The Official Gran Turismo Thread

Reaction score
Searched and couldn't fine one so here we we are!

Discuss everything Gran Turismo.

Personally, the big thing for me on every Playstation console is the GT series... have owned every single one! I'm going to be buying GT5 next year in March (hopefully) with a good old racing wheel :)

I'm looking forward to GT5 myself. I agree that they have always been a big thing and to not own it would be something unusual... the current game is alright but I need the full fix.

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo HD (PS3 Demo)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Gran Turismo 5

GT5 will be my 2nd GT actually. I bought 3 and really liked it, but never bought any more on the PS2 because I was more into action games. Nowadays though, my tastes are a bit wider, so I'm planning to pick this up.

That and the fact the Top Gear track is in it.

You Will Like Gran Turismo 5’s Release Date

Don’t tell anyone, but GTPlanet has learned the tentative release date for Gran Turismo 5 through an unofficial but extremely reliable source. Since the date has not been officially published and Sony could still change it at their leisure, we will not be saying anything specific to keep from eating an unhealthy dose of crow. What we can say, however, is that a 2009 release is almost certain, and the much-publicized Amazon.com date of December 29, 2009 is incorrect. As it stands at the moment, it is likely the official date will be announced at GamesCom Cologne during Sony’s August 18th press conference. Stay tuned for more information, and remember: he’s making a list and checking it twice…
http://www.gtplanet.net/you-will-like-gran-turismo-5s-release-date/

This plus a possible Slim/price reduction would make a killing for Sony this Christmas. I can't wait to play this game.

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo HD (PS3 Demo)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Gran Turismo 5

You forgot about GT for the PSP!!!:o:oldrazz::D:up:

Just got back from a Sony showcase a few blocks from Kotaku's NYC office. Heading back over there post-haste. Had a few minutes to try to wreck a car in Gran Turismo 5 and learn about the game's head-tracking.
A Sony representative was showing Polyphony Digital's upcoming PlayStation 3 racing game, and let me drive a couple of laps around a city track. What does me, a non Gran Turismo player do? Fall into last place and start bumping into walls.
My Audi TT took no damage even as I bashed it against the wall. The Sony rep explained to me that damage for that car wasn't in the demo. Damage was being shown on a Subaru WRC Impreza, the same virtual car McWhertor wrecked in Germany.
I smacked the Subaru into walls until its doors were flying open and its fenders were scratched. The Sony man took over and got the bumper to nearly fall off. He said he's gotten the hood knocked off too and that beneath these busted bits Polyphony has rendered the innards of the car. We'll be able to see behind the damage.
And it's not just cosmetic damage, I was told. The car's performance will be impaired if the vehicle is roughed up. Gears might not shift as well, for example.
The other stand-out feature I was told about was head-tracking. The game will support the PlayStation 3 camera, the PlayStation Eye. While one wasn't hooked up at today's event, it was explained that the device will track a player's head movements. The goal is for the depth-of-field focal point far down the track to shift, matching your head movement. What you look at will be appear more clearly, in theory. So as you look a little to the right, the right part of what you see beyond your car may come more sharply into focus. But the car itself won't turn with your head, of course.
The Sony rep explained that Polyphony's goal is for players to feel like they are experiencing what real racers see. He noted that the feature was still a work in progress and couldn't offer more details about how it works. From his gestures, I suspect the head-tracking will be responsive more to leans than to head turns, the latter of which obviously would make it hard to see the TV.
With neither the head-tracking incorporated into this demo nor the performance effects of the car damage evident to a series novice like myself, I can't judge either feature. But they sound like the attention to deal the series is respected for.
Gran Turismo is slated for a PS3 release some time next year

http://kotaku.com/5421939/speedy-gr...ons-bumper-falls-off-heads-theoretically-turn

Sounds cool.

So I downloaded the Demo yesterday and was having a tough time turning the car. I mean i would barely move the Analog stick to the left and the car would just spin out of control. It got really frustrating. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Actual GT5 news! This is from the new OPM.

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
- Night racing for all tracks

- All cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)
- Not only will it have Nascar, but also IRL Indy cars as well.

Hit the jump for pics from the magazine. Includes new night time shots.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124196

Last edited:
So I downloaded the Demo yesterday and was having a tough time turning the car. I mean i would barely move the Analog stick to the left and the car would just spin out of control. It got really frustrating. Is anyone else having the same problem?

the latest time trial demo is set to professional physics. which is as realistic as the game gets and is designed for use with a stearing wheel and pedels. using a controller on that demo is a lot harder. if you're not used to simulation racing games on top of that it'll be difficult. i spun out loads of times playing GT1 before i got used to that. then had to adapt to analog stearing for GT3. breaking is real important. breaking while turning is a big no no mostly. the original GT came with a manual that explained drifting and slow in fast out cornering to help aclimatise console gamers to simulation racing.

The Cover.

500x_gt5_cover_01.jpg

That's the awesome Mercedes SLS AMG. Can't wait for this game.

The Cover.

500x_gt5_cover_01.jpg

That's the awesome Mercedes SLS AMG. Can't wait for this game.

I love this cover, it's like the game itself is telling me "hey come on in and take me for a test drive" lol!!!:awesome::up:

GT5 just got pushed back a month. It will be released in Japan sometime in April now. EU and US dates are still unkown.

Sucks about the release date. They better have something really special planned because they are pissing alot of money away holding this game back

Used to own GT 1 and 2 for the ps1 never got a ps2 so i didnt play the rest.

But i cant wait to get back in the drivers seat again!

Rumors are going around that it could be a September release for EU and US. I would not mind that at all. Everything was so grouped together in the first quarter. It gives me and my wallet some breathing room.

That’s right. At the Sony E3 press conference today at the Shrine Auditorium, SCEA President & CEO Jack Tretton unveiled a jaw-dropping showpiece trailer of Gran Turismo 5 that disclosed the big news – GT5 is officially coming on November, 2, 2010.

As you can expect from any Gran Turismo game, GT5 will be bigger and better than ever, including everything from 950+ cars to a new and improved online component with expansive community features and custom race lobbies. Before you head off to pre-order the game that every racing fan is going to be playing, you’ll need to decide which version you’re going to get: the standard edition or the limited Collector’s Edition. And if you’re a true Gran Turismo fan, of course you’ll want to pick up the Collector’s Edition.
Gran Turismo doesn’t cut corners, and neither does this Collector’s Edition. It’s packed full of must-have items that were picked and designed for true car lovers: an exclusive 1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V, an in-depth 300-page car guide, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging. And you get all that for $99.99 MSRP.

The included diecast car is an exclusive 1:43 scale 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with a custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho, who have been making some of the best collectible diecast cars for over 20 years. The 300+ page exclusive Collector’s Edition book from Polyphony Digital will be essential reading for GT fans, containing everything from the history of the automobile, to driving techniques, professional racing tips, car and engine basics and tuning know-how, and reference data about Gran Turismo 5. I want to warn you that the Collector’s Edition has a limited run, so pre-order it quickly if you want to guarantee your copy.

The exciting pre-order program for Gran Turismo 5 offers exclusive and beautiful in-game cars as bonuses, including the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1, and more. Each car features an exclusive and stylish Gran Turismo-themed “stealth” livery custom-designed by Polyphony Digital, with select performance upgrades over the standard versions of the cars available in the game. Pre-orders offers will be coming soon at participating retailers for both the standard and Collector’s Edition versions.

In the coming months leading up to launch, we’ll be sharing new game features and new cars and tracks. In case you missed it, be sure to go check out the full-length version of the GT retrospective trailer that debuted here on the PS blog. For those of you who fondly remember GT, this one’s for you.
Keep checking the Gran Turismo website for the latest screenshots, detailed information on the game, and other Gran Turismo-related news.

I've had this pre-ordered a long time, but I ran down to Gamestop to see if the Collectors Edition was up, but sadly not yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Does anyone know the name of the song from the latest trailer!?

I've tried playing gt games in the past, but it seems sim racers are not my thing, I'm more of an arcade racer person

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"