Star Trek

I think we need to re-merge these threads again. This dual discussion on Discovery is getting tiresome.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/4...of-khan-35th-anniversary-screenings-announced

Well, it was the best of those movies.

I guess I've seen it to many times, maybe if it was a special edition, with deleted scenes and creatures inserted, and a CG shot of Kirk shooting first! :cwink:

yell.gif

Last edited:
I was rewatching the "Arena" episode of the original series as it was shown on MeTV a week or so ago and I didn't realize they were showing the recent Blu-ray special edition until the Gorn blinked and I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my drink. There's a youtube channel that shows both versions for comparison for those interested. While there are some beautifully CGI painted planets during the outer space scenes in the new versions I feel it was a completely unnecessary addition. I do like that there is an option on the Blu-ray that allows you to choose which version you want to watch.

[YT]No-E4UsAKh4[/YT]

Congrats to Adam Nimoy and Terry Ferrell, who are engaged.

Definitely but not unheard of either. Doctor Who has something similar with the daughter of one Doctor marrying another one after they met on the set.

Definitely but not unheard of either. Doctor Who has something similar with the daughter of one Doctor marrying another one after they met on the set.

10th Doctor David Tennant Married 5th Doctor Peter Davison's daughter....who he met when she played the 10th Doctor's cloned daughter.

Tennant and Davison, just couldn't remember the numbers.

BBCAmerica has been airing Next Gen for some time and recently I noticed them showing both the original series and Voyager which has me wondering why no Deep Space Nine? I assume it has something to do with the rights being tied up in some capacity but really have no idea.

Yeah most of us have heard about the interracial kiss that helped to change socitey via star trek .

But we don't all know what esle Nischell nicles being on start\trek changged be sides that. here it is in the video below. And it me m(as a black person) happy to dream further and strive for more.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]i2AJWp7RePk[/YT]
Black History Month: InnerSpace Celebrates Nichelle Nichols

51 views 3 days ago
Published on 14 Feb 2018

It's Black History Month and InnerSpace is celebrating Nichelle Nichols, the first African-American woman to have a leading role on television.

source:Space

Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series
http://ew.com/tv/2018/08/04/patrick-stewart-star-trek-next-generation-new-series/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
It’s really truly happening: Patrick Stewart has been cast in a new Star Trek series.

Stewart will reprise his iconic character, Jean-Luc Picard, for a CBS All Access series that “will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life.”

Stewart himself just announced the news in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

Stewart added that now, in particular, seems like a good time to bring back the character, who exemplified calm, moral, reasoned leadership. “During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he said. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.

Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman will be an executive producer on the new series, and stated, “With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold. For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”

CBS isn’t releasing any additional information at this time, such as the show’s title or release date. But Star Trek: Discovery returns in January.

Well that's interesting. I didn't think he'd return to playing in a series after being in all these films.

I guess he won't be on the Enterprise anymore? Or perhaps if he is, there is a different crew. I hope it might have some TNG guest stars though and will be more optimistic than Discovery.

Is Discovery still a thing?

They're filming season two now. Saw a pic from an episode that Johnathan Frakes is directing and Marina Sirtis is guesting in.

Yep. It will have Anson Mount as Captain Pike in season 2, as well as Rebecca Romijn as Number One.

There is a trailer for it out there.

I personally would've rather seen a series about Captain Pike and the early Enterprise than Discovery. I still find Michael Burnham really bland as a character.

My body is ready. Give me an Amalgamation crew!

Yep, with a trailer and everything. It looks better, at least.

And of course Picard is coming back to All Access. sigh. I am going to have to subscribe, won't I.

They're filming season two now. Saw a pic from an episode that Johnathan Frakes is directing and Marina Sirtis is guesting in.

Actually, that's not from STD but from The Orville.

Anyway, as a Star Trek fan who was very disappointed with STD, this news is FANTASTIC! While much of the STD producers are making this new series, I do hope it brings back the tone and overall look from TNG, DS9 and VOY.

While I expect we will see TNG characters like Riker (my fav!), La Forge and Worf, I also hope we get to see some characters from DS9 and VOY. Heck, I'd love an episode where we get to visit DS9! The possibilities are endless!

Star Trek on television may finally be back!

So... is this going to be in the pre-Abrams universe? I'm not familiar with some of the latest material, but this decision seems strange to me. I thought we were focusing on the Kirk time period after the Vulcan planet explosion? I didn't expect to get back to the Next Gen for several decades.
Not that I won't enjoy watching Picard in the captain's chair again.. but this smells a little bit of cheap cash in to me.

Not that I won't enjoy watching Picard in the captain's chair again.. but this smells a little bit of cheap cash in to me.

If he's still a captain. Kind of up there...

So... is this going to be in the pre-Abrams universe? I'm not familiar with some of the latest material, but this decision seems strange to me. I thought we were focusing on the Kirk time period after the Vulcan planet explosion? I didn't expect to get back to the Next Gen for several decades.

They're not focusing on that at all on TV. In Discovery it has been a time after Enterprise but before Kirk. About 10 years before, where they cross paths with Captain Pike's Enterprise.

That doesn't seem to be the Abrams universe at all. But then it doesn't even seem to really be TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY universe either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"