Spider-Man VS The Molten Man

Jack O Lantern

Mad Jack
Reaction score
A few months back another poster came up with the idea of doing a Spider-Man series of 22 episodes using different writers. Since nothing has come off it and other than the oringinator of the idea, I was the only one to complete anything I want to show it off. So this is a two episode story introducing the Molten Man.

They both probably need a clean up in terms of grammer and spelling but I'm not motivated to do that now, I'm working on something else, so they go as is. The first thing I would have done was change Max to Mark since that's his name :)

A bit of details about what where Peter was as a character at this point.

1] He was new to the Spider-Man persona and still unsure of himself
2] Norman Osborn was "killed" during a battle with Spidey and [I think Doc Ock] Harry took off in the previous episode because of this.
3] Liz and Peter have a flirtatious relationship but nothing more.
4] Peter isn't the only guy getting buillied at Mid-Town. Charlie [from the JMS era] is there as well.

---------------------------------

First episode

EXT. MID-TOWN HIGH. DAY
The sun is out, birds are chirping and there is a slight breeze. Today is a day that makes you glad to be alive. This is where we find LIZ ALLEN making her way to school; she is walking with MAX RAXTON. He’s 15, handsome, with a cheeky smirk.

LIZ
There's really no reason to be nervous.

MAX
I'm not nervous.

LIZ
Then why are you sweating?

MAX
The heat. I can't stand it. I thought it was meant to be cold in New York.

LIZ
Not in the spring. And there's really no reason to be nervous. You're not alone here; you have me and my friends.

MAX
Ignoring how reassuring that isn't. Who are your friends?

LIZ
Well there's Flash he's over there.

LIZ points to FLASH

MAX
A jock?

LIZ
He's more than a... Ok yes he's a jock. Try to get the syllables down to three with him. That's Kong next to him.

MAX
Side-kick?

LIZ
Yeah.

LIZ spots PETER and GWEN in the distance. Both are still clearly depressed at the death of NORMAN. She points them out.

LIZ
Peter and Gwen, the resident genius's.

MAX
Dorks?

LIZ
Peter Parker is not a dork.

MAX
You have thing for him.

LIZ
No, I don't. I... don't tell anyone.

MAX
But it's obvious, I never even met the guy and I can see it.

LIZ
Please.

MAX
Don't worry about, I'm not going to rat out my sister's crush.

LIZ
Sister? Brother?

MAX
Now you're having the same syllable problem as Flash. Our parents get married, we become related. That's how it works.

LIZ
Yeah... I guess. Never had a brother before.

They both smile as they enter the building.
SPIDER-MAN TITLES
INT. MID-TOWN HIGH CLASSROOM. DAY
A TEACHER stands at the head of the class, she is talking but we don't hear her, she is background noise. PETER isn't listening. He is focusing on an empty chair, HARRY's. He can't take his eyes of it. GWEN can't take her eyes of PETER not taking his eyes of HARRY's empty desk. She is clearly concerned about him. LIZ is also looking at PETER but is trying not to look as though she is. FLASH is looking at LIZ and is aware that she is looking at PETER. The bell rings and the kids begin to file out of the classroom.
INT. MID-TOWN HIGH CORRIDOR. DAY
PETER is at his locker. LIZ, MAX, KONG and FLASH are at FLASH's locker about 50ft up the corridor, LIZ is looking at PETER again, showing some concern. FLASH again senses this and turns his attention to PETER.

FLASH
Hey Parker. Ask your friend what time it is.

PETER turns his head and looks at FLASH but doesn't say anything back. What's the point? GWEN walks up behind PETER and looks like she is begin to talk. But...

PETER
You shouldn't be around me.

GWEN
You can't blame yourself for what happened to Harry's dad.

PETER
What about Uncle Ben? My parents? Everybody close to me? How long before something happens to Aunt May? Or you?

GWEN
Nothing is going to happen to me.

PETER
Just...

PETER closes his locker and walks away from GWEN. He trudges past FLASH and co.

FLASH
I'm still waiting for the time Parker.

PETER just keeps walking. LIZ hits FLASH on his chest and walks after PETER. FLASH makes a "What I do?" face. MAX and KONG shrug their shoulders. GWEN catches up to LIZ and PETER.

LIZ
I don't know why Flash says stuff like that.

GWEN
Cause he's an idiot.

PETER
I don't care about Flash. I just...

The sound for PETER's Spider-Sense goes off and he pushes LIZ and GWEN out of the way of a speeding BULLET. The school is in chaos and someone is a ski mask has begun to shoot wildly. Kids are running everywhere in a panic, most of them dive into a classroom. In the confusion the SHOOTER is knocked to the crowd. PETER sees this but doesn't make a move. GWEN pulls him into a classroom. LIZ is looking for MAX but can't pick him out in the crowd. A trail of blood flows under her shoes, she follows it with her eyes until she finds its origin point. It's MAX. He's lying on the ground holding his stomach. FLASH is trying to pick him up. LIZ makes to go towards him when KONG comes running up and scoops her up and carries her into the same classroom as GWEN and PETER.

LIZ
(shocked)
Max?

INT. MID-TOWN HIGH SCIENCE LAB. DAY
GWEN, KONG, LIZ and PETER are in the same classroom as before. There are other kids in the classroom, they're crying and comforting each other. KONG is freaking out and LIZ is almost catatonic. PETER slides down a wall and sits on the ground. GWEN sits down beside him.
The SHOOTER has been knocked against a locker and his gun has squirmed away from him. He sees FLASH and MAX. He seems particularly focused on FLASH. He shrugs of his grogginess and stands up. FLASH sees this and picks MAX up and throws MAX's arm over his shoulder and begins to try to get away. The SHOOTER casually strolls over and picks up his gun and starts to stalk FLASH and MAX. He's taking his time.
The kids are in the same positions as before.

KONG
What the hell is going on? Who was that guy? What does he want?

PETER
Everybody.

GWEN
Peter, what are we going to do?

KONG
What can we do? We go out there and we're dead. Boom.

LIZ
(Still in shock)
Flash and Max are still out there.

PETER stares at the rest of the kids. He rubs his Spider emblem underneath his clothes.
We see FLASH dragging MAX on his shoulder. The SHOOTER is still stalking them. The following dialog is heard over scenes of FLASH and MAX fleeing.

LIZ (V.O)
Max was shot. I have to do something.

KONG (V.O)
Liz, stop. You can't go out there.

LIZ (V.O)
He's my brother and he's going to die.

PETER jumps to his feet.

PETER
No he won't. But you can't go out there like this.

PETER scans the room. His eyes focus on several chemicals on the teachers desk.

PETER
We mix these, they turn into a cloud. A non-toxic cloud. We put them out through the ventilation and we get cover.

PETER briefly examines each chemical, then picks the right ones and mixes them together and throws them out the vent.

LIZ
OK, let's go.

PETER
Nope, just me.

KONG
What can you do Parker?

PETER
I guess we'll find out.

PETER quickly runs out the room.
PETER pulls the door behind him hard, wedging it in the frame so nobody can get out as a cloud engulfs the corridor. He runs into the cloud. PETER puts on his web-shooters and starts to create a web bag. He pulls off his clothes and puts them in the bag. He webs the bag to his back, before pulling on his gloves and mask. He drops to the floor to see the blood trail. He leaps onto the lockers and starts to follow it, crawling on the side of the lockers.
INT. MID-TOWN HIGH STAIRWELL. DAY
The cloud hasn't reached here yet. FLASH and MAX come to a stairwell at the end of a corridor. They begin to take the stairs down as the SHOOTER turns the corner onto the corridor. FLASH takes a look at him and moves faster. He is clearly struggling now under the weight.
SPIDER-MAN is now running along the lockers following the trail.
FLASH and MAX reach the bottom of the stairwell. They look up and see the SHOOTER at the top. They push open the double doors and enter another corridor. At the end of the corridor they see an exit sign. They start towards it, sweat is streaming down FLASH's face.
It's too far, FLASH has finally succumbed to exhaustion. They fall to the floor. They turn around and see the SHOOTER is just behind them, in the doorway from the stairwell. He stops and pulls out his gun and points it towards them. He's about to shoot when the cloud eventually reaches them, and they disappear from sight. Shocked, he takes a step back into the stairwell.
He shakes his head clear, and begins to move towards them. He is determined he'll find them in the cloud. SPIDER-MAN drops behind him, upside down on his web. He is unaware of this. SPIDER-MAN taps him on the shoulder. He spins around and is greeted with a punch to the jaw. Knocking him clean out. He falls to the crowd. SPIDER-MAN spins round and drops to the ground. He walks over to the fallen shooter, and kneels down beside him.

SPIDER-MAN
Let's find out who you really are. Ugh, did I just say...

He pulls the mask off the SHOOTER. It's CHARLIE WIEDERMAN.

SPIDER-MAN
Charlie?

FLASH and MAX are still on the ground.

MAX
What happened?

FLASH
Don't know. We've got to get outside.

FLASH tries to grab MAX, but his skins burns him.

FLASH
Argh!

MAX
What?

FLASH
You burned me.

The exit doors open and COPs walk in.

LIZ and GWEN are walking through the floor with worry. KONG is trying to burst through the door.

COP 1 (O.S)
EVERYONE MOVE AWAY FROM THE DOOR!

The door is slammed through by four COPs with a battering ram.

COP 1
Everyone all right?

LIZ
My brother Max, was shot. Is he..?

COP 1
He's ok, he's in an ambulance.

LIZ runs out of the classroom.

GWEN
Peter Parker went out there to save Flash and Max.

COP 1
Never saw anybody called Peter.

EXT. MID-TOWN HIGH. DAY
The courtyard is covered with cop cars and ambulances. Parents are arriving and comforting the children. GWEN walks out off the school and sees PETER sitting on a wall and staring at an ambulance. GWEN runs towards him.

GWEN
Peter, what happened to you?

PETER
I wandered around for a while but couldn't find anybody, then the cops showed up.

GWEN
Why would anybody do this?

PETER
It was Charlie. Why do you think?

PETER turns and looks at FLASH, who is talking to his parents.

GWEN
How's Max?

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM. NIGHT
MAX is strapped down to his bed and is struggling against his restraints. His skin is beginning to bubble and turn orange. A DOCTOR tries to inject him with something but the needle breaks. The camera pulls out through the bed and turns around and we see LIZ and her parents looking on in horror through a window.
END TITLES

Last edited:
Episode 2

int. hospital Room

Max RAXTON is sleeping in the bed. LIZ ALLEN, sits by his side looking concerned. The camera pulls back through window and we are in the corridor.

int. hospital corridor

SARAH AND DANNY RAXTON are talking to a DOCTOR.

DOCTOR

The truth is that we don't know what is wrong with your son. His body temperature is increasing at an extraordinary rate. His blood is literally boiling, his skin is hardening.

DANNY

How are you going to stop it?

DOCTOR

We can't. We don't even know how we would administer any kind of cure, we can't break his skin.

Sarah

Why is this happening?

DOCTOR

Best we can tell it's a reaction to the chemical cloud that was released in the school during the shooting. But this shouldn't have happened, it was non-toxic, with no side-effects.

Liz[off-screen]

So it was Peter's fault.

Liz is standing at the door to Max's room. The Doctor responds with a "I don't know what to tell you," face. Liz turns and walks back into the room.

INT. mid-town high corridor

Peter is walking down the corridor and everybody is giving him an uneasy look. Peter looks confused. He walks to his locker and opens it. While he's getting out his books Gwen walks up to him.

Gwen

Hi Peter. Are you okay?

Peter

Oh hey. Gwen. I'm fine. I know I've been a bit of a downer the last few days. But I'm OK now.

Flash and the gang walk pass them, they also give him Peter an weird look.

PETER

Why is everybody giving me the evil eye today?

GWEN

It's because of... it's because of Max. He's not doing so well.

PETER

He seemed alright the yesterday. I know he was shot but it wasn't a serious injury, as far as gun shots go.

GWEN

No, it's... Liz called Flash earlier and something is happening to him. He's becoming molting metal... or something.

PETER

What? How?

GWEN

They say that the chemical did...

PETER

My chemical. I did it.

GWEN

It wasn't your fault.

Peter slams his locker shut.

PETER

I have to go see him.

Peter runs out of the school.

EXT. Queens skyline.

Spider-Man is swinging over the city. He is swinging with a purpose, pushing himself as hard as he can. In the distance we see the hospital.

Spider-Man swings into an alley and Peter Parker emerges. He runs into the hospital.

INT. HOSPITAL reception

He goes up to the reception.

PETER

Uh, hi. I'm looking to visit a friend. Ah... Max Raxton.

Receptionist

Just one moment.

The receptionist types on her key board.

RECEPTIONIST

I'm sorry son. It's family only.

PETER

I am family.

RECEPTIONIST

Then why did you just call him your friend.

PETER

Ah... can you at least tell me what floor he's on?

RECEPTIONIST

(CONFUSED)

Sorry, no.

Peter walks away from the reception area. Two doctors walk by him.

DOCTOR 1

You see that kid on 14e?

DOCTOR 2

The kid on fire?

DOCTOR 1

Yeah...

Peter watches them. Then walks out of the hospital.

EXT. ally next to hospital

Peter walks into the ally, and quickly puts on his web shooters, he then looks around to see if anybody is looking. He then webs and make shift mask on his face and leaps on to the building. He is careful to stick to the area between the windows and begins to crawl up the building. He gets to the 14th floor. He opens up a window and crawls into a janitors closet.

int. janitor closest

Peter rips off his mask and puts his web=shooters in his pockets. He gingerly opens the door and checks if the coast is clear before walking into the corridor.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR

Peter walks down the hall, looking for room 14e. He finds it and stands outside, looking through the window. We watch Liz through the window, crying at Max's bed side. Max skin is now orange.

Liz turns around and sees Peter. She gets out of his seat and walks out the door.

LIZ

What are you doing here?

PETER

I wanted to check on Max.

LIZ

To see what you've done to him.

PETER

Liz, I am so sorry. I know that doesn't mean much but you need to know how sorry I am. [AFTER A BEAT] I know this guy, he's actually more of a friend of a friend. But he could help. He's called Dr. Curt Conner's.

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM.

Max begins to wake up. He looks at himself and looks distressed. He then looks out the window and sees Liz talking to Peter.

Max

Parker?

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR

We can see Max through the window, between Liz and Peter.

Max

PARKER!

Liz and Peter turn and look at Max. His skin is now boiling and fire is spreading around him. He leaps out of his bed and charges at the wall.

He dives through the glass but Peter grabs Liz and dives out of the way.

MOLTEN MAN

PARKER!

PETER

Uh... hi Max.

MOLTEN MAN

YOU DID THIS TO ME!

LIZ

Max calm down. Please.

MOLTEN MAN

He wrecked my life Liz.

He pushes Liz out of the way leaving her clothes on fire. She takes her jacket off.

peter

I think we should leave.

Peter grabs Liz by the hand and starts to drag her towards the elevator. Everyone on the floor is panicking and doing the same.

When they get to the elevators Peter shoves Liz into one but he doesn't get in himself.

LIZ

What are you doing?

PETER

He's only after me. Maybe I can calm him down.

The elevator doors close and Peter turns to face The Molten Man. The floor is now empty, except for the sick people in their beds and some visitors.

PETER

You have every right to be angry at me. But I can get you help.

MOLTEN MAN

I don't want your help.

PETER

Ok, but I don't think you want to hurt me.

MOLTEN MAN

Yes I do.

PETER

Well you don't want to hurt any of these innocent people. And you will.

MOLTEN MAN

No I won't.

The Molten Man punches Peter in the head. The force of which sends Peter flying across the corridor and out a window.

The Molten Man looks at the broken window, he smiles for a moment. Then his face changes to despair.

MOLTEN MAN

Oh, God.

He drops to his knees and looks at his hands.

MOLTEN MAN

What have I done?

He looks at the broken window again. Suddenly Spider-Man leaps through it.

SPIDER-MAN

Wow. I don't usually say this to guys, but you're hot.

The Molten Man lunges at Spider-Man who leaps over him and let's the Molten Man run head first into a wall which crumbles and starts to burn.

SPIDER-MAN

But a little too forward.

Spider-Man uses his webbing to extinguish the fire.

SPIDER-MAN

I'm not that kind of Spider.

Spider-Man looks at the patients in the hospital. He then charges at the Molten Man and pushes him out the broken window.

SPIDER-MAN

I need to be romanced first.

EXT. queens rooftops. Day

Spider-Man costume starts to burn but the wind created by his forward momentum puts it out. They both fall on to a rooftop of another, smaller building.

SPIDER-MAN

By the way, why are we even fighting?

MOLTEN MAN

You saw what I did to Parker. You want to take me in.

SPIDER-MAN

Parker, that falling guy? He's fi...

The Molten Man begins to throw fire balls at Spidey, who begins to acrobatically dodge them

SPIDER-MAN

OK this is so unfair. It took me weeks to learn to crawl straight and you're already throwing fire balls. Why do I even get up in the morning?

The fire balls hit building across the street and it begins to burn.

Spider-Man turns to face it.

The Molten Man sees that he is distracted and uses the moment to rip a vent out of the roof. He throws it at Spider-Man,

Spidey turns to face The Molten Man again but get;s caught by the vent. He falls to the ground, unconscious.

We fade to black.

EXT. QUEENS ROOFTOPS. Nights

We fade in as Spider-Man wakes up. He looks at the building and the fire brigade is finishing putting out the fire. Spider-Man walks to the edge of the roof and looks to at the Fire fighters.

SPIDER-MAN

Thanks for the assist guys. You didn't happen to see what way tall, orange and liquidated went.

The fire fighters point north and the city half on fire.

SPIDER-MAN

Just follow the burning bricked road.

Spider-Man points his hand towards the sky, at two fingered tap later and thwip later and Spider-Man is swinging through the sky.

As Spidey is swinging he sees that people are generally unhurt.

SPIDER-MAN [VOICE-OVER]

He didn't want to hurt anybody. New York's finest can handle this. I have to get to Max before he does some serious damage.

It begins to rain.

SPIDER-MAN [VOICE-OVER]

Even God's pitching in tonight.

ext night Manhattan street rain

This is not Broadway, this is not the New York that people around the world dream about visiting. This is the New York of Taxi Driver and The French Connection, this is the real New York.

A young girl walks down an empty street, she's pretty but it's hard to tell with the make up she is wearing. She walks by two men, who's attention turns towards her, she ignores them a keeps walking, picking up her pace slightly. The two men follow her.

She continues to pick up the pace but they match her stride. She's wearing heels, they're not. She can't keep going faster than them. Eventually they catch up to her. Each of them take her by an arm. She's tries to struggle but they're too strong for her, one covers her mouth. They look around to check that nobody is coming. They drag her into a back ally.

EXT NIGHT ALLY WAY rain

They through her against a wall. She's now to scared to scream, she just stares.The two men laugh as we here a zipper being pulled down. The girl looks downwards and starts to cry. The men laugh again.

The sound of condensation can be heard, like when you run cold water over a frying pan.

voice[off camera]

Let her go.

The two men turn and see THE MOLTEN MAN, his skin is orange, metallic and melting steam is rising from his body after every raindrop touches his skin.

The men let her go but she just stares with them.

MOLTEN MAN [TO THE GIRL]

If I were you I would be getting home.

She hesitates for a moment before running off. The two men try to run as well but the only exit is through the Molten Man. He punches both on the chest and their jackets burst into flames.

They both quickly pull their jackets off. They sit on the wet ground looking up at the Molten Man.

He begins to move in for the kill. A trash can lid hits him in the back of the head. He turns and Spider-Man is clinging to the wall.

Spider-Man

Ah, if I were you two I would make like a tree and get outta here.

The two men run past the Molten Man and Spider-Man. Spidey quickly turns and shoots out to tracers that land of each guys backs.

The Molten Mans face contorts in rage and he charges at Spidey. Spidey leaps of the wall and lands out of reach of The Molten Man on the parallels wall.

SPIDER-MAN

I'm not here to fight. I'm here to help you.

The Molten Man doesn't respond. Instead he walks to the wall that Spidey is on and places his hands on it. The cement begins to melt. Spidey leaps of the wall.

SPIDER-MAN

Stop it! People live there.

In the reflection of Spider-Man's eye lenses the wall begins to collapse.

The wall collapses on Max but he begins to burn through it. Spidey leaps into the air and begins to cover the building in webbing as distressed New Yorkers stare out of the hole their wall used to be.

The Molten Man is now out of the wreckage.

Spider-Man taps his web-shooters in his direction but nothing happens.

SPIDER-MAN

That's not good.

The Molten Man looks like his going to start throwing fire balls again

SPIDER-MAN

Look man, stop it. Just stop it. You don't have to do this. Just clam down.

MOLTEN MAN

I killed a guy today.

SPIDER-MAN

No you didn't. I caught him. He's fine and he told me about you... and what he did. I can get you help.

MOLTEN MAN

No my life is over.

SPIDER-MAN

I can get you help. But even if nothing can help you, even if you're stuck this way for the rest of your life. You have great power. And with great power there must also come great responsibility. And right now, you're hurting people. You got lucky with Parker, I was there to save him. But if you run now, I might not be there the next time and you will be responsible for someone's death. Trust me when I say, that is not a cross you want to bear. So don't run let me get you help.

The Molten Man drops to his knees.

MOLTEN MAN

Help me.

Spider-Man walks towards him.

SPIDER-MAN

I'll get you hel...

The Molten Man uppercuts Spider-Man, knocking him out.

We fade to black.

Fade in.

Spider-Man wakes up and pulls himself to his feet.

SPIDER-MAN

Uh, again?

Spider-Man jumps onto the wall and crawls to the rooftop.

EXT NIGHT MANHATTAN rooftop

Spider-Man looks for signs of new destruction but there isn't any.

SPIDER-MAN

He's learning how to use his new powers far to quickly.

EXT. day. mid-town high courtyard

Liz is sitting by herself at a bench. Peter walks up to her.

Peter

Any news on Max?

LIZ

No.

PETER

Liz, I...

LIZ

Look Peter. I know it was an accident, I know you were trying to save him and Flash, and I know that you're sorry. But...you...Maybe we just shouldn't talk for a while you know?

Liz gets up from the bench and walks towards the school. Peter stands and watches her.

I like this a lot, Jack 'o. If either it feels reminiscent of the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby comic-books or 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' cartoon, this is a fun read. My only gripe is something that I (personally) would've added. There's a great simularity between "Max Raxton" and "Max Dillon", as they both become effected by some form of chemical or radiation. It would've been really cool if you kept the character's idenity secret, until the time of the event, where the readers would then realize for certain which character you were "really" going for.

Anyhow, once again, this was a fun read. I always have my problems with fan-fics (or what-not). I didn't like some of the cliche dialogue: "Liz, I am so sorry. I know that doesn't mean much but you need to know how sorry I am. [AFTER A BEAT] I know this guy, he's actually more of a friend of a friend. But he could help. He's called Dr. Curt Conner's." I wish that there would've been more development on some of the main characters (mainly Max and Liz). And, my biggest pet peeve is, the format you've laid your fan-fic out as. At certain points, I was confused about whether or not I was reading through "dialogue" or "action". Personally, I would manually "center" the dialogue sequences and leave the descriptive paragraphs alone (shorting them if they get too long).​

[eg.]

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

DOCTOR
Best we can tell it's a reaction to the chemical cloud that was released in the school during the shooting. But this shouldn't have happened, it was non-toxic, with no side-effects.

LIZ [Off-screen; mutters]
So it was Peter's fault.

LIZ is standing at the door to MAX's room. The DOCTOR responds with a "I don't know what to tell you" face. LIZ turns and walks back into the room.

INT. MIDTOWN HIGH CORRIDOR - DAY

PETER is walking down the corridor and EVERYBODY is giving him an uneasy look. PETER looks confused. PETER walks to his locker and opens it. While he's getting out his books, GWEN walks up to him.

GWEN
Hi, PETE. Are you okay?

PETER [Surprised]
Oh! Hey, GWEN. I'm fine... I know I've been a bit of a downer the last few days. But I'm okay now.

Finally (and once again), I had a lot of fun reading this. I'd certainly be up for reading more, and... yeah. :oldrazz: If you're going to write more, then I can only wish you the best of luck. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"