Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Another good episode. Its realistic that Courtney's alter ego wouldn't stay hidden for very long, and I like that they made Cindy smart and didn't have her be clueless which is a typical trope .

I'm also happy for the second season as well. Its become one of my favorite CW superhero shoes already.

I'd love to see a Supergirl and Star Girl crossover episode. Seeing Benoist play off of Bassinger would be really awesome.

I hope Stargirl isn't getting a CW budget once they move there, and that they get to keep the same writers. I love how this doesn't look or feel like a CW DC show. They're kids, but it's more mature in a way.

Yeah I really liked that it was obvious to Cindy that Courtney is Stargirl. I can't help but think that if this was the Arrowverse they wouldn't do that. Speaking of, sorry but I don't want Supergirl or the other CW shows anywhere near this... they're not in the same universe anyway (it will probably happen eventually though since it's all CW)

Nah, if they keep production in Georgia, have the kids team up with Lightning. That would be fun.

Good episode. I do like what they've done with Cindy. And hey, even avoided the obvious play of making Henry a villain by finding out that Courtney is the one that put his dad in a coma by reading it in her mind. Though, that is likely still in play.

It would make sense for Lightning to guest star on Stargirl as she's in the same age group as the new JSA members and like Courtney she's still a rookie when it comes to being a superhero.

The new episode was awesome and I loved the Cindy vs Stargirl fight. I have a feeling that Henry Jr will not be like villain like his father and that it would far more interesting to see Henry Jr go against the wishes of his father on becoming a supervillain.

It would make sense for Lightning to guest star on Stargirl as she's in the same age group as the new JSA members and like Courtney she's still a rookie when it comes to being a superhero.

The new episode was awesome and I loved the Cindy vs Stargirl fight. I have a feeling that Henry Jr will not be like villain like his father and that it would far more interesting to see Henry Jr go against the wishes of his father on becoming a supervillain.

It seems that Courtney will try to recruit him into the JSA in the next episode. I don't see that going down well, especially with his and Wildcat's history, and also the fact that Courtney put his father into hospital.

What warning signs are you talking about?

I'm thinking of situations such as in 1x03, in the kitchen, when Pat is trying to convince Courtney not to go after Icicle. It's an intense conversation, and they're standing close and speaking in hushed voices so that no-one can hear their secrets. Mike walks in, looking for snacks. Pat and Courtney "act natural" so unconvincingly that Mike asks "Did I interrupt something important?", and Mike's raised eyebrows and "wow" expression indicate he doesn't buy their awkwardly-improvised story about cooking tips. Later in that episode, Barbara arrives home — having passed up a career-advancement opportunity in favour of a scheduled family meal — to find that Pat hasn't prepared dinner and has disappeared with Courtney without letting anyone know where they went.

Pat seems to have the worst luck with improvised stories, such as when covering for junior JSA activities and digging for information about Brainwave at the hospital.

We the audience know what's going on with the new JSA, so it's funny to watch characters stepping on each others' stories while improvising excuses. And it's a comic-book universe where heroes in shorts don't skin their knees while fighting on pavement, so I don't expect all of the horrible stuff from the real world to take place in the show's universe, but on the other hand the show does have murder and brainwashing, so presumably other kinds of harm also take place. Not that I want to watch a show about that sort of thing, but I think there's a vibe in the household that Barbara is going to pick up on and misinterpret if they don't tell her the truth soon, or if she doesn't already know the truth.

Last night's Stargirl drew 981K viewers.

After the two-parter that focused on Cindy, I don't expect to see her much for the rest of the season. I feel the last two episodes was her own season finale.

I'm thinking of situations such as in 1x03, in the kitchen, when Pat is trying to convince Courtney not to go after Icicle. It's an intense conversation, and they're standing close and speaking in hushed voices so that no-one can hear their secrets. Mike walks in, looking for snacks. Pat and Courtney "act natural" so unconvincingly that Mike asks "Did I interrupt something important?", and Mike's raised eyebrows and "wow" expression indicate he doesn't buy their awkwardly-improvised story about cooking tips. Later in that episode, Barbara arrives home — having passed up a career-advancement opportunity in favour of a scheduled family meal — to find that Pat hasn't prepared dinner and has disappeared with Courtney without letting anyone know where they went.

Pat seems to have the worst luck with improvised stories, such as when covering for junior JSA activities and digging for information about Brainwave at the hospital.

We the audience know what's going on with the new JSA, so it's funny to watch characters stepping on each others' stories while improvising excuses. And it's a comic-book universe where heroes in shorts don't skin their knees while fighting on pavement, so I don't expect all of the horrible stuff from the real world to take place in the show's universe, but on the other hand the show does have murder and brainwashing, so presumably other kinds of harm also take place. Not that I want to watch a show about that sort of thing, but I think there's a vibe in the household that Barbara is going to pick up on and misinterpret if they don't tell her the truth soon, or if she doesn't already know the truth.

What are you suggesting Barbara will think is going on between them?

I think that Barbara would notice -- the way Mike did in 1x03 -- that Pat and Courtney hurriedly devise inconsistent stories when questioned about their interactions and the time they spend together. I don't know how suspicious a person she is, so I don't know what conclusions she'd draw, but I think she'd observe that something secret is going on.

I hope Stargirl isn't getting a CW budget once they move there, and that they get to keep the same writers. I love how this doesn't look or feel like a CW DC show. They're kids, but it's more mature in a way.

Yeah I really liked that it was obvious to Cindy that Courtney is Stargirl. I can't help but think that if this was the Arrowverse they wouldn't do that. Speaking of, sorry but I don't want Supergirl or the other CW shows anywhere near this... they're not in the same universe anyway (it will probably happen eventually though since it's all CW)

Well, I think they're gonna anyway, so you may be out of luck there.

Its too good an opportunity on several levels to pass up. They're not gonna pass it up.

Now , with Covid and the shutdowns, that's probably not gonna happen for a couple years at least anyway.

I think that Barbara would notice -- the way Mike did in 1x03 -- that Pat and Courtney hurriedly devise inconsistent stories when questioned about their interactions and the time they spend together. I don't know how suspicious a person she is, so I don't know what conclusions she'd draw, but I think she'd observe that something secret is going on.

Secret like what? An abusive relationship? There's no evidence of that apart from the accident which could be attributed to physical violence. You mentioned earlier warning signs about a stepfather / step daughter relationship as if there are typically common signs between these types. What are you talking about?

I get the impression he's implying there's something of an erotic nature going on between them.

A new step father spending an inordinate amount of time with his step daughter while lying about their activities would be a HUGE red flag for any concerned parent. It ain't crazy to think that grooming or other squicky behavior might be taking place. I'm enjoying the show, but they REALLY need to bring mom into Team Stargirl ASAP.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Courtney's mom doesn't find out until at least the S1 finale but I think it's more likely that Mike will discover Courtney's double life before the mom does.

A new step father spending an inordinate amount of time with his step daughter while lying about their activities would be a HUGE red flag for any concerned parent. It ain't crazy to think that grooming or other squicky behavior might be taking place. I'm enjoying the show, but they REALLY need to bring mom into Team Stargirl ASAP.

The only way Barbara would be on board with everything is if she discovered her boss were Icicle and that he's a villain. And even then she'll still be hesitant to let Courtney go out there.

107717673_3923544687715857_1605682233134546573_o.jpg

Another good episode that ends us on a CLIFFHANGER!!! Damn you!

The fight for Henrys "soul" was good. I really enjoyed Courtney and Yolandas discussions with him. He acts as if everyone who isnt him or his father are horrible people so hopefully those convos get through to him.

We learn that Pat and Starman were part of the 7 Soliders of Victory before they joined the JSA! Though it still drives me wild that Pat has spent all this time in the superhero buisness and never got himself a mask to sheild his identity! I was trying to see if that was Green Arrow and Speedy in the picture with them because it kind of looked like their original outfits.
latest

Ec0RcPtXYAAJ4Tq

Poor Shiv is sidelined and locked up, such a shame.

The dinner party with Courtney/Jordan was very fun! Once she figured out who he was, you could just feel all the tension from her. Though has the school dance already taken place? Because I feel like they havent really done anything to develop Courtney/Cameron. That is probably the weakest aspect of the seris thus far.

Last edited:
Another great episode and they completely subverted my expectations as I was surprised that they had Barbara discover Courtney's secret in this episode. I have a feeling that Barbara will be killed off which I hope won't happen as it's a trope in the superhero genre that a parent or guardian of the hero has to be killed just so the hero will emotionally mature.

I have no idea on where they will take Henry Jr as he killed a man and that he already made up his mind that people are deep down monsters but I think Courtney will get through to him. Also I think it would be interesting to see him try to redeem himself and have him become some sort of anti hero or even a hero.

I thought it was great that Courtney discovered the idenity of Icicle as she used her head for once.

I liked the little history lesson of the 7 Soliders of Victory and hope we will get flashbacks of Pat working with them.
Also the history of the 7 Soldiers is meant to foreshadow the reveal of the Janitor being the Shining Knight as we see the Shining Knight in that photo of the 7 Soldiers

The dinner party scene was so good IMO, because it was something so small that gave away Jordan's real identity. I keep forgetting though that Cameron has a thing for Courtney and it surprises me that we are nearing the end and they have barely developed anything relating to that relationship, but maybe that's intentional and it will be more explored in Season 2. Not sure how I feel about them making Henry Jr. sympathetic either since that character was introduced in such an unlikable way, but his scenes with Courtney and Yolanda were good and that ending with his dad waking up should make things even more interesting. Pat explaining more of the superhero history with him and Starman in the 7 Soldiers of Victory was a cool bit as well, although it is kind of strange that during that whole time he never wore any type of costume to conceal his real identity.

The dinner sequence was one of my favorites of the show so far. I love those "everybody's got a different secret" kinds of group scenes.

I too forgot Cameron is possibly supposed to be a love interest for Courtney. It kinda feels like the show doesn't want us to get very invested there, so...I won't, lol.

Really good episode, even without a lot of CGI or special effects. Barely any superheroics at all, really...just some good character development, moving the storyline forward.

I totally marked out for the

Seven Soldiers Of Victory

picture. If that's a part of this world, then I wonder if

the All-Star Squadron

f9c41ce06642c38a5a898baa0091232f.jpg

is/was as well.
39.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"