• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-Man: A Fanscript

Alexia Dark

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
EXT. NEW YORK CITY - DAY

A semi-dark alley. As the V.O. occurs, we speed by red bricks at near-blurring speed. When we reach the end, we are launched into the air and onto a rooftop. We race by pipes, chimneys, and other things that you would find on roofs. Once we reach the edge, we are launched once again into the air, and swing in a swooping motion down a street. Higher and higher we go, catching glimpes of a red and blue reflection from time to time. As the V.O. ends, we swing into another dark ally, until there is only darkness.

V.O.: "With great power, comes great responsibility." The first time my Uncle Ben said that to me, I'd had no idea how important it would become. There are times when it haunts me. There are times when it gives me strength. There are times I wish that I could go back to when it meant nothing to me. Those are the times when I need to remember it most. Without it, I would not be who I am today, and would never have known who I was...

INT. PETER'S BEDROOM - DAY

An alarm clock buzzes. A hand appears and pounds the alarm clock's snooze button until it shuts off. PETER PARKER rolls over, but doesn't get up. There's a knock on his door. Peter doesn't respond. The door opens a crack as UNCLE BEN peers inside.

UNCLE BEN: Peter?

Uncle Ben opens the door all the way and sees Peter still in bed.

UNCLE BEN: C'mon, kiddo, time to get up.

Uncle Ben walks in, sits on the bed and visciously messes up Peter's hair. Peter finally moves, sitting up and laughing a bit.

PETER: Hey!

UNCLE BEN: You awake yet?

PETER: Yeah.

UNCLE BEN: Good. You don't want to be late for school.

Peter has a sad expression at the mention of school. Uncle Ben notices.

UNCLE BEN: Something wrong, Pete?

PETER: We get our exam scores back today.

UNCLE BEN: Why're you worried about that? You're the top of your class.

PETER: Some people don't like that about me.

UNCLE BEN: Well, your Aunt May and I love you, and would even if you never saw an A in your life. Don't let people get you down because they can't handle not being as smart as you are, Peter. It's your gift.

PETER: You're right, Uncle Ben.

Uncle Ben pats Peter on the head.

UNCLE BEN: You're a good kid, Peter. Don't change.

PETER: I won't.

Uncle Ben gets up and exits the room. Peter leans over to the other side of the bed and grabs his glasses off of his nightstand.

INT. PARKER DINING ROOM - MORNING

Peter enters the dining room, wearing a rather geeky outfit, nicely combed hair, and large glasses. Uncle Ben is sitting at the table reading the newspaper. Peter sits down at the table. Aunt May enters from the kitchen, carrying a plate of wheatcakes, and sets them on the table.

AUNT MAY: Good morning, Peter.

PETER: 'Morning, Aunt May.

There is a pause as Peter pours himself some orange juice.

AUNT MAY: How long is this science experiment you're going to see? Should I pack a dinner for you?

PETER: No, I should be back by then.

AUNT MAY: Is anyone going with you? Maybe they'd like to come by...

Peter shakes his head.

PETER: No.

UNCLE BEN: Why don't you ask someone to go with you?

AUNT MAY: I could ask Mary Jane for you.

Peter laughs at their concern.

PETER: No, really, its fine.

AUNT MAY: Ok, dear. Have a good time.

EXT. MIDTOWN HIGHSCHOOL - AFTERNOON

The students spill from the school. LIZ ALLEN walks more slowly than the rest, looking at a paper in her hand, then stops. Peter, who is also holding a paper, sees her, follows and stops behind her. The girl's paper says C+.

PETER(V.O.): Here goes nothing...

Peter approaches Liz, clearing his throat a little.

PETER: A C+, huh? Better than most of our class. Congrats.

Liz looks at him, curious.

LIZ: Thanks.

She doesn't say anything more. There is a very short pause.

PETER: Uh, I know you're probably busy, but there's an experiment they're doing at the science hall. Dangerous chemicals and radioactivity. It's supposed to be really exciting, and I was wondering if-

Suddenly, FLASH THOMPSON approaches from behind Liz.

FLASH: What do you think you're doing, Parker?

PETER: I was just asking Liz if she would-

FLASH: If she would go out with you? Get real. (to Liz) Let's go. I'll show you what a real date is supposed to be like.

LIZ: Sorry, Flash, but I'm not interested.

Liz walks away from both of them. Flash turns to watch her go, then looks at Peter.

FLASH: You better watch it, geek.

Flash walks in the same direction as Liz.

Peter looks at his A+ paper, crushes it in his hands, and throws it in a trash can.

INT. SCIENCE HALL - DAY

Peter enters the building. He looks at the poster advertising the experiment, then looks outside, trying to make a decision. He looks at the poster again, and reluctantly walks toward the lab.

INT. LAB - DAY

Peter enters the room and moves toward the crowd gathering around a machine against the wall that is seperated from the people by an 9-foot-high glass shield that doesn't quite reach the ceiling. Peter takes a few pictures of the machine. In a corner of the room, we see a spider leave it's web and begin to crawl across the ceiling.

SCIENTIST: This material is very radioactive, so we're only using a small amount here today, for safety purposes. This is the first time an experiment of this kind as been conducted before the public here, and we hope you enjoy it.

The lights dim to near darkness, and a humming sound can be heard from the machine. Peter, at the back of the crowd, is studying it intensely. The spider has crawled above the glass barrier and is near the spot where the reactants are to combine. Peter moves around the crowd to the side, closer to the machine, to get a better angle for the camera. Suddenly, a light comes from the machine as the radioactive material reacts, and a multi-colored light is given off. The spider climbs down on its web, unseen by the spectators, and touches the radioactive material. It immediately zips back up it's web and begins to crawl away, then falls onto Peter's hand. It bites him.

PETER: Ow!

He holds out his hand and sees the glowing, now dead, red and blue spider, it's fangs still embedded in his hand. He flings his arm down, throwing the spider away. The reaction stops, and the lights come back on. The audience claps. Peter touches his head, and exits the room.

EXT. NEW YORK CITY STREET - DAY

Peter walks out of the science hall and down the street, still staring at his hand. He stops in the middle of the road.

PETER (V.O.): Ugh, I feel-

Suddenly, a car honks, and there is a 'spider-sense' sound. Time slows as Peter jumps out of the way. Almost a story out of the way, in fact, onto the side of a building, which he is clinging to with his bare hands. He looks down. The street is deserted. He looks up at his hands, thoroughly freaked out. He lifts his hand and moves it to a spot higher on the wall. He does the same with the other, and pulls himself up.

On the street below, a young boy is walking with his mother.

BOY: Mommy, look! On the wall!

Peter trns a corner of the building just before the mother turns.

MOTHER: There's nothing there, sweetie.

The boy frowns.

BOY: But I saw him...

Peter is now near the roof, and looks down the four or so stories he's climbed. Dizzy from the height, he grabs the nearest thing around him: a lead pipe coming out of the roof. Relieved to have a hold on something, he pulls himself onto the roof, and takes his hand away. The pipe has been crushed to almost nothing where he grabbed it.

PETER (V.O.): What's going on?

A door opens on the roof, and Peter runs to the other side. He doesn't look back as he jumps onto a steel wire connecting the roof to another building, and walks along it with perfect balance. He drops down into an alley below, landing gracefully without the slightest injury. There is a dramatic pause as he looks at his hand again. Cue cresendoing, heroic music.

PETER (V.O.) What am I supposed to do?

The music decresendos, and Peter walks out of the alley. In the corner of the alley, a spider moves on it's web.

Nice to see more work from you. I love it so far :up:

Most definitely. I just need to find a way to read the comics where she's introduced and such...

Alittle to rushed, alittle to generic, nothing really stands out. Nice to see you putting effort in. Keep the writing, you could have some potential.

Yeah, this is a definite work in progress. I said that in a little intro that I was going to post until my attempts to post went crazy and I had to get someone else to post for me. I still need to see what characters I can introduce early on to add to a supporting cast without distracting from Peter's story, and a way to update the basic material of the comic without being unfaithful.

I've been adding extra little things to what are one-panel scenes in AF #15, and I know I need more of it. What I want at first is essentially a day in Peter's life, expressing his values while esablishing characters - it'd be great if I could find a way to fit some characters into Peter's science class, maybe have him stuck as a lab partner with whoever happens to be dating Flash Thompson at the time, and that results in some major arguing and such, leading up to outside the school before the science presentation... just brainstorming as I go along.

What I need more of is Norman's history... I'd been told that his story begins shortly before Peter goes to college, so I could fit that in there in between some scenes like they did in the 2002 movie (of all things, pacing was probably the best thing about that movie).

If I establish Norman, and Harry through him, have Aunt May mention MJ a bit more, stuff like that, the pacing should end up pretty good, and helps to show how these character's stories with intertwine.

Like I said, very, very rough draft. It'll get better as I actually get my hands on the source material.

Slightly updated, with longer scenes and an introduction. I now own Volumes 1-6 of ASM, so I'm ready to continue, as soon as I can figure out the pacing of storylines, especially earlier on. I just thought I'd post my minimal progress, but don't count on any more script until I come up with a trailer.

this better have gwen stacy in it, i am so tired of her being overlooked.

and why do you need a trailer?

Yes, Gwen will definitely be in it.

And I just feel like I want one, that's why :).

The dialogue between Peter and Ben seems a tad iffy. Maybe work on it somemore. The scene with Peter and Liz and their dialogue, along with Flash is great.

For a love interest, if you choose Gwen, you can also start developing a bond between Captain Stacy and Spider-Man akin to Batman and Gordon's in Begins. That would be great, and is an opportunity Raimi's trilogy missed out on.

Natural-sounding dialogue is a big problem with me, when I'm a) uninspired even though I know where I want to go and b) writing a script instead of a narrative story.

I'd have to read up more on the Spidey-Stacy relationship to know how much I could use it. I'm not that far in the volumes yet.

It's rushed. Spend some more time with Peter, get to know his relationships with various people in a more lush sense before moving onto the turning point of recieving his powers. Good start, though.

I like it so far, I am sure you improved the pacing with a rewrite...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"