Starbucks bans smoking within 25 feet of it's stores.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
At least I can use my e-cig (or even a actual smoke) at TJ Maxx while on break.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/starbucks-bans-smoking-june-1_n_3365544.html

I think I buy less Starbucks now...key word is less, cause I love their energy drinks which I hardly drink anymore.

Hell, how long is 25 feet from the door? Are they gonna have a sign up and a smokers area for butts to be put in when finished with the cig?

Hell, what about e-cigs? Are they gonna enforce that as well, that is just vapor. You can even buy e-cigs with no nicotine in them (I read some places drug test for nicotine now soooo)

The classic combination of coffee and cigarettes has been ingrained in pop culture, but Starbucks isn't interested in perpetuating the zeitgeist. As of June 1, the company is banning smoking within 25 feet of its stores, according to news reports.

EFF that. I don't even smoke, but I feel like going to my local Starbucks and lighting up 24 feet from their door. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!

The most hip, mainstream coffee shop in America doesn't want you smoking cigarettes--the most hip, mainstream activity in the world--near them.

TAKE THAT HIPSTERS.

Fine by me. I always hated going to Starbucks and other coffee shops (and other outdoor venues) sitting outside and having to deal with the disgusting smoke from people around the area.

Love it! I hope other stores follow suit.

As someone who suffers from asthma, I support the measure. I attend a campus where it is impossible to enter a building without walking through a cloud of smoke 3-5 feet from the door.

I don't get it... how can they enforce that. The street outside their shop isn't their property, so how can they tell people not to smoke there?

I don't get it... how can they enforce that. The street outside their shop isn't their property, so how can they tell people not to smoke there?

By refusing you service for doing it probably.

As someone who suffers from asthma, I support the measure. I attend a campus where it is impossible to enter a building without walking through a cloud of smoke 3-5 feet from the door.

Does e-cigs bother you, since it's not smoke, just vapor?

By refusing you service for doing it probably.

Yeah, don't see that working. No business is going to be stupid enough to turn away customers like that.

Besides, what are they going to do, have someone outside the shop whose job it is to signal the coffee server when someone has been spotted smoking so that they can refuse them?

Good. Now they need to ban smoking period. DEATH TO SMOKERS!

Good. Now they need to ban smoking period. DEATH TO SMOKERS!

didn't work with booze. doesn't work with weed. nice try.

You want people to quit..give them money. higher per hour or a living wage or better salary.

You want people to quit..give them money. higher per hour or a living wage or better salary.

Giving someone money doesn't stop an addiction. Not to mention smokers could give themselves more money by not wasting it on cigarettes.

BTW, I'm pretty sure KevanG was being facetious anyway.

Coffee and cigarettes. What a disgusting combination! Smells like flaming turds.

What I really hate about smokers is their utter disregard for society. By that I mean when they throw their cigarettes butts out of the car or on the street. I find that to be so disrespectful and disgusting.

Non-smokers and smokers both are very holier than thou about their belief regarding smoking in general. Either you're really for it or really against it.

Non-smokers and smokers both are very holier than thou about their belief regarding smoking in general. Either you're really for it or really against it.

A war is coming...

I don't have a problem with this. I'm an occasional smoker, like when I go to Starbucks for coffe hah, but people don't need to smoke around others. Unlike drinking or shoving McDonalds down your gullet, smoking affects those around you. Kids go to Starbucks and they don't need to be inhaling second hand smoke. They inhale enough pollution on a given day, they don't need cigarette smoke added to it as well. Plus it really stinks. So kudos on Starbucks. Altho I'm really gonna miss walking to Starbucks in the fall and having a pumpkin spice latte and a cigarette/mini cigar.

Giving someone money doesn't stop an addiction. Not to mention smokers could give themselves more money by not wasting it on cigarettes.

Well, in Russia they will (after a grace period) fine people who smoke in public...that's not right. Going about it all wrong. Most people who smoke are underpaid/stressed out. You start off by giving people more money, money reduces stress.

Look at CVS. They are going about it all wrong with their new rule about smoking. I *think* if I recall correctly they don't want to hire smokers anymore. Okay...not right, but okay, you're business move. But what you do instead of forcing people on a patch and what not to help them quit is you increase pay. Increasing their health insurance because they smoke is not a good move...that won't stop smoking, but better pay will. People use vices to handle stress, most people stress out due to work, and it is usually because pay is low.

I use e-cigs for two weeks now after not really smoking anything for about a year or so...but I will soon buy the e-cigs with NO NICOTINE. That way I can use it every so often, with less urge.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I was as my mother is a smoker, no matter how much I've tried to get her to quit.

Whenever I drink coffee, I MUST smoke a cigarette. Or else I become hostile. They complete one another.

I thrive on cigarettes, coffee, and alcohol. Often I mix coffee with alcohol. addictive personality and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"