RUMOR: Marvel Studios Considering Deadpool MCU Debut in Spider-Man 3

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by jolldan, May 27, 2019.

1. jolldan

jolldan Registered

RUMOR: Marvel Studios Considering Deadpool MCU Debut in Spider-Man 3
    [​IMG]

new rumor suggests Deadpool might first appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe during Tom Holland's third Spider-Man solo film.

According to MCU Cosmic, Marvel Studios is looking at three possible ways to introduce Deadpool to its cinematic universe. The first two ways see the Merc With a Mouth debuting in either his own solo movie or a Disney+ series. However, the possibility of him "guest-starring" in the sequel to Spider-Man: Far From Home is also being considered. MCU Cosmic makes clear, at this time, these rumors are unconfirmed.

At this time, it's not totally clear how Marvel Studios will integrate Deadpool following his acquisition from 21st Century Fox. Disney CEO Bob Iger has said there's a possibility Wade Wilson's solo films will remain Rated-R. However, there's no guarantee Marvel won't opt for its standard PG-13 rating, despite the foul-mouthed hero's popularity.

Many fans have wanted to see Deadpool and Spider-Man interacting. The Merc With a Mouth and Wallcrawler have teamed up frequently in the comics. A sequel to Far From Home hasn't been announced yet, but it seems likely the film will happen at some point in the future, as Spider-Man is one of the franchise's most recognizable and beloved characters.

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

MCU Cosmic. Oh, from Mr. Manabyte, eh? The same person who had a 'most reliable' source say the title for Avengers 4 was Annihilation?

I'll wait for someone else to give conformation to what is, in fact, a rumor right now.

Hello2016 likes this.
  3. Random490

Random490 Registered

To be fair, reliable sources can still be inaccurate. I doubt Marvel has any concrete plans yet for X-men and the F4 outside of a potential window of a release date. Plus with the Sony partnership up for renewal I'm betting a lot of ideas are getting thrown around. I would be surprise if an executive was pitching that as an idea to get the other suits excited, because Deadpool is a valuable brand and of course to add that to another valuable brand = more money. Or so they may think.

So it's way too early to give any rumors involving X-men any weight. Once SDCC comes around we'll have a clearer picture of post-endgame movies and a better idea of when they'll be integrated.

4. Zarex

Zarex Registered

If true, that would be a nice incentive for Sony to sign a deal extension.

5. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Registered

Keep in mind this guy has been known to be wrong. And a legit leaker who leaked endgame's plot months ahead of time said Deadpool 3 in Spidey 3 is not a thing (disputing his claim). The leaker also says that Sony desperately wants Venom in Spidey 3. The original deal was for 5 movies. That may be a requirement from Sony to renew the deal. Interesting times ahead.

Iceman and psylockolussus like this.
  6. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

The fact that we're starting to get rumours about a Spider-Man 3 is a good sign. Hopefully they confirm an amended deal at comic-con.

7. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Registered

We were gonna get rumors about it at this point (give or take a few months) regardless. The fact that it seems that Sony is requiring Venom in Spidey 3 is a bad sign IMO.

I want to reiterate that a deal can be signed (Disney is not a stranger to complicated deals a la 2015 Spidey one or 2019 Hulu one). When you think about the BATNA from both Sony and DIsney is to just focus on Spider man rogue and X-Men/FF/Avengers respectively then you realize that a deal may not be extended.

Best option would be Apple/Amazon/Netflix buys Columbia with Disney as a partner. Disney acquires all Marvel rights (past, present, and future) and AAN gets everything else.

8. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

This seems unlikely, considering how committed Iger has been to keeping Deadpool's solo movies R-Rated. I can't imagine Disney greenlighting a R-Rated character crossing over with Spider-man.

9. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I don't want to see Deadpool in a Spider-Man film or a mcu film anytime soon (like 5 years from now).

10. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

Thank you and that’s what people don’t seem to understand. If the boss himself said they’d be open to making R-rated MCU movies with Deadpool, then clearly that’s the road they’re gonna take.

Once Upon A Deadpool didn’t make a splash so I highly doubt they’d lump him with a PG13 Spidey.

CaptainWagner and Hello2016 like this.
  11. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

They may though...

Some kids will be interested but I won't. (Regular Deadpool movies juvenile anyways regardless of R rating so my attitude is just kind of whatever anyway...). I'll probably be done with these forums permanently by end of year. Only reason resigned in 2016 due to all the TV shows inundating streaming not to mention influx of comic movies which is sure to die down somewhat over next 20 years... Still though, stuff's been done this past decade catching my attention. If it's something unexpected then so be it.

#11 Hello2016, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  12. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I would definitely watch a deadpool and Spider-Man movie. They could have a laugh about Detective pikachu

13. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Deadpool: Listen up Tobey...

Spider-Man: My names not...

Deadpool: Whatever Andrew...

Spider-Man: That's not my name either.

Deadpool: Can I be frank, Tom?

Spider-Man: ... You know you sound like that dude from Green Lantern, right?

Deadpool: Low blow, man... Low blow.

Bayne, MbJ and a user like this.
  14. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sony wanting Venom in SM3 as part of a new deal certainly makes sense.

15. Zarex

Zarex Registered

Deadpool, like all comic characters, is as ultra violent or family friendly as the writer allows. Wade can easily work in a PG-13 team up film while continuing in R rated solo flicks.

16. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Deadpool I don't see being in SM3 should the contract renew. Now, the above about Sony wanting Venom in it...THAT I firmly believe is a talking point.

MbJ likes this.
  17. ADollarADay

ADollarADay Registered

Yeah, but I don't think there's much to talk about unless Kevin Feige is willing to allow a different studio to dictate what goes on in his cinematic world creatively AND Disney is willing to allow a different studio to dictate their release schedule and the content that goes in their movie and current biggest cash cow from the studio side.

The only way I see this happening is if Venom is moved from Named Characters in section 6 to Marvel Characters in section 8 AND Marvel does the character the way they want to, not using Hardy.

18. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Especially when you had that rather infamous interview where Pascal was trying to not so subtly imply Venom was part of the MCU while Kevin Feige had that silent "WTF?" expression.

metaphysician and Spider-Fan like this.
  19. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

No one disagrees that Deadpool can be written into a PG-13 film. The point is that we doubt Disney would cross-market an R-Rated hero with their most kid-oriented hero.
    I think you overestimate Fiege's need to have complete control here in comparison to his desire to keep Spidey. Sony has ALREADY been given pretty darn broad authority in regards to content and release dates of these movies. Allowing Hardy's Venom to crossover is a small price to pay for keeping their biggest hero in the MCU, especially when I guarantee it brings both an actor and a character everyone involved would love to have on board.

20. Zarex

Zarex Registered

The point is that Deadpool is no more an R rated hero than Wolverine. Or Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Deadpool has appeared on Disney XD cartoons, so the Mouse has shown they have no problem mixing the character with Spidey.

You are underestimating Feige's control freak tendencies. There's a reason the Netflix Defenders and AOS characters never appeared in MCU proper. Feige wants to control every aspect of his cinematic universe. And who can blame him, given its extraordinary success?

I would be extremely surprised if any characters, be it Venom, Morbius, or Silver Sable crossed over from the Sony flicks into the MCU.

21. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

But Iger has already committed to Ryan Reynolds continuing to make R-Rated movies. This isn't the matter of mixing the characters, but using Spider-man to promote Ryan's R-Rated version of the character.

There are a million logistic reasons that impeded those crossovers other than "Kevin Fiege didn't want someone else's characters in his movies". It's clear how much having Spidey on the board means to him and the whole Marvel team. He's not going to throw all that away because Sony wants him to use an Oscar-nominated actor as one of Spidey's biggest foes.

22. MaceB

MaceB Registered

It's just that the current Deadpool is so distinct. He knows it's a movie, he references back on itself all the time. How is that going to work inside the MCU? Half of Deadpool's powers are his ability to break the fourth wall.. and I'm just not sure I really want that in these movies. How would that work against Peter Parker, who has to take his world seriously? Ryan Reynolds has done such a great a distinct job on his own, I wouldn't mind Deadpool living outside the main continuity personally. It could even be a source of a lot of fun jokes. I don't think that I want to see Reynold's Deadpool leashed down to a PG-13 standard comic book movie story.

I'm sure that they can make it work though, so I have faith in whatever they do.

23. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

24. jolldan

jolldan Registered

25. sdgrandia86

sdgrandia86 Registered

I can envision Peter/Spidey waking up from sleep or after getting knocked out from a fight in Deadpool apartment, Deadpool in the kitchen stacking a huge tower of Uncle Ben's pancakes on a plate.