Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Speedball

Don't. Blink.
Reaction score
LucasArts Unleashes The Force
Side with Vader and rid the galaxy of Jedi.
by Hilary Goldstein
February 14, 2007 - LucasArts officially announced its latest game in the Star Wars saga. Coming November for PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed explores one of the more interesting time periods in Star Wars lore. Set between the events of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Force Unleashed puts gamers in the role of Darth Vader's secret apprentice.

As Palpatine rises to power and the Empire begins its conquest of the galaxy, Vader sends his apprentice to help exterminate the remaining Jedi. Your character has four primary Force powers to develop during missions to eradicate the Jedi: Force push, grip, repulse and lightning. Powers can be used together to create unique combos and cause massive destruction to enemies and the environment.

The next-gen versions of Force Unleashed utilize some new technologies that promise realistic environmental reactions. Beyond having wood splinter and plants bend in the wind, non-player characters also act and react more realistically. Characters are said to adjust their behavior on the fly, based on the player's actions. It's unknown how the PS2, PSP and DS versions will differ.

Created under the direction of George Lucas, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed offers new insights into the Star Wars universe. And it lets you kick some Jedi ass. Look for eyes-on impressions of The Force Unleashed in a few weeks.

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104114299.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104115737.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104117440.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104118659.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104119440.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104120393.jpg

That one with the Star Destroyer over Theed is brilliant.

Go to the main lucasarts website and check out what the main character looks like...pretty cool :)

This one will be awesome! I hope they have a secret code that let's you play as Vadar. That would kick tremendous ass!

Shaak Ti's involved? Aww man she's one of my fav characters, I hope she doesn't end up dying. :( I wanted to see her in that new Live Action Star Wars TV series.

Shaak Ti's involved? Aww man she's one of my fav characters, I hope she doesn't end up dying. :( I wanted to see her in that new Live Action Star Wars TV series.
Shaak Ti has died, twice.
In one version, she is stabbed through the chest on Grievious' Capital Ship.
In the other, she is killed by anakin in the Jedi Temple.
Both have been filmed, but never released.
I highly doubt that is Shaak Ti, there is more than one of her kind.
Edit- NVM. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaak_Ti
It says they didn't show the footage for a reason.
She was killed in the Episode III Novel however.

OHH!!!
This is going to be Star Wars Superevent, like Shadows of the Empire was.
There is going to be a game, a novel, a comic book, and a toy line.
My guess is that it will also involve the live action series.

I didn't know if I'd like the game because it seems to be from the villain's perspective. However, I read the latest article in Game Informer magazine, and I think I will definitely check it out. It looks a lot better than I thought, and I did like the KOTOR games.

I didn't know if I'd like the game because it seems to be from the villain's perspective. However, I read the latest article in Game Informer magazine, and I think I will definitely check it out. It looks a lot better than I thought, and I did like the KOTOR games.

Well i think its about damn time we got a villans perspective. Iv always wanted the ability to hack down the Jedi.

This isnt going to be anything like KOTOR tho, but those were great games, except for the dreadful combat.

Well i think its about damn time we got a villans perspective. Iv always wanted the ability to hack down the Jedi.

This isnt going to be anything like KOTOR tho, but those were great games, except for the dreadful combat.

I understand where you're coming from, and I definitely see the appeal. It's probably more just me that isn't crazy about playing the bad guy. Still, I do think the game will do well, and it covers an important time between III and IV.

Shaak Ti has died, twice.
In one version, she is stabbed through the chest on Grievious' Capital Ship.
In the other, she is killed by anakin in the Jedi Temple.
Both have been filmed, but never released.
I highly doubt that is Shaak Ti, there is more than one of her kind.
Edit- NVM. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaak_Ti
It says they didn't show the footage for a reason.
She was killed in the Episode III Novel however.

I have heard that it is Shaak Ti. Yes they filmed two death scenes for her but none have been used and now i guess they won't be. They are probably using her character to bridge Episodes 1,2 and 3 to 4 so you have a familiar character to kill off. As for her being killed off in the novel then you have just spotted a continuity error in the Starwars Universe, its not the first and with the live action series coming out in 2009 i doubt it will be the last.

Hopefully it will be like jedi outcast/academy, but with a lot better fighting and improved force powers. I dont want a beat em up like the ep III game though, that was trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"