Spin off?

Reikowolf

Hyperphotonic
Reaction score
Much like Elektra and the upcoming Wolverine movies, who thinks that after everything is said and done with the black suit/Venom plot that may be played out in SM3,4 etc; that Venom will get his own movie?

I think that he should for the reason that most people won't be happy with how he will be seen in the SM movies. Spider-Man has been rated PG-13 so far and to rate it anything higher would mean that the franchise would go from a 400mil. draw to a 200mil draw.

Whereas you could make more money from the franchise by releasing a Venom movie with a higher rating...

The downside/upside of this is that you would get a different director. Most often, they are up and comers which can be good or bad... look at Elektra.

I like the character of Venom but I like Spidey even more and would like anything relating to Venom to tie to Spidey (aka: don't make a Spidey movie all about Venom). So it would be good to do a spin-off.

Maybe get Paul WS Anderson to direct (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, AVP)
Not to start a huge debate but he seems like a Fanboy director and Venom (to me at least) is a fanboy character, a Spidey carbon copy. (eep... don't hate me.. I just like other villains better)

your thoughts?

No worries. I'd love to see Topher have a solo Venom movie directed by James Cameron.

With a guest appearance by Michael Clark Duncan's Kingpin too...

yeah, he'd have to battle thugs and kill people, but not innocent people.... I'd like that and it should be rated R.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. With all the rotten spinoff shows and movies that the entertainment industry seems to come up with a shallow and gimmicky villain like Venom would fit in great! Maybe Hollywood would make it an even bigger trend. I can see it now, Star Trek 19: The Search for Evil Spock! Seriously though, as much as the V-Fans would love to see a Venom spinoff, I would kind of doubt it. Venom is a foil for Spider-Man, Spidey with a goatee if you will. He was a fun villain for a time but I think the turning point was the introduction of the huge tongue and the saliva. Fun for one movie, but I hope they can let him go.

No... it just won't sell... Venom does not have that kind of appeal to the general fanbase or movie goers... you can't have a Venom movie without Spiderman...

You can't have a Venom origin show without Spidey, but you can have a Venom solo movie after he is established cuz he did have his own solo comic in which he was a Lethal protector, saving innocents in his own sepcial way. That way they could introduce the ultimate bad guy...Carnage

Well if they could introduce Carnage then it might not be all that bad a flick... but eventually you have to tie it all back into Spiderman I would think? Maybe both of them will come back for SM6... but if Venom is killed off which the Q&A says will happen... we can forget all about Spinoffs and Sequels involving Venom...

I would like to see a Venom spin off if done right

Well if they killed of venom i for one will watch no more Spidey movies. I like Spidey but it doesn't even come close to how much I love Venom

wolfsfang said:
Well if they killed of venom i for one will watch no more Spidey movies. I like Spidey but it doesn't even come close to how much I love Venom

Wow... some Venom fan... I guess you are going to be disappointed... just can't think of another way they will end the battle Royale... other than Venom getting impaled by Harry/Spidey with a pole... it would be a shame in deed... although carnage is still a possibility

Couldn't the symbiote keep Brock alive? It could look like Venom is dead and reverted back to Brock. They take him to the morgue and are just about to take him out of the freezer to do the autopsy but his body is gone

It's still a possiblity... anything is at this point... but if you don't where where I already stand... I think the Q&A was legit 99%.... your theory could work... but maybe it's too much of a cliffhanger and while it is feasible, I think it would just leave too many gaps... what can I say man??? feel the pain...

I would rather live in Denial then hear the truth

Venom will live

wolfsfang said:

Heyyy what the hell happend to my Thread??:spidey:

wolfsfang said:
You can't have a Venom origin show without Spidey, but you can have a Venom solo movie after he is established cuz he did have his own solo comic in which he was a Lethal protector, saving innocents in his own sepcial way. That way they could introduce the ultimate bad guy...Carnage

well the spin off would be after he's in the Spidey movies

Reikowolf said:
well the spin off would be after he's in the Spidey movies

Exactly. Use Spider-Man to introduce him and then give him his own movie. And as for him dying in SM3...Electra!!?! she dies in Daredevil and still gets a spin off movie

wolfsfang said:
Exactly. Use Spider-Man to introduce him and then give him his own movie. And as for him dying in SM3...Electra!!?! she dies in Daredevil and still gets a spin off movie

it's becoming that comic endings are parallel to movie endings

good example.

Remember, in comics... no one is trully dead

they always come back in some form or another

wolfsfang said:
I would rather live in Denial then hear the truth

Venom will live

Dont worry Wolfsfang.... In the original Batman... There was talk about bringing Joker back for a part 3....They actually considered that. Thats a rumor I heard. anyways. But I heard that, and we all pretty much saw Joker splattered on the ground.....

So, they could bring anybody back in movies as well as comic books..
But your right it would suck though.... Cause it would make it hard to write a dead person back

Put it this way. If Sony in their infinite wisdom (that's sarcasm by the way) decide to kill of Venom. Not only will I never watch another Spidey movie again... I will never watch another Sony movie again, and get a new television so I can bin my Sony one and sell my PS2 cuz it's a Sony product and... I think you get the point.

They mess with my Venom (i.e kill him off totally with no hope of him returning to life for a spin off or something) then me and Sony will be parting ways with me throwing bricks at them as they leave.

wolfsfang said:
Put it this way. If Sony in their infinite wisdom (that's sarcasm by the way) decide to kill of Venom. Not only will I never watch another Spidey movie again... I will never watch another Sony movie again, and get a new television so I can bin my Sony one and sell my PS2 cuz it's a Sony product and... I think you get the point.

They mess with my Venom (i.e kill him off totally with no hope of him returning to life for a spin off or something) then me and Sony will be parting ways with me throwing bricks at them as they leave.

That's gonna be one nasty breakup :o ...seriously though, Venom's not gonna make it past SM3. When you're dealing with films like this, characters like Venom (alien/monster/scary creature) almost invariably get killed off in the end, especially when they're playing a secondary villain role.

SpiderB said:
That's gonna be one nasty breakup :o ...seriously though, Venom's not gonna make it past SM3. When you're dealing with films like this, characters like Venom (alien/monster/scary creature) almost invariably get killed off in the end, especially when they're playing a secondary villain role.

That's exactly my point. Hollywood ruins comic characters by trying to change them to much. Venom is not a secondary villain he is an arch villain who deserves a one on one movie between him and Spidey. Having him as a kind of afterthought simply because he look cool and then kill him off because he looks like a monster and the monster always dies is just wrong

wolfsfang said:
...and then kill him off because he looks like a monster...

Don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud :) I wouldn't say they're intentionally changing his character, but truthfully Venom doesn't seem like much more than a drooling monster until you really go in depth and see that there's still some human emotion there. Unfortunately he'd need a whole movie (maybe even a few) to himself in order to have time to peel back all the layers and show the different sides to his character. And in a two hour movie that focuses mostly on Peter Parker/Spider-Man, it would be really hard to go that deep with his character.

wolfsfang said:
That's exactly my point. Hollywood ruins comic characters by trying to change them to much. Venom is not a secondary villain he is an arch villain who deserves a one on one movie between him and Spidey. Having him as a kind of afterthought simply because he look cool and then kill him off because he looks like a monster and the monster always dies is just wrong

Other than his origin plot, Venom hasn't really served as the main villain to other arcs following. He has teamed up with Spidey on a number of occasions. Yes he is an A-list villain but you also have to remember that it's not so much that a movie "ruins" a comic book, as it is the translation from one medium to another. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't

You also have to keep in mind that Hollywood is a business first and creative outlet second.

and Comics have always depicted villains as monsters as well.

Spidey's arch villain is the Green Goblin, Venom may be an A-lister but you have to realize that Spider-man has dealt with worse and better villains

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"