a bit a big moment for her. Baby and Sporty released a solo album in 2019/20. Posh is highly popular and Scary has appeared in a lot of reality competition shows. Ginger finally is getting her spot in the spotlight once again.

Hmm, this has better names attached than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"