South Park to rip on Family Guy tomorrow night (04/05/06)

miller man

Civilian
Reaction score
Over on their website, they give a synopsis of how Kyle loves Family Guy but Cartman hates it, and the two travel across the country with the show's fate in their hands. :up:

This should be pretty vicious. Trey and Matt have made it no secret that they despise the show and Seth McFarlane himself. I'm a fan of both shows, but I have to appreciate any satire Parker and Stone want to dish out. Guess we'll see tomorrow night.

Any other thoughts?

South Park has sucked big time for the past two seasons, and this shows that it is running out of ideas. :down:

Family guy is way better than south park will ever be!!!

South Park is full of s***.

:D

Welcome to the hype PrimeTime. Your first post in my thread. How cool.

And Harleen, I agree somewhat. I think you're being a tad harsh, but yes, they do seem to be running out of ideas. Thing is, didn't The Simpsons parody Family Guy, and Seth later said he was proud they did? Somehow I don't think he'll be saying the same thing about South Park.

miller man said:
This should be pretty vicious. Trey and Matt have made it no secret that they despise the show and Seth McFarlane himself.

The following was taken from this website... Interview w/ Trey and Matt

What's the meanest thing ever said to you before, during or after a gig?
MS: When people say to me, “God, you guys have one of the best shows on television. You and Family Guy.” That ****ing hurts so bad.
TP: Very well said. It's such a kick in the balls. And the other one is, “Oh my God, it's those guys from BASEketball.” Which happens a lot.
Yeah. They were very clear in their reason why they hate Family Guy.

HarleenQuinzel said:
South Park has sucked big time for the past two seasons, and this shows that it is running out of ideas. :down:

I wouldn't say that. Seasons eight and nine haven't been their strongest, but they've still had some pretty good episodes. And it's still better than The Simpsons.

I can't wait to see this

Sounds like they're jealous that Family Guy is superior. :(

I love South Park,but when a show has to resort to this stupid crap it shows that it needs to go back to square one.

Sabretooth said:
Sounds like they're jealous that Family Guy is superior. :(

I don't think Family Guy is superior. I like both shows, amd while both aren't quite what they used to be, I think Family Guy is far from superior.

Sabretooth said:
I love South Park,but when a show has to resort to this stupid crap it shows that it needs to go back to square one.

You know, it might be funny.

I liked South Park before they started having a serious message in their shows.

I'm pretty sure, "You know, I've learned something today..." has been going on for ages.

And when South Park originally did it, they were mocking the shows that had to have a message at the end.

Then South Park actually started to have a serious message at the end. I'm not sure exactly when they started doing that, but at least for me the show became less funny

The Question said:
I don't think Family Guy is superior. I like both shows, amd while both aren't quite what they used to be, I think Family Guy is far from superior.
Why's that?

I just don't think it's a superior show. I like it, but I don't think it's superior.

I love both shows but FG is nothing but the same jokes recycled over and over again...granted its funny but there's gonna come a time when the "monkey in the closet" is gonna get lame.

South Park I enjoy b/c they like to attack what's going on at that very moment..their ability to create a show within days of a big controversy/issue makes is pretty cool.

Again, I love both shows but IMHO SP is superior...

South Park hasn't been bad. Last two episodes were great.

I like both shows, but I'm looking forward to this episode.

Maybe it will be like the east coast west coast rap wars with both shows mocking each other.

That would be pretty funny.

It's only a matter of time when South Park starts parodying Drawn Together on the same network.

:up: :up:
LostSon88 said:
I love both shows but FG is nothing but the same jokes recycled over and over again...granted its funny but there's gonna come a time when the "monkey in the closet" is gonna get lame.

South Park I enjoy b/c they like to attack what's going on at that very moment..their ability to create a show within days of a big controversy/issue makes is pretty cool.

Again, I love both shows but IMHO SP is superior...

Family Guy is just riding on jokes they came up with in the first few seasons. Greased up deaf guy for example. He's been used what? 5 times in the newer seasons? Also, old pop culture references seem to get cheap laughs (Mainly because of 80s nostalgia morons).

I like Family Guy. It's a good show. But South Park is a GREAT one and Family guy isn't really fit to lick it's boots.

And there are so many people who like Family Guy right now because it's the "cool" thing to like. where were all these people back when it was on the air originally? I watched it back then but none of these other Hot Topic posers did.

I hope South Park rips them a new one. I like Family Guy but it is way, WAY overhyped and nowhere near the brilliance of it's original 3 seasons(before the resurrection).

HAHAH South Park is way better than Family Guy.

Family Guy is still rehashing its old material. SP seems to keep it fresh, funny and current all the time. The season 10 premiere was brilliant and really got back at all that scientologist bullcrap and issac hayes leaving.

:up:

Darthkush said:
And there are so many people who like Family Guy right now because it's the "cool" thing to like. where were all these people back when it was on the air originally? I watched it back then but none of these other Hot Topic posers did.

In college, and watching it every Sunday with my room-mate. At the end of each episode we were in tears from laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"