Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

I also loved that we got the introduction of Jakeem Thunder.

Cool seeing the original versions of Johnny Thunder and Wildcat.
The Shad is written so well. Can feel the influence of James Robinson on the character.
And Jonathan Cake is perfect choice to portray Shade.

I do not know what is up with the CW and the weird editing I've been seeing.

I thought it was a budget episode and then seeing the promo for next week confirmed that since the next episode looks CG heavy.

Not a bad episode though. The highlight probably being the confrontation between Courtney and Shade. Cindy recruiting her own ISA makes a lot of sense as well.

Damn they got me really feeling sorry for Cindy.

I love it that Sportsmaster and Tigress are actually good parents. Sportsmaster in this show compared to his character in YJ is pretty much father of the year lol that’s not really saying much though.

It looks to me as if Shade and McNider faked McNider's death. Shade knows about darkness and knows how much worse it can be than what he practices, and McNider has a very personal reason to oppose Eclipso. Shade might have even been talking to McNider in this week's closing scene on the tower.

I'm guessing that "Chuck", at least this season, isn't an A.I., but the original.
You were on the money.

I liked tonight's episode alot , even though it wasn't really action packed.

I still find Eclipso the least interesting element about this season.

I find characters like Shade, Sportsmaster, and Tigress are far more interesting and fun villains to watch than the Eclipso storyline, though I do like seeing Cindy rebuilding the Injustice Society.

But that's my tastes in terms of what I find more interesting about this season.

I loved seeing Sportmaster and Tigress coming back because I just love that crazy family dynamic that they have with the daughter and atleast you can tell that they genuinely do care about her unlike some of the other parental members of the ISA and even if they are pretty ruthless villians.

The best part of the episode was definitely the confrontation between Courtney and Shade though, but I am becoming very curious how Cindy rebuilding ISA will turn out.

Shade has known about the threat of Eclipso for a long time:
(Paraphrased…)
Courtney: “Where’s Bruce Gordon?”
Shopkeeper: “He’s over there.”
(Courtney goes over there and encounters Shade.)
There’s enough wiggle-room in the actual dialogue for Shade to not be Gordon, but I’d find that unsatisfying after such a dramatic reveal.

This episode features a fiercely protective family (the Crocks). Let’s run with that theme. I’m getting the sense that Eclipso has been attacking Shade where Shade is most vulnerable (his family). If we trace back the McNider line far enough, there’ll be a connection. McNider’s prison of shadows is a safe house, even if McNider doesn’t know it.

Uh... so why switch the aspect ratio four episodes into the season? That was weird. Or is something wrong with the Amazon copy of this one?

The whole Crock family killed me this episode. Good stuff there.

Shade has known about the threat of Eclipso for a long time:

There’s enough wiggle-room in the actual dialogue for Shade to not be Gordon, but I’d find that unsatisfying after such a dramatic reveal.

This episode features a fiercely protective family (the Crocks). Let’s run with that theme. I’m getting the sense that Eclipso has been attacking Shade where Shade is most vulnerable (his family). If we trace back the McNider line far enough, there’ll be a connection. McNider’s prison of shadows is a safe house, even if McNider doesn’t know it.
I just remembered that little kid in the very first scene of the season said his name was Bruce...

I just remembered that little kid in the very first scene of the season said his name was Bruce...
I'd forgotten that detail. I like it. Little Bruce got into his great-great-great-grandfather's treasure collection, perhaps?

I'm throwing out a wild guess, Pat is eventually going to visit the prison to tell the Crocks to break out if they want to save their daughter from Eclipso.

It’s sad that the Thunderbolt pen left Mike and he’s not part of the team again. Hope they don’t put him on the back burner, otherwise Cindy will exploit that.

After seeing this week's episode of Titans, I have to say this show succeeds in so many more things than that. I'm never left scratching my head at the writing.

Is it just me or has there been a lot less Stargirl this season?

I liked this episode though. The "fight" at the school was interesting and the art room set was pretty cool too. Still feel like things aren't really "developing" for whatever reason and I'm not a big fan of villains using others to "further their plan" or whatever. I know it's budget reasons but I'd just like to see actual Eclipso show up and go face to face with the new JSA.

Mike has been a lot better this season so far too, I'm really liking him this year.

There’s tension between Stargirl and her parents over Eclipso and Shade being more honest with her than Pat.

Shade: "Look at you, all fired up. I see where your daughter gets her bravado. And you have an extra quality. It reminds me of someone. Someone from long ago."

Okay, so Courtney's father isn't Starman , but it seems her great-grandmother was Firebrand. I wonder if an All-Star Squadron series is in the works.

"He can make you see things ... Things you want ..."

Black-Diamond_Promo-Banner_892x714px_Product-Only.png

(Image: blackdiamond.ca)

Is it just me or has there been a lot less Stargirl this season?

I liked this episode though. The "fight" at the school was interesting and the art room set was pretty cool too. Still feel like things aren't really "developing" for whatever reason and I'm not a big fan of villains using others to "further their plan" or whatever. I know it's budget reasons but I'd just like to see actual Eclipso show up and go face to face with the new JSA.

Mike has been a lot better this season so far too, I'm really liking him this year.

We're probably getting less Stargirl scenes because of the budget. Like we barely get to see her fly around anymore, or even just the staff moving on it's own. But I guess I prefer that instead of them using the bad CGI of The Flash. And I think we can forget about S.T.R.I.P.E., or maybe they'll just use it in the season finale. (I wouldn't be surprised if it gets destroyed)

I still like the show, but yeah I also noticed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"