• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Splice...genetics gone wild from the director of "Cube"

green

fear is the mind killer
Reaction score
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070420c.php
Genetics Gone Wild In "Splice"
By Garth FranklinFriday April 20th 2007 1:14am
"Cube" director Vincenzo Natali is finally moving forward with the long-gestating "Splice" which he describes as being "about the Bonnie and Clyde of genetics" reports Reuters.

The story explores a dark vision of the world of genetic engineering in which two young scientists become superstars by splicing different animal DNA to create fantastical new creatures.

They ignore the legal and ethical boundaries and introduce human DNA into their experiment. Natali, Antoinette Terry Bryant and Doug Taylor penned the screenplay.

Natali previously tried to get the project off the ground as a $20 million animated movie. The film will now be live action and shoot in the summer in Toronto.

Im a big fan of the original Cube movie, and this project sounds really interesting.

I loved Cypher and this sounds interesting:up:

sounds kind of cool... never saw the original cube, though.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/824/824969p1.html

Brody, Polley Get Spliced
Pair join sci-fi thriller.
by IGN Staff

US, October 4, 2007 - Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley will star together in Splice, a genetic engineering-themed thriller to be directed by Vincenzo Natali (Cypher, Cube).
The story, as revealed by the Hollywood Reporter, follows two young scientists (Brody and Polley) who become famous by splicing together various types of animal DNA to create otherworldly hybrid creatures. They then go all mad scientist crazy and introduce human DNA into their experiment. Wonder if there will be unforeseen circumstances?
Natali wrote the script along with Antoinette Terry Bryant and Doug Taylor. Copperheart Entertainment, the studio behind Black Christmas and Ginger Snaps, is producing Splice.

2lxjbyt.jpg

Guillermo del Toro is executive producing the project along with Angry Bulls shingle partners Don Murphy and Susan Montford.
Filming is set to star in November in Toronto.

Cool poster, very Alien. great avvy green. :up:

I'd tap that ass, the adult version obviously.

Sounds interesting although it reminds me of species. From what i read in another site it seems at one point she evolves more and turns into a monster, although it didn't said that exactly but it was implied.

I like Cube and this sounds interesting so will be checking it out.

Based on these pics, the adult version looks too human compared to the younger stages. You can tell the designers tried to make her sexy and more appealing as an adult. The eyes and the facial features don't really match the younger versions IMO.

Cube was excellent IMO never did see the follow up's though. This seems to be an interesting project too. I think this is a subject that has not been taken proper advantage of in modern sci-fi movies. Considering how common it has become in our generation it's about time somebody tackled this properly. Will definitely be on the lookout.

Wow -- this image is quite a potential spoiler. I'll bet the studio tries to get these taken off the website...
splicedrenwingscensoredzk5.jpg

Damn. This one looks soo...old-school. :up:

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back