Sequels Spider-Man 3: Kevin Smith Shares Daredevil Rumor

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
https://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/spider-man-far-from-home-netflix-daredevil-easter-egg-1178058-1280x0.jpeg
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been a bit unclear about whether or not it includes the characters who have previously been introduced on the small screen. Netflix, among other networks and streaming services, was home to a handful of Marvel heroes who all seem to have been cut from the MCU as Disney launched a streaming service of their own with an onslaught of shows on the schedule featuring characters previously introduced in the movies (plus, some new ones). However, one rumor shared by geek icon Kevin Smith has fans excited about the possible return of a beloved character from the Netflix pocket of the Marvel world.

"I heard another piece of good f-ckin' news," Smith said on his FatMan Beyond podcast. "Did you hear that Spider-Man, the new Spider-Man movie, gonna have a lawyer in it? Charlie Cox, they're bringing in as Matt Murdock. That's been the rumor online and they say that's like the one that like Marvel's like god damn it how did that get out?"

What do you think is it true?
Would you like to see Cox's Daredevil in the MCU?

It's an easy thing to speculate. I'm desperate for it to be true, but it's obvious enough that I could have thought of it so I'm tr eating this rumor cautiously.

Kevin Smith hears a lot of things.

Plus, he's already released a subsequent tweet where he states that he just read this on the internet.

There's a report that this movie and the She-Hulk series were set to film around the same time. The speculation is that it would be Jennifer Walters, not Matt Murdock, who defends Peter Parker. I'd be disappointed if that's true, but it makes a lot of sense and fits better with the tone and style of those Spider-Man movies.

Kevin Smith is a good dude but he reminds me of my friend who texts me every month or so about how the X-men are going to be in End Game/Tobey and Andrew have signed on for a live-action Spider-verse movie/Silver Surfer has a cameo in Eternals.

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is :oldrazz:

idk if there is anything to either of those rumors, but, using the plot setting involving a lawyer to introduce Jennifer's character for her upcoming spine-off show seems more likely then them bring back a character from a dead franchise (which had a smaller audience) it would mostly only be done as fan services (as their are probably no plan on re-use the character anytime soon) so from their POV using Jennifer over Matt makes since... even if a little disappointing/ or anti-climatic for some of us fan of the Spidey/Dare Devils crossovers

There's a report that this movie and the She-Hulk series were set to film around the same time. The speculation is that it would be Jennifer Walters, not Matt Murdock, who defends Peter Parker. I'd be disappointed if that's true, but it makes a lot of sense and fits better with the tone and style of those Spider-Man movies.

I think She-Hulk would be a poor crossover choice. Matt Murdock works as Peter's lawyer cause of the shared history between the characters. She-Hulk just doesn't have that. Tony and Fury both have history with the character in comics, so their presence in the films made sense. Jennifer is a great character, but I'd rather see her pop up where she makes more logical sense. If she end up being the crossover character, she would easily be the weakest of the series ink regards to my excitement level. Conversely, Daredevil would be possibly even cooler than Fury or Stark to me.

This Spider-Man is far more Avengers-connected. The comics connection doesn't matter as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"