South Park to rip on Family Guy tomorrow night (04/05/06)

When I saw part one, all I kept thinking was that even though Family Guy does suck, South Park is really in no position to be insulting another show, considering how preachy and crappy it's gotten. But then, to my surprise, South Park poked fun at itself for those exact reasons in part two, which was refreshing. But I really do hope somebody would rip on South Park the way they always rip on everyone else. I mean, I'm all for making fun of people, but on South Park, ALL they ever do is rag on people for their opinions and they NEVER state any of their own.

Sun_Down said:
ALL they ever do is rag on people for their opinions and they NEVER state any of their own.

Really Southpark is obviously a libertarian show.

In fact its painfully obvious they're expressing libertarian beliefs.

And Southpark would probably rip themselves better than either Family Guy or the Simpsons anyway.

Wesyeed said:
Yay for Fountainhead avy! I enjoyed that read.

Yup Howard Roark is the man. And I'm pretty sure the Southpark writers read the book as well.

Pksoze said:
Really Southpark is obviously a libertarian show.

In fact its painfully obvious they're expressing libertarian beliefs.

And Southpark would probably rip themselves better than either Family Guy or the Simpsons anyway.

Well put.
Seriously, if I was a writer for an animated show, I wouldn't pick on South Park, because they're the kings of lowbrow.
That is, unless they singled me out first (like Family Guy); I would love for their writers to throw in a jab. Makes for good television :D

It's easy. Just break the unwritten rule that "All jokes should be essential to the plot" ;)

Addendum said:
It's easy. Just break the unwritten rule that "All jokes should be essential to the plot" ;)

LMAO. So true.

I can see it now: "You think that's bad....What about that one time I was on South Park...." :D
Oh, the possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"